Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 768551 times)

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2100 on: November 07, 2016, 10:32:05 am »

Code: [Select]
[GRAPHICS:NO]
Change this to "YES".
... Thanks.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: November 07, 2016, 09:29:28 pm »

Apologies for the double post, but it's been a while with no responses - does anyone know how I disable the dwarf graphics?

Basically, I just want to use square ascii for the map tiles, and rectangular ascii for the text (it's much more readable that way) but the dwarfs are defaulting to the graphics. I've deleted dwarfs.bmp and edited out the entry in raw/graphics_example.txt, but they still show the default dwarf tileset instead of the ascii smileyface.

EDIT: I figured it out. Needed to delete it from the saves as well.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 09:59:16 pm by Firnagzen »
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: November 12, 2016, 01:45:48 pm »

Someone said that Text Will Be Text works with DF v0.43.05. Does the version of TWBT for DF v0.43.03 also work with DF v0.43.05? I was under the impression that it had to be updated for every release.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: November 12, 2016, 09:12:21 pm »

Someone said that Text Will Be Text works with DF v0.43.05. Does the version of TWBT for DF v0.43.03 also work with DF v0.43.05? I was under the impression that it had to be updated for every release.

Respectively: not yet, no, and correct.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: November 12, 2016, 10:41:40 pm »

Thanks for clarifying that. Wasn't expecting to hear that answer from you, though.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: November 12, 2016, 10:51:36 pm »

Thanks for clarifying that. Wasn't expecting to hear that answer from you, though.
PE knows all about how all the bits and pieces of the DF ecosystem fit together, at least the ones that run on Windows.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: November 12, 2016, 10:59:07 pm »

Yeah, I agree. I just linked his post to show him proof that they don't work together.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: November 13, 2016, 06:22:40 am »

PE knows all about how all the bits and pieces of the DF ecosystem fit together, at least the ones that run on Windows.
I hope no foreign carnivores and destruents enter this ecosystem anytime soon :D
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Nelapsi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: November 17, 2016, 06:36:36 pm »

I used to play with phoebus and today, first time in my dorf life, i tried to use different tileset. I tried spacefox, which uses sharp pixelated graphics and i realised that in twbt mode it becomes blurry antialiased mess. Everything is fine in 2D and twbt_legacy mode, so i came here to ask what exactly i am losing playing in legacy mode, or what should i do to prevent this unwanted antialiasing. Check spoiler to see the comparison. I guess normal TWBT mode rendering image in wrong resolution or smth.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 06:41:01 pm by Nelapsi »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2109 on: November 17, 2016, 07:09:24 pm »

I used to play with phoebus and today, first time in my dorf life, i tried to use different tileset. I tried spacefox, which uses sharp pixelated graphics and i realised that in twbt mode it becomes blurry antialiased mess. Everything is fine in 2D and twbt_legacy mode, so i came here to ask what exactly i am losing playing in legacy mode, or what should i do to prevent this unwanted antialiasing. Check spoiler to see the comparison. I guess normal TWBT mode rendering image in wrong resolution or smth.

Looks like you have "twbt tilesize" command hardcoded somewhere in your configs.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: November 17, 2016, 07:17:40 pm »

Yeah, Fricy added "TWBT tilesize 18px" to Spacefox a year ago. I removed it 2 months ago from the repo, but that was on the version for DF v0.43.05.

To remove the hardcoded TWBT tilesize, delete the /LNP/graphics/Spacefox/raw/onLoad.init file from your Lazy Newb Pack. Then open the LNP launcher and switch graphics packs and then switch it back.

Nelapsi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: November 18, 2016, 09:15:11 am »

Yeah, Fricy added "TWBT tilesize 18px" to Spacefox a year ago. I removed it 2 months ago from the repo, but that was on the version for DF v0.43.05.

To remove the hardcoded TWBT tilesize, delete the /LNP/graphics/Spacefox/raw/onLoad.init file from your Lazy Newb Pack. Then open the LNP launcher and switch graphics packs and then switch it back.
Ah, wonderful. Thank you.

ethanwdp

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: November 21, 2016, 11:38:56 am »

Is there any way to fix the adventure mode camp construction screen being black when TWBT is enabled?

It works fine when TWBT is disabled, however I cannot stand vanilla text.

Am I out of luck here?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2113 on: November 22, 2016, 02:17:52 am »

Is there any way to fix the adventure mode camp construction screen being black when TWBT is enabled?

It works fine when TWBT is disabled, however I cannot stand vanilla text.

Am I out of luck here?

I'll check it.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: November 23, 2016, 08:59:01 pm »

There's been another report that seems to indicate that TWBT works in DF v0.43.05.

On a thread about DFHack alpha2:
Quote from: Dasharg95
Just install and cannot load TWBT :(
alpha1 let me load TWBT.
Quote from: lethosor
That's because the build of TwbT you're using only works with alpha1. Mifki (or someone else) usually puts up a new build fairly quickly after a release, though.

I don't know what to believe anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 184