Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763395 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2325 on: December 29, 2017, 05:08:51 am »

Thanks. Works. I got the display case and pedestal to show an override. I combined the graphics, it looks like a display case on top of a pedestal ingame, I think that's a good compromise.

I tried the print-twbt-override script. For all custom workshops, including soap maker and screwpress, it shows old-tile:B:WEAPON_UPRIGHT:Workshop:23:new-tileset:new-tile, which is obviously not what it should show.

Seems there is still something wrong in the list of building IDs, either in dfhack, twbt or both.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2326 on: December 29, 2017, 05:18:31 am »

I think stockpiles should definitely support multi-layered rendering. Someone was asking recently about a way to make stockpiles invisible. And it looks like TWBT even allows stuff to be only partially-transparent. A partially-transparent stockpile might be nice.

Partially-transparent stockpile may be nice, right. However as it is now, there are two layers only - terrain and an item/building/unit(soon). So currently it can't be terrain then a semi-transparent stockpile, then an item. Maybe at some point I'll rewrite it to support rendering any number of tiles one on top of another (or at least three).

But I can easily add an option to completely hide stockpile tiles unless in [q]/[k]/[p] modes.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2327 on: December 29, 2017, 05:24:40 am »

Thanks. Works. I got the display case and pedestal to show an override. I combined the graphics, it looks like a display case on top of a pedestal ingame, I think that's a good compromise.

I tried the print-twbt-override script. For all custom workshops, including soap maker and screwpress, it shows old-tile:B:WEAPON_UPRIGHT:Workshop:23:new-tileset:new-tile, which is obviously not what it should show.

Seems there is still something wrong in the list of building IDs, either in dfhack, twbt or both.

Is it with 0.44.03 and the TWBT 6.27? For me with these versions your override for a screw press does work.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: December 29, 2017, 05:50:01 am »

Or my script is not very good at picking the best ID. Maybe I should go back to the first version when I printed every possible ID, letting the user choose the best one intelligently.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: December 29, 2017, 05:56:48 am »

Maybe I should go back to the first version when I printed every possible ID, letting the user choose the best one intelligently.
Every possible sounds great!

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: December 29, 2017, 06:27:54 am »

I just realize that you don't need to know the subtype for the Pedestal and Display Case because they both have different original tiles, so they can have separate graphics without it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2331 on: December 29, 2017, 07:43:27 am »

I just realize that you don't need to know the subtype for the Pedestal and Display Case because they both have different original tiles, so they can have separate graphics without it.
That is only partly correct. The buildings use the same tile. The tools use two different tiles. But the constructed display case and pedestal use the same tile, just inverted.

Mifki, I did indeed use the (slightly older) version 6.26 on 44.02. I downloaded and tested the new build, 6.27 for 44.03 and the issue is fixed. Everything is fine with the custom workshops. :)

Does this new version also have the creature transparency you mentioned once?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2332 on: December 29, 2017, 08:33:16 am »

No, the required changes didn't get into alpha1. Also, we haven't decided what to do with creature backgrounds. Proper implementation (loading separate -bg images) will take time, and also probably won't be possible until I can use more than one texture, with potentially twice more images for creatures it definitely will exceed the max texture size.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2333 on: December 29, 2017, 09:24:40 am »

Version 6.28 adds an option to hide stockpiles unless in [q], [p] or [k] mode. Enable with "twbt hide_stockpiles 1". Also requires "twbt redraw_all 1", which is required for tilesets that override terrain tiles anyway.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2334 on: December 29, 2017, 09:45:34 am »

No, the required changes didn't get into alpha1. Also, we haven't decided what to do with creature backgrounds. Proper implementation (loading separate -bg images) will take time, and also probably won't be possible until I can use more than one texture, with potentially twice more images for creatures it definitely will exceed the max texture size.
Are you speaking of tiles or sprites? As in data/art or raw/graphics?

Because adding creature transparency for vermin, which use tiles from data/art means that it adds no extra -bg images, since I already have one for the items, which are on the same tileset.

For creature sprites in raw/graphics, it would add lots of -bg files... but I don't think it's really necessary for them, since they dont use their tile numbers at all. They get their graphics from the graphics.txt files.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2335 on: December 29, 2017, 10:12:00 am »

Because adding creature transparency for vermin, which use tiles from data/art means that it adds no extra -bg images, since I already have one for the items, which are on the same tileset.

But vermin are items not units, this new stuff doesn't affect them...

For creature sprites in raw/graphics, it would add lots of -bg files... but I don't think it's really necessary for them, since they dont use their tile numbers at all. They get their graphics from the graphics.txt files.

Still as all tiles they have foreground and background colours, and to be able to render bg colour, I need a -bg image. That's why I asked you whether bg colour is used for units (sprites) or not.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: December 29, 2017, 10:13:35 am »

That is only partly correct. The buildings use the same tile. The tools use two different tiles. But the constructed display case and pedestal use the same tile, just inverted.
I might be misunderstanding, but I'm pretty sure the default ASCII tileset uses different tiles for these two buildings when they're constructed.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2337 on: December 29, 2017, 10:29:36 am »

I might be misunderstanding, but I'm pretty sure the default ASCII tileset uses different tiles for these two buildings when they're constructed.
I double/triple checked, and Toady sneaked in a new feature for those... we were both right.

The constructed pedestal/display-case takes on the tile of the item_tool:pedestal/display-case. In vanilla that's 139 and 227. In my tileset I use overrides for all tools, so they are all set to 255 to only use a single tile in the main tileset. That's why I assumed that the buildings use the same tile.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: December 29, 2017, 10:37:43 am »

Version 6.28 adds an option to hide stockpiles unless in [q], [p] or [k] mode. Enable with "twbt hide_stockpiles 1". Also requires "twbt redraw_all 1", which is required for tilesets that override terrain tiles anyway.

Nice!

Where do I put these commands to enable it? I've tried typing in the Terminal window, but it says I can't do that:

[DFHack]# twbt redraw_all 1
twbt is not a recognized command.
twbt is a plugin but does not implement any commands

[DFHack]#

Edit: Oh, I figured it out; I have to set Print Mode to TWBT first.  :P
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 10:56:52 am by jecowa »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2339 on: December 29, 2017, 10:41:56 am »

But vermin are items not units, this new stuff doesn't affect them...
Vermin are units. And currently not transparent. If they die, they turn into remains, which are items. Or caught fish-vermin, those too. But the living, moving vermin can't use transparency atm.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 184