Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 768759 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1770 on: September 08, 2015, 05:57:55 am »

so far i haven't found out why exactly it happens, but it was soon after the beginning of summer year 5...

There's a decent chance that the culprit is plants growing into the space occupied by constructed walls (or other constructions) - check outdoors and in the caverns.  This is a vanilla DF bug, BTW.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: September 08, 2015, 06:51:11 am »

it sounds logical as the game crashes always after some time, even if i didnt build the same structures/mined the same rooms. so, how can i avoid that?
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: September 08, 2015, 09:04:32 am »

it sounds logical as the game crashes always after some time, even if i didnt build the same structures/mined the same rooms. so, how can i avoid that?
Generically, you can pave over saplings.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: October 03, 2015, 09:23:04 pm »

so let's see
Code: [Select]
plant exterpate all

easykiln

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: October 04, 2015, 07:54:46 pm »

I love the plugin, posting to follow.

meanjeans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: October 11, 2015, 04:55:45 pm »

Sorry but this thread is EXCEPTIONALLY long (119 pages now) and there's no realistic way to read it. What is the current state of TWBT? Is it compatible with 40.24? Are there many tile sets that take advantage of it? Is there an easy setup process and where can I find the instructions? The git repo is great and detailed but I see neither install instructions nor an installer... Is there a newb guide to setting this up somewhere?

Thanks!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: October 11, 2015, 06:24:33 pm »

Both DFhack and TWBT have awfully obtuse opening posts, don't they?
Answer, yes it's for the latest version of DF.

Easy option: Use Starter Pack. It's all pre-installed. Nothing more to do.

Standard option: Not using Starter pack:

1) Install DfHack. That has instructions someplace. Just remember it's not an installer, just a matter of copying the folders into the Dwarf Fortress main folder. Note that one file (SDL.dll) will be replaced - a backup is provided (SDLreal.dll).

2) Download TWBT plugin from git (opening post - latest release)
    Copy the 4 .dll files from the archive (40.24-r3) and paste them into hack\plugins.
    (The twbt.dll is the utility, the other 3 replace existing dfhack plugins for compatibility.)
    Copy overrides.txt into data\init
    Copy shadows.png into data\art

3) Change Print_Mode to TWBT in init.txt to activate it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 12:01:17 am by Shonai_Dweller »

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: October 11, 2015, 10:45:18 pm »

Liked and retweeted.  :P

The Tilesets and Graphics section would be what you would be looking for if you wanted to see which tilesets make use of twbt. But the Starter pack would be the easiest way to play with it as it's already preinstalled and has many tilesets already. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.0

Infinite Monkeys

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: October 13, 2015, 07:14:42 am »

Was advised to post this here:

I'm using a graphics pack and it's really hard to see whether something is on my z level or the one below because it's only slightly darker if it's below. Is it possible to tweak this so that things on lower levels are much darker rather than just a tiny bit?

e: Ah, seems like the multilevel layering thing is what I'm after. Hooray :)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 07:16:13 am by Infinite Monkeys »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1779 on: October 13, 2015, 07:18:54 am »

Was advised to post this here:

I'm using a graphics pack and it's really hard to see whether something is on my z level or the one below because it's only slightly darker if it's below. Is it possible to tweak this so that things on lower levels are much darker rather than just a tiny bit?

e: Ah, seems like the multilevel layering thing is what I'm after. Hooray :)

https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt#multi-level-rendering

You can try "multilevel fogdensity 0.20" or 0.30 and so on, or play with other parameters.

meanjeans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: October 13, 2015, 11:40:53 am »

Awesome, thanks!

Both DFhack and TWBT have awfully obtuse opening posts, don't they?
Answer, yes it's for the latest version of DF.

Easy option: Use Starter Pack. It's all pre-installed. Nothing more to do.

Standard option: Not using Starter pack:

1) Install DfHack. That has instructions someplace. Just remember it's not an installer, just a matter of copying the folders into the Dwarf Fortress main folder. Note that one file (SDL.dll) will be replaced - a backup is provided (SDLreal.dll).

2) Download TWBT plugin from git (opening post - latest release)
    Copy the 4 .dll files from the archive (40.24-r3) and paste them into hack\plugins.
    (The twbt.dll is the utility, the other 3 replace existing dfhack plugins for compatibility.)
    Copy overrides.txt into data\init
    Copy shadows.png into data\art

3) Change Print_Mode to TWBT in init.txt to activate it.

BadLeo

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't mess with me. I'm a legendary +5 curser.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: October 18, 2015, 07:30:14 am »

I'm experiencing some weird behaviour with TWBT. When I go on a workshop, set something to produce and set workflow constraints with 'alt+w', it opens the workflow screen, that's entirely black with the menu on the right side. Going out of that screen and back to DF, things sometimes get... erm... messy. Multiple tiles are rendered out of place and the more I move through z-levels, the more of a messy it gets. It takes some time to get back to normality, but I always save and load the game again, because I'm afraid it may crash. I do not have a SS of that right now (silly of me), but I'll provide one as soon as I can.

Edit:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pan around sometimes solves it, but sometimes makes it worse.

Edit 2: That might have something to do with mouse controls, also. When I get out of the workflow screen, the cursor isn't over the workshop anymore. And panning around only solves the thing if you move the weird rendered things in the screen to match their actual position.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 06:20:14 am by BadLeo »
If you think dogs like socks, that's because you never met a dwarf.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1782 on: October 22, 2015, 07:08:37 pm »

I'm experiencing some weird behaviour with TWBT. When I go on a workshop, set something to produce and set workflow constraints with 'alt+w', it opens the workflow screen, that's entirely black with the menu on the right side. Going out of that screen and back to DF, things sometimes get... erm... messy. Multiple tiles are rendered out of place and the more I move through z-levels, the more of a messy it gets. It takes some time to get back to normality, but I always save and load the game again, because I'm afraid it may crash. I do not have a SS of that right now (silly of me), but I'll provide one as soon as I can.

Edit:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pan around sometimes solves it, but sometimes makes it worse.

Edit 2: That might have something to do with mouse controls, also. When I get out of the workflow screen, the cursor isn't over the workshop anymore. And panning around only solves the thing if you move the weird rendered things in the screen to match their actual position.

There are known issues with TWBT and custom dfhack screens, I'll check the workflow screen specifically.

TheBloke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: October 30, 2015, 07:07:06 am »

I already said it in another thread but it's very much worth repeating here: thanks so much for TWBT, it's amazing!

I am using version 5.45, bundled with PyLNP.  I just looked at mifki's Github and I see there have been 5 new commits since 5.45.  One of them looked particularly interesting to me:

Fixed zooming to unit/building

I am using TWBT 5.45, with DFHack 40.24-r3, and I use many/most plugins including mousequery. 

I have noticed that zooming is usually broken.  If I zoom to a unit/building, it will end up looking at another tile on the Z level of the target building/unit. 

I thought the reason was mousequery track.   What I think happens is:
  • DF zooms to the target unit/building
  • After the zoom is completed, mousequery reads the mouse cursor position
  • mousequery sets the active tile to be the current mouse position
  • This moves away from the zoom location - so I am on the right Z level for the target, but never the right tile

At first I used to disable the whole mousequery plugin before zooming.  But in my recent testing I have narrowed it down to being mousequery track specifically.

So now I bind these two hotkeys:
keybinding add Ctrl-Shift-B "mousequery track disable"
keybinding add Ctrl-Shift-M "mousequery track enable"

And any time I want to zoom I hit Ctrl-Shift-B, and when I am done I hit Ctrl-Shift-M.

it is a bit annoying, but at least I can use zooming and still have general mouse control!

OK, so now my question:  is any of this related to the fixes mifki has made regarding "Fixed zooming to unit/building"?  I thought the problem was only with mousequery, but maybe it is actually a problem in TWBT and it's possible to fix it in TWBT itself?

If I get this fix added to my TWBT, will I not have to disable mousequery any more?   I have looked at the code in the commit but I don't really know anything about DF/DFHack so I don't really know what it's doing or what it fixes exactly.   Maybe it's something completely unrelated to what I described above?

Though if it's not related to mousequery, my next question would be: what does it fix?  Because when I disable mousequery, zooming seems to work just fine, every time?

Thanks in advance, and again for TWBT!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 07:10:29 am by TheBloke »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: November 01, 2015, 04:21:12 am »

I don't think there's a newer version of TWBT than 5.45?  I looked on mifki's Github and the latest release is 5.45, and there had only been 5 commits since that release.   I guess mifki is running from the latest compiled source but hasn't released a new general version yet?

Latest binaries are always at http://build.mifki.com

Should I be distributing a newer version in the Starter Pack?  My understanding was that the releases were stable, and the builds might not be.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 184