Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 761988 times)

Nobak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2205 on: May 13, 2017, 08:52:07 pm »

Just an update on my previous issue. As my fort progressed, I've had a slow decay where the crashes would appear, I'd trim down addons, and then it would go away, and I'd play again. I reached a point where TWBT_LEGACY crashed, and switched to 2D. Then finally I reached a point where it crashed again - without TWBT enabled at all. At this point I have to disable DFHack to get it to load.

So whatever the issue is, I believe TWBT can be eliminated as a cause.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: May 13, 2017, 09:57:04 pm »

That's weird. Do the previous crashes still happen (i.e. once you reached the point where 2D crashed, did TWBT_LEGACY crash too)? How much memory is DF using once you load your fort?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Lamandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Diagnostican
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: May 14, 2017, 04:15:16 am »

I've published binaries for 0.43.05-beta2.

well done, now you can do the same for the r1, I am afraid...

Nobak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: May 18, 2017, 09:08:20 pm »

That's weird. Do the previous crashes still happen (i.e. once you reached the point where 2D crashed, did TWBT_LEGACY crash too)? How much memory is DF using once you load your fort?

I had not tried, but yes, TWBT_LEGACY still crashes. STANDARD also crashes. Turning off DFHack was my last ditch effort to keep the fort going. Hey, on the plus side that's helped me really realize just how many cool features it has.

With TWBT turned off, currently the memory is just under 1600 (1588) MB when it crashes.
With DFHack turned off, it reaches 1492MB on a successful load and seems to reach the 1500s eventually while running. The flip side of the load crashes, which is that saves other than quicksave failed most of the time, also does not seem to occur with my current configuration.

This is 43.03, so a 32-bit version of everything. I suspect that this may be significant.

I'm not personally looking to fix my situation, what I have now is good enough for me even though it's not optimal. But that was already how I felt before posting here, mostly hoping it might help out. So if you think it would be relevant to look into this situation in the DFHack thread, I can take it there.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: May 18, 2017, 09:25:03 pm »

I'm honestly not sure what it is. My best advice would be to disable all of the plugins (really disable them, with the "disable -all" command, not through a pack), and then re-enable a few at a time until you find one that's crashing.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2211 on: May 18, 2017, 11:24:17 pm »

This is 43.03, so a 32-bit version of everything. I suspect that this may be significant.

So why don't you try 64bit, or are you on a 32bit OS?

Nobak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: May 20, 2017, 04:30:26 pm »

So why don't you try 64bit, or are you on a 32bit OS?

My main reasons are that I'm worried about the risk of having issues if I keep playing my current world on a newer version, and from what I've read it seems Dwarf Therapist doesn't work properly on 64-bit.

I'm honestly not sure what it is. My best advice would be to disable all of the plugins (really disable them, with the "disable -all" command, not through a pack), and then re-enable a few at a time until you find one that's crashing.

Neither disable -all nor "disable -all" as commands seem to work, but I can disable each of them manually in the init file. Stonesense and Tweak won't disable though ("Cannot disable plugin: stonesense"). Regardless, that still crashed.

I then tried just commenting out everything in the 3 init files I found in my folder (I have additional dfhack and onMapLoad init files with PeridexisErrant's name), but that also still crashed.

Then I just renamed the hack/plugins folder entirely. Success! Saving also works. Guess I can create a new empty plugins folder and manually add the plugins one at a time and see how that goes.

Edit: The folder has 83 plugins. Loading the first 40 works, and loading the last 43 *also* works. Either there's a conflict somewhere, or I'm just seeing a re-hash of the last times I got things running again, namely that I'm just getting things to work by trimming down my game environment and freeing resources, without actually finding a root cause.

Final edit, hopefully: Putting everything exactly as it was before, but without stonesense in the plugins folder, seems to work. It does happen to be the plugin with the largest file though, so that could be a coincidence, especially since enabling TWBT is still causing a crash with that setup. And to be clear, I was not actually using stonesense.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 04:48:37 pm by Nobak »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: May 20, 2017, 07:12:29 pm »

Yeah, sorry about the wrong command there. I think I meant "unload -all" (without quotes - no commands are wrapped entirely in quotes), which basically accomplishes what you were doing with removing plugins from the plugins folder.
I'm kind of surprised that Stonesense would be crashing for you at that point, since the only things it should be doing that could cause crashes if you're not using it would happen at startup. I'll look at it again to see if there's anything obvious. I don't think its file size is that relevant, unless you're almost hitting 2 or 4 GB of memory usage by DF when it crashes.
Edit: it doesn't look like it should be doing anything when a world loads, which was my best guess as to why it could be crashing. Strange.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 07:27:21 pm by lethosor »

Nobak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: May 21, 2017, 09:58:16 am »

Well like I said, it looks like it's something about amount of resources used, though it's not strictly ram (I've found a setup that consistently worked at round 1575MB and another that consistently crashed at less than that). It works fine with Stonesense enabled if I cut out enough other things. I've found no discernible pattern throughout the whole thing except less things (including smaller fort, and switching to a more lightweight tileset) = more success.

So I just looked up the documentation for every plugin so I could pick and choose those I want. It wasn't enough to get TWBT back, unfortunately, but I'm sure it will keep working longer on my next fort.

gasznak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: May 24, 2017, 08:31:07 am »

There seems to be an issue with TWBT atm.
It removes floor tiles from workshops and places them randomly on the same level as the workshops.
It looks like this:

Moving camera sometimes fixes it. Resizing windows sometimes fixes it. However, it's back as soon as I change to z-level or move my camera again.

After I turned off TWBT the problem was gone (although all the ingame text was illegible again).

I'm using latest version of the PyLNP (starter noobpack).

Please send help! ;D

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: May 24, 2017, 06:59:06 pm »

In addition, what specific version are you talking about here? "The latest" doesn't help, and "PyLNP" is a launcher included in multiple packs. A link to a specific pack and an actual version number would be helpful.
I'm using latest version of the PyLNP (starter noobpack).

Tabris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: May 24, 2017, 09:30:13 pm »

Having really weird graphical glitches like this. I'm also having trouble with the cursor going to a completely different place when i try to zoom in a unit:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm using version 5.84 included in version 0.43.05-r05 of the Lazy Newb Pack.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 184