Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 769496 times)

DAOWAce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2070 on: October 21, 2016, 03:51:56 am »

DAOWAce, if you could update and play for some time with redraw_all and multilevel.
Oh wow, didn't expect a build for v42.  Was just about to play again, so I'll definitely test it.

Also, Chrome complains about an invalid HTTPS certificate, but I could ignore it.

Edit: Played for about an hour just fine.  Quit and tried the save that would crash in ~12 seconds, let that run for 30-40 minutes, no issues.

Unfortunately, I appear to have deleted the wrong folder and wiped my current save..  Lost 3 ingame years of playtime.. at about 20-40 calculation FPS (around 30-40 hours over the course of 4 days IIRC).. and I did a lot of manual tiletype changes with dfhack (for aesthetic reasons).

No recovery possible, did too many extractions of my 2 backups trying to figure out what happened (and Windows is garbage and never shadow copied the folder despite ample space; newest is from Oct 13).. and DF's autobackup option wasn't enabled (which I just now did).

I'm gonna just go out on a limb and say the update fixed the issue.  This incident pretty much killed my will to play, so I won't be touching the game again for a few weeks.

Thank you for the fix, hope others report successfully as well.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 06:13:11 am by DAOWAce »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: October 21, 2016, 05:20:56 am »

Text Will Be Text v5.7 downloads fine for me in Firefox on Snow Leopard.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: October 21, 2016, 04:31:07 pm »

well, today i had the strangest bug: four downward stairs just vanished without any reason - or by some strange means smoothing stone removes stairs...
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2073 on: October 21, 2016, 05:05:50 pm »

well, today i had the strangest bug: four downward stairs just vanished without any reason - or by some strange means smoothing stone removes stairs...
If the stairs themselves are gone, you removed them. TWBT only changes graphics.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: October 22, 2016, 01:56:53 am »

If the stairs themselves are gone, you removed them. TWBT only changes graphics.
strange. i can't imagine a lazy stone detailer running for those 4 stairs in the corners while giving a f*** about the work otherwise.
Is it even possible to remove carved stairs with [d-s] ?
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: October 22, 2016, 05:50:42 am »

strange. i can't imagine a lazy stone detailer running for those 4 stairs in the corners while giving a f*** about the work otherwise.
Is it even possible to remove carved stairs with [d-s] ?
Carved stairs are easy to remove. Build stairs are "harder" to remove. They are protected from building over and stuff. Stuff like this confused me before you develop an intuition about how tiles vs constructions vs buildings vs zones vs room vs ... work (though digging through internals help).

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #2076 on: October 25, 2016, 01:37:02 pm »

d-z removes stairs. It's all too common to remove the ramps around a hill with d-z and then notice that you've trapped half your embark party in a hole. Thankfully, it's easy to fix, but it's rather perplexing for those who aren't experts with the various designation idiosyncrasies.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2077 on: October 27, 2016, 02:53:40 pm »

Mifki, is it possible to switch tilesets while TWBT is running? I made a tileset that works only on the worldmap, http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161256.0, and a user on reddit suggested that it could be loaded first, then the players generates a world, the tileset is still used till the embark selector, but after embark, TWBT would use another set for the text.

Aka:
Use font tileset 1 till embark selector.
Use font tileset 2 after embark selector.
Change is done automatically by TWBT.

Any chance for that?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: October 27, 2016, 05:33:23 pm »

Supporting a third font specifically for maps has been planned for more than two years.  @Mifki, any news?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: October 27, 2016, 05:56:49 pm »

Seconded! Support for a worldgen tileset would be great and a feature I would absolutely use if available.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: October 27, 2016, 06:05:36 pm »

I'll definitely add a worldgen tileset if TWBT supports it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2081 on: October 29, 2016, 06:51:52 am »

Another suggestion: Make TWBT load 4 different color schemes. Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter. Automatically change those upon the change of seasons.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: October 29, 2016, 07:14:36 am »

Another suggestion: Make TWBT load 4 different color schemes. Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter. Automatically change those upon the change of seasons.

That might actually be possible as a separate plugin.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: October 29, 2016, 11:01:45 am »

Yeah, changing the color scheme on the fly isn't hard. See gui/settings-manager.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2084 on: October 29, 2016, 11:02:50 am »

Yeah, changing the color scheme on the fly isn't hard. See gui/settings-manager.
So it could be easily automated with a script?
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 184