Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763362 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1935 on: April 20, 2016, 06:09:12 pm »

Exactly. New build is on http://build.mifki.com

Could you cross-post to GitHub?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: April 20, 2016, 06:52:35 pm »

Exactly. New build is on http://build.mifki.com

Could you cross-post to GitHub?
so you're going to put it into the next LNP rc?  :)
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: April 20, 2016, 09:01:08 pm »

Yep, new starter pack when I get home tonight.
 Donations here.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: April 20, 2016, 09:14:12 pm »

Yep, new starter pack when I get home tonight.
Dirst cancels work: doing SnoopyDance.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1940 on: April 20, 2016, 11:06:32 pm »

Sorry I still couldn't find what's causing crashes for some users though. After hours of playing I've got only one crash (which may or may not be the same one people experiencing) and at this rate it's not easy to find the problem.

illys

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: April 23, 2016, 01:48:32 am »

I love this plugin. I ABSOLUTELY love it. Makes things SO much more readable!

MonkWho?

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: April 25, 2016, 10:06:02 pm »

Just wanted to stop by and say thank you very much for a great plugin. Makes things look nice and clean. And now that we have a first stable dfhack release for the DF 0.42 series I'll finally be able to play this new version (been putting it off till stable dfhack comes out). Awesomesauce!

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: April 25, 2016, 10:39:04 pm »

I must sound like a broken record, but also looking forward to a build for stable DFHack.

It would be really nice if TwbT could be merged into the main DFHack repo, too - that would share memory research, ease bug reporting, and speed updates.  I know there were some issues before, but I think at least some have been fixed.
 Donations here.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1944 on: April 25, 2016, 10:52:05 pm »

I must sound like a broken record, but also looking forward to a build for stable DFHack.

It would be really nice if TwbT could be merged into the main DFHack repo, too - that would share memory research, ease bug reporting, and speed updates.  I know there were some issues before, but I think at least some have been fixed.

There's a build on the build server. I know you don't like downloading it from there because of my self-signed cert, but I don't test new builds on all platforms and prefer someone to try them before I publish to GitHub as a "release".

Anyway, the latest build is now on GitHub.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1945 on: April 30, 2016, 05:03:24 pm »

Just wanted to report that there are still crashes on startup, in my case its from the included Automaterial plugin of the latest build v5.61 on windows. I use the newest dfhack and 42.06 DF version.

Sometimes it does boot up without a crash and I can play and use TWBT without issues.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1947 on: May 02, 2016, 12:38:06 pm »

On startup? That's something new.
I think I fixed it. I had some legacy-files from older dfhack versions flying around that were moved to different sub-folders in the new version, thats why I didnt notice before.

It works now.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Trallic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: May 11, 2016, 07:46:58 pm »

Tried on two PCs today - does not crash! I'll keep trying...
What tileset/overrides are you using? Also, when disabling TWBT, are you setting print_mode to 2D or STANDARD - better set to STANDARD because 2D is too different. Maybe other plugins you're using interfering?

I've been having the same exact problem. In fact, I registered here tonight just to give this info after quite a few years of lurking around here.

Randomly crashing when - resizing the screen (very rare) , clicking to build a workshop, clicking to build wall/floor as well as moving the cursor to do either of those.

Originally I thought the wall/floor thing was my resizing the selection as I was moving the cursor as I seem to recall that happening once in a blue moon on earlier 4x versions. However, one particular day I crashed several times in a row trying to build the same workshop in the same tile. I even rebooted to see if maybe there was some unreleased memory hosing something up but it did not help. As a test, I built something else and went back to the original and was able to place it fine. In fact, it did not crash on me again for a few hours.

After switching back to Standard I have had 3 full, solid days of the game running without a single crash. In addition, framerates have been capped at 100 for almost the whole time.

Not to pile on, but I can also say that for the first time since I installed .06 I have not had the ghost/missing caravan problem. This one has been a major problem for me, either popping up immediately in the 2nd year or the 3rd.

I have tried TWBT and the Legacy option with the same crash problem. The starter packs r02/03/04 with tile set Phoebus all had the same issue. Plugins active are Other Automation plugins, Performance Tweaks and Workflow. I have turned them off and experienced the crashing.

I don't mess with the files or launch options too much and I had completely forgotten about TWBT. Part of the problem using the LNP I guess. Once I turned it off, all the problems stopped. I hope this is something that can be tracked down and fixed. I've become so used to seeing the game this way it's hard going back.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1949 on: May 11, 2016, 08:52:19 pm »

Thank you for the information, although it doesn't help much since I can't reproduce the problem on any of my computers. Maybe it's something video card-related. I will check my OpenGL code again to see if there's anything suspicious that might upset some video drivers. Can't think of other reason why it doesn't crash for me with the same save it would crash for sure for some other people.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 184