Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 766977 times)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2445 on: March 20, 2018, 05:06:09 am »

how to solve a problem with zoom to location not scaling to graphicset, but to tileset?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=169944.0
when tileset and graphicset tilesizes differ, the zooming doesn't work accurately enough, so it is impossible for me to link a bridge to a pressureplate: selecting the bridge zoomed next to it and it said "there is no valid building nearby" cancelling the process of linking, so i couldnt manually select the bridge.
this affacts all zooms from FB/migrant over unit lists to linking bridges to pressure plates (which works with levers for some unknown reason).
only zooms to the top left area are near enough, but most are 10-20 tiles off in a 3x3 embark.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: March 21, 2018, 01:48:50 pm »

So, somebody recommended I suggest this on the forum thread -- are there plans to support a separate font for the embark screen/civilization map the same way there's a separate font for text and terrain? At the moment, the world map uses the same font as the text does, which means that text fonts have to be a bit of a compromise if you want one that looks good as a map (this is based on this reddit thread).
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

Lamandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Diagnostican
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: March 30, 2018, 04:15:47 pm »

Another new DF Version (plus DF-Hack) are up. Would love an easter update.

ThoMeuhGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: March 31, 2018, 06:32:21 am »

So, somebody recommended I suggest this on the forum thread -- are there plans to support a separate font for the embark screen/civilization map the same way there's a separate font for text and terrain? At the moment, the world map uses the same font as the text does, which means that text fonts have to be a bit of a compromise if you want one that looks good as a map (this is based on this reddit thread).

I totally support this.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2449 on: March 31, 2018, 08:37:41 am »

Just adding that I too support that idea, considering that I made a map-only tileset as well.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: March 31, 2018, 10:03:05 am »

Just adding that I too support that idea, considering that I made a map-only tileset as well.
i support it too!
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: April 01, 2018, 04:33:31 pm »

I think redrawing is something that TWBT is doing anyway, and the "redraw all" command just makes it redraw more often than it normally does. Maybe the redraw all command isn't directly responsible for the crashes; maybe it just increases the chances for the crash condition to occur.

I've already explained somewhere here, redraw_all makes it redraw all the tiles and not just with changed tile numbers/colours. I don't know why it crashes for farm plots, but in general it does all the processing on another thread which isn't very good, but doesn't slow down simulation and wasn't causing problems before. Probably reprocessing ALL tiles makes it more likely to crash. Or maybe it's something completely different.

Anyway, I'll try looking into this crash but then I'll take a break and think about rewriting TWBT because there's a number of things that I can't fix without architecture changes (namely, support for multiple GPU textures to get rid of the tilesheet limit, support for overriding all building tiles, optimisations, and eliminating of the possibility of the said thread synchronisation issues). I don't mean the break will necessarily be long but rather that I'll not make fixes or add new features to the current implementation.

Maybe the upcoming improvements in the TWBT rewrite will make make a map tilesheet more possible.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: April 02, 2018, 02:15:54 pm »

So what exactly needs to be done to update this for new versions of df/dfhack?
also, any chance we can get the release zip folder structure matching what it should be so we can just drop it into the DF folder?
I keep having to guess where to put the files.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: April 02, 2018, 02:42:03 pm »

So what exactly needs to be done to update this for new versions of df/dfhack?
Asking mifki nicely usually gets it done pretty quickly, but he's pretty good about keeping it updated.

also, any chance we can get the release zip folder structure matching what it should be so we can just drop it into the DF folder?
I keep having to guess where to put the files.
I like the simple layout so I'm not having to open a bunch of nested folders to drag out the file.

• The TWBT plugin file goes in the /Dwarf Fortress/hack/plugins/ folder.
 • The two 1-pixel PNG files go in the /Dwarf Fortress/data/art/ folder.
 • I think that's all that's needed – maybe put the shadows PNG into the art folder too just to be sure.
 • The real colors script is optional, but it goes in the /Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/ folder. This lets you run the realcolors command to demo a TWBT feature that enables a larger color palette.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: April 02, 2018, 02:57:00 pm »

Still, the fact remains that some sort of documentation about where to put things would be helpful.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Rahk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: April 02, 2018, 04:02:51 pm »

Found this on reddit for those who don't want to wait for an official release of twbt.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/890jbk/unoffical_twbt_updated_for_dfhack04409alpha1/

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: April 02, 2018, 04:18:29 pm »

cheers

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2457 on: April 02, 2018, 08:06:15 pm »

I'll publish an update later today. Although good I didn't bother making a version for 44.08 :)

Or likely tomorrow :(

Lamandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Diagnostican
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: April 05, 2018, 07:51:53 am »

note: another DF-Hack Version just released. R1.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 184