Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763524 times)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1680 on: May 23, 2015, 05:00:16 am »

I've also discovered another interesting quirk. And unlike the glitchy material colors, I don't think the next release will address this.

The next release will definitely fix that because it uses a different approach to handle overrides. There's also a chance that I'll fix this before the next major release.

As for vermin, I don't remember all the details, but they're handled somehow completely different way in the game, so not affected by overrides. Eventually I'll look into this as well.

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: May 23, 2015, 05:13:07 am »

Wonderful! I'm glad you're going to fix all of these edge cases like the multi-tile seige ammo. Most people would just use a tileset and be done, so I'm glad you've got an eye for the details. As for the vermin...What if, eventually, you could just overwrite them with a token structure exactly like the existing one for creature graphics?

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:WORM]
[DEFAULT:ANNELIDS:0:0:AS_IS:DEFAULT]

Or would that not work because it would conflict with the existing tokens? You could try something like [TWBT_CREATURE_GRAPHICS] instead.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: May 23, 2015, 08:36:05 am »

I'm pretty sure there's no way to edit the vermin unless it is done in the main tileset. I'm pretty sure I saw Toady write that somewhere when I was curious about that.

It'd be nice if we could override creatures and get them animations though... Someday.. Especially when toady adds in multi tile creatures.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1683 on: May 23, 2015, 11:02:51 am »

Mifki, I know I requested that about 3 times already, but seeing how you do some updates lately: Any chance for caste-specific graphics for creatures?

Because a difference in male/female would be great, as well as castes like guilds, mages, etc.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: May 23, 2015, 01:40:53 pm »

Siege ammo won't display properly! D: I'm positive that I'm targeting the right tiles, but I could only change the middle tile (the shaft). Does TWBT only target a single coordinate for each tile override? To get this working, I think you might need to check the tile left and right coordinates of an item if it is SIEGEAMMO.
One way around this kind of thing is to make overrides for everything you can, and modify the default textures for those you can't. Hope this makes sense?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: May 23, 2015, 02:10:29 pm »

Yes, but for my graphics set I would like to avoid editing the tileset. I am using an upscaled curses_square_24 and would like to keep it purely text. I've always felt that swapping characters for tiles looked tacky which is why I'm creating overrides in the first place.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 02:12:58 pm by DragonDePlatino »

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: May 23, 2015, 02:16:30 pm »

Toady One? I assumed BOULDER and ROCK were names the DFHack developers gave to the memory values.

Nope, they're item types that can also be used in the raws for reactions (etc.) without DFHack.

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: May 23, 2015, 02:25:11 pm »

Yes, and that page has STONE as an alternate name for BOULDER. It makes so much more sense.

EDIT:

Mifki, it seems I found another glitch? This might just be a normal part of gameplay, but I'll be reporting it just to be sure.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you override several items of a single subtype, they won't display correctly if you stand in certain places. Here I've spawned all of the pants, but they only display correctly if I'm standing near the bottom. This glitch also happens if you spawn more items that use the same tiles. Shields might appear as pants if they're placed near them, for example.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 05:33:04 pm by DragonDePlatino »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: May 24, 2015, 05:18:11 pm »

Oh, I've seen that sometimes, I was wondering why that happened.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1690 on: May 24, 2015, 07:22:03 pm »

That's strange, I'll check it.

As for the next major release, for now I'm interested, what building states/flags you'd like to be able to provide custom images for.

For example, current list of what can be overridden is below (some buildings are just missing currently). Images for buildings or variable sizes (bridges, etc.) will be properly stretched and must contain parts for corners, edges and middle area.

Vanst7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: May 25, 2015, 12:01:31 am »

Hi, i'm a lil bit rusty with overrides so i don't know whats wrong in that overides.

[OVERRIDE:7:I:ROCK:ROCK::6:6]

Trying to overides mined stone but it doesnt seem to work. Anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: May 25, 2015, 12:12:09 am »

See? This was exactly what I was talking about.

In DFHack, mined-out stone is called BOULDER while the pebbles you find in Adventure mode are ROCKs. If you swap out ROCK for BOULDER it should work. Oh, and make sure you do separate overrides for cinnabar/cobalt and bituminous coal since they use different tiles.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 12:14:28 am by DragonDePlatino »

Vanst7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: May 25, 2015, 12:18:44 am »

See? This was exactly what I was talking about.

In DFHack, mined-out stone is called BOULDER while the pebbles you find in Adventure mode are ROCKs. If you swap out ROCK for BOULDER it should work. Oh, and make sure you do separate overrides for cinnabar/cobalt and bituminous coal since they use different tiles.

Oh, thats odd but it work perfectly, thanks.^^

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: May 26, 2015, 09:42:35 pm »

Mifki, I'd like to report another issue. It is very similar to the first one I told you about a while back.

If you try overriding a tile, it will set the background to black regardless of what it was before. On the left is how soil looks in-game, and on the right is an edit I drew of how it should look. In both screenshots, the red tile is sandy clay loam and the yellow tile is yellow sand.

As a solution, I think there needs to be more override settings so the artist can fix this on a case by case basis. Here's my idea:

[OVERRIDE:Tile:Kind:Id:Type:Subtype:Tileset:NewTile:NewFg:NewBg:BgSwap]

The BgSwap parameter can have two settings. If you set BgSwap to 0, then TWBT will take the old BG and FG colors and use them for the override. If you set BgSwap to 1, then the BG and FG colors will be swapped for the override. You would set BgSwap to 1 for things like bins and barrels, which naturally have a black foreground and colored background. And for backwards-compatibility, if you do not specify a BgSwap parameter it will default to a value of 0.

Also, to keep things from being too complicated, the NewFg and NewBg parameters could be removed. I have done dozens of overrides but I have never used those parameters because if you set them, it will affect ALL of the possible colors of a tile. I could fix my soil problem by manually setting NewBg to something other than black, but that would affect the background color of all soils that use that tile. Again, for backwards-compatibility, if a NewFg and NewBg parameter are specified, TWBT would ignore them.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 10:14:00 pm by DragonDePlatino »
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 184