Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 770529 times)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1950 on: May 12, 2016, 08:07:37 am »

that's as far as i could track my crashes TWBT -> multilevel rendering causes crashes

some strange "graphic artifacts" show fake copies of tiles when moving the view. these artifacts stay even when switching zlevels up and down again. still occurs with "multilevel 0".

without TWBT and a square tileset/graphicset, the small menu takes up more than half of the width of my screen, rendering the game unplayable, the full menu would take up the whole screen, so TWBT has to work :)

and i'm using the LNP 42.06.r4.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1951 on: May 12, 2016, 02:20:08 pm »

Just wanted to let you know that I've been doing more decorations now and TWBT with custom workshops still works fantastically :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

tapk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: May 12, 2016, 06:45:06 pm »

Thank you for the information, although it doesn't help much since I can't reproduce the problem on any of my computers. Maybe it's something video card-related. I will check my OpenGL code again to see if there's anything suspicious that might upset some video drivers. Can't think of other reason why it doesn't crash for me with the same save it would crash for sure for some other people.
Crashes on both ATI Radeon HD 2400 and NVidia GeForce 660 (with latest available drivers). It's also not OS-related, i tried on WinXP and Win10. And it's not related with the workshop drawing arifacts, it still crashes with twbt redraw_all 1.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: May 19, 2016, 10:03:35 am »

Would there be any interest in adding my two fonts (serif and sans serif, each in 10x10 and 20x20) to the TWBT font selection, which can then be filtered down to the starter packs? I thought of sending a pull request, but decided to just ask here. Both fonts are unique to my sets in the Dwarf Fortress world (that I'm aware of), and I drew the accented characters myself. Just to add some variety to the selection, and because my sets don't need any adjustments to work well: they're already in line with the base tileset. I thought of it while watching a Let's Play, and he commented that there weren't many TWBT font options that he'd use.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 10:05:10 am by Taffer »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1954 on: May 19, 2016, 04:10:15 pm »

TWBT doesn't include any fonts itself, are you talking about starter packs (then you need to post in appropriate threads)? Or I didn't understand what you mean.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: May 19, 2016, 05:05:49 pm »

I think you might be looking for the DFGraphics Repository: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155882.0

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: May 19, 2016, 10:46:25 pm »

TWBT doesn't include any fonts itself, are you talking about starter packs (then you need to post in appropriate threads)? Or I didn't understand what you mean.
I think you might be looking for the DFGraphics Repository: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155882.0

TWBT's repository demonstratably includes font tilesets. If it's taboo to include new fonts in this repository, might I suggest removing the ones that are there? I'm confused as to why this is an inappropriate place to submit tilesets, if this is upstream and upstream includes tilesets. (Spacefox_16x16_text.png, curses_800x600.png)

At any rate, apologies for the noise.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 11:01:09 pm by Taffer »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1957 on: May 19, 2016, 11:10:59 pm »

TWBT's repository demonstratably includes fonts. I'm not "looking for the DFGraphics repository". If it's taboo to include new fonts in this repository, might I suggest removing the ones that are there? I'm confused as to why this is an inappropriate place to submit, if this is upstream and upstream includes fonts.

At any rate, apologies for the noise.

Those two fonts are included for historical reasons - when TWBT was new, people downloaded it and in case they didn't have any text tileset, I included one. I'm saying "one" while there are two files because at first TWBT required square text font, and I also included non-square one later when TWBT started to support non-square text tiles.

In short, these fonts are included as an example to make a self-sufficient distribution package, and I never meant to provide a "selection of fonts".

If you want your fonts to be included, that's not a problem, of course. I just doubt anyone using fonts from my package at all.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: May 19, 2016, 11:14:21 pm »

Those two fonts are included for historical reasons - when TWBT was new, people downloaded it and in case they didn't have any text tileset, I included one. I'm saying "one" while there are two files because at first TWBT required square text font, and I also included non-square one later when TWBT started to support non-square text tiles.

In short, these fonts are included as an example to make a self-sufficient distribution package, and I never meant to provide a "selection of fonts".

If you want your fonts to be included, that's not a problem, of course. I just doubt anyone using fonts from my package at all.

That makes sense. I'll see about making a DFGraphics pull sometime. Oh, and apologies if I came across as rude, I didn't intend to be.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: May 19, 2016, 11:44:03 pm »

I'll see about making a DFGraphics pull sometime.

Sorry I didn't jump in earlier; been very busy lately.  For Starter Packs, it's better not to add anything to graphics packs -- take advantage of the LNP/Tilesets dir.  Pull requests most useful against my repo and/or the LNP shared core.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: May 20, 2016, 02:00:32 am »

Is there a guide to find render_map address?

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: May 20, 2016, 05:52:51 am »

the LNP contains nonsquare text and i use it. if i'd use the square font, even the small menu would cover up half of my screen.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: May 20, 2016, 05:59:38 am »

As well as to find all other addresses https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/blob/master/PATCHES.md

Thanks. Was lookin in the .cpp file (it contains half the instructions).
If anyone is interested the win 43.02 rendermap offset is:0xB1F140
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 09:13:21 am by Warmist »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1964 on: May 20, 2016, 08:48:05 pm »

As well as to find all other addresses https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/blob/master/PATCHES.md

Thanks. Was lookin in the .cpp file (it contains half the instructions).
If anyone is interested the win 43.02 rendermap offset is:0xB1F140

What are you doing, if not a secret?
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 184