Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 762007 times)

gasznak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2220 on: May 25, 2017, 09:02:02 am »

What version of TWBT is it (printed in dfhack console on launch)?

In addition, what specific version are you talking about here? "The latest" doesn't help, and "PyLNP" is a launcher included in multiple packs. A link to a specific pack and an actual version number would be helpful.

Sorry for that. Here are the details:

Dfhack console states that I'm using: TWBT: version 5.84
It was a part of latest LNP release 0.43.05-r05, which you can find here: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7622

Hope that is enough. :) If you have any further questions, let me know.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: May 25, 2017, 09:21:42 am »

gasznak: I would try mifki's advice - I haven't seen your exact issue before, but it sounds similar to this one.

I'm using version 5.84 included in version 0.43.05-r05 of the Lazy Newb Pack.

Download https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/releases/download/v5.84/twbt-5.84-win.zip, unpack and copy all dll files from 0.43.05-r1 folder to hack/plugins folder.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Tabris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: May 25, 2017, 12:00:57 pm »

I'm using version 5.84 included in version 0.43.05-r05 of the Lazy Newb Pack.

Download https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/releases/download/v5.84/twbt-5.84-win.zip, unpack and copy all dll files from 0.43.05-r1 folder to hack/plugins folder.
Thanks! This fixed both problems.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: May 31, 2017, 09:31:58 am »

I've been working on getting TwbT to work with other plugins without having to distribute separate builds of them. Right now, DFHack's builds of mousequery and resume seem to be working:

Spoiler: mousequery (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: resume (click to show/hide)

This should hopefully help address some of the issues mentioned above in the future.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: June 14, 2017, 07:54:12 pm »

So how do you use this, and does it work with 43.04?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: June 14, 2017, 10:45:18 pm »

So how do you use this, and does it work with 43.04?
It works with (64-bit) 0.43.05. Few utilities worked with 0.43.04 at all.

Installation is fairly straightforward - you just need to copy the plugins into hack/plugins and the images into data/art. The rest isn't strictly necessary, but might be useful. There are some directions on GitHub, and more in a pull request.

Lamandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Diagnostican
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: July 16, 2017, 06:50:53 am »

just a heads up, new DFhack r2 now. a update would be very very nice! Thank you.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2227 on: July 19, 2017, 05:45:51 pm »

Version 5.85 is available with 0.43.05-r2 support. This will be the last release before merging the changes from Next branch discussed here http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=163298.0

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #2228 on: July 22, 2017, 02:44:36 pm »

My google-fu is failing me and I can't seem to locate a guide for using TWBT.

I just saw an LP where someone changed the color modifications for displaying lower z-levels. I'd love to know how to do that, and learn about the rest of the amazing features I'm not using.

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
  • Busy Being Worshiped By Alien Pagans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: July 27, 2017, 12:15:40 pm »

Does anyone know how to take the source code and compile it in a 32 bit version?

EDIT : Nevermind I think I've figured it out.

It seems I'm missing a file called core.h, is this available?

Why didn't you make a 32 bit version? It's like just a couple clicks in visual studio and some waiting time.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 12:41:50 pm by Arcturus »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: July 27, 2017, 01:29:53 pm »

Because nobody uses 32bit windows.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: July 27, 2017, 02:11:56 pm »

Core.h is part of DFHack. You would have to clone DFHack too and point the solution file to it somehow.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2232 on: July 27, 2017, 04:01:56 pm »

Because nobody uses 32bit windows.

Because Arcturus forgot about some clicks also required to find all the addresses for 32bit.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2233 on: July 27, 2017, 04:02:46 pm »

My google-fu is failing me and I can't seem to locate a guide for using TWBT.

I just saw an LP where someone changed the color modifications for displaying lower z-levels. I'd love to know how to do that, and learn about the rest of the amazing features I'm not using.

There should be a ReadMe file in the package, or here https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/blob/master/README.md

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: August 05, 2017, 06:35:07 pm »

Hi guys. I'm just coming back to DF after a multi-year break, and I'm excited to try out all the new features and DFHack plugins and cool shit that's been added since I've been away! This one in particular looks AWESOME. :) But... I'm struggling to get it to work.

I am using the Lazee Newb Pack PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack (most up-to-date version as of this post) and have enabled Enhanced Gameplay, Multilevel View and Performance Tweaks in the DFHack tab. TWBT is not in this list, but it does show the plugin being loaded when I load the game (v.5.85).

But ingame, the graphics still look like this, where periods are appearing as grey boxes. Am I missing a step? A few posts back, the creator mentions that installation is as easy as dropping the plugin files in the correct directories- which they are, by default, in the LNP. So I'm not really sure what to do from here. This is all a bit over my head, but I can follow technical instructions pretty well if anyone knows what's wrong and can guide me in the right direction.

Thanks for any and all help!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 06:40:39 pm by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 184