Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763530 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2535 on: July 29, 2018, 04:44:27 am »

Hey, mifki (or anyone else who might know): Is there a list of adv-mode issues with twbt somewhere?

There are quite a few tiles for it that I dont know how to approach, like sneaking indicator, footsteps, smells, etc and others have no overrides, because they dont show up in the list of tiletypes.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm trying to make a adv-mode twbt tileset. Or at least look into the possibilities.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: August 14, 2018, 08:38:34 am »

Is here are tileset limits? Why specified stone armor stand overrides don't work?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aMHaB0n_LkKQ1N8Bf1KweuWS3To_FnNi/view?usp=sharing

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2537 on: August 14, 2018, 09:00:32 am »

There is no limit on overrides, but all textures combined should stay below 4096x4096 pixels.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: August 14, 2018, 09:03:32 am »

There is no limit on overrides, but all textures combined should stay below 4096x4096 pixels.
Hmm... Why It's not working?

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: August 14, 2018, 09:53:54 am »

Oh... I found the case. Why do universal overrides have a higher priority than materials-specific ones?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2540 on: August 14, 2018, 12:44:31 pm »

They dont, its the order you put them in the override.txt that matters.

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: August 19, 2018, 08:30:59 am »

I'm sure it was already offered, but none the less.

What if add support of different sizes of creatures sprites?

At now every creature takes 1x1 tile. But for large creatures it is suggested that , for example, they use space 2х2, although in fact creature will be stand on 1x1 tile, other 3 tiles is fake and transparent.
Sprite of such a creature must always be in the foreground. If two of these are close, then the front should be one who stands to the left and above.

Below I will give illustrated examples of sizes. On left pic. you will see what it looks now, on center - that's how it is proposed, on right pic - tile (red) that really takes creature.

1) Size 1x2

2) Size 2x2

3) Size 3x2

4) Size 3x3

Upd.  I understand that this is not so simple. Bujt t if it is implemented, it will be a real breakthrough
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 05:51:51 pm by Vordak »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: August 19, 2018, 11:02:43 am »

TWBT does not support multi-tile sprites, and adding support won't be easy either.

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: August 19, 2018, 03:41:54 pm »

......Remote Duplicate Post......
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 05:53:05 pm by Vordak »

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: August 19, 2018, 04:02:41 pm »

......Remote Triplied Post......
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 05:53:24 pm by Vordak »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2545 on: August 19, 2018, 07:07:31 pm »

I'm sure it was already offered, but none the less.

What if add support of different sizes of creatures sprites?

No this hasn't been proposed before (or I don't remember), but I was thinking about it - not only for creatures - and I'd like to do it.

The main problem is that before starting to work on it I'd want to be sure it 1. will get artists' support (I guess no problem with this), 2. will look good/won't hurt gameplay/will be accepted by players. It looks ok on bare ground in your examples, but can you make an example image with a real map/other objects around?

Also, remember/seen this? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=138754.msg7390751#msg7390751

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2546 on: August 20, 2018, 06:49:14 am »

I do remember that screenshot, and asked about larger creatures long ago. ^^

I will certainly make sprites for this feature, and can send you some more mock-ups later.

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: August 22, 2018, 03:48:01 pm »

No this hasn't been proposed before (or I don't remember), but I was thinking about it - not only for creatures - and I'd like to do it.

The main problem is that before starting to work on it I'd want to be sure it 1. will get artists' support (I guess no problem with this), 2. will look good/won't hurt gameplay/will be accepted by players. It looks ok on bare ground in your examples, but can you make an example image with a real map/other objects around?

Sorry for the delayed response.
pic. 1 - elephant 3x2, yak 2x2, troll 2x2, hydra 3x3.

pic. 2 - cyclops 3x3, ettin 3x3, hippo 3x2, demon 3x3, demon 2x2.

pic. 3 - yak 2x2,  hippo 3x2, deer 2x2, demon 3x3.

pic. 4 - elephant 3x2, yak 2x2, hippo 3x2.

In general, the most illustrative example in a narrow corridor - creatures 2x2, 3x2 and not shown 1x2, in my opinion, fit perfectly. The main thing when drawing not occupy all tiles offered.
3x3 certainly does not look very well, especially the demon 3x3, which is stretched to the maximum possible area - 300% sized sprite. But hydra is 200% sized sprite, placed in center 3x3 area looks tolerant.

In pic. 4  can see that 2x2 not look very much(but not for me) in a vertical narrow corridor, but this is solved by drawing the sprite as far as possible to the left or transition to 3x2, where can draw sprite symmetrically.

Also, remember/seen this? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=138754.msg7390751#msg7390751
Saw many times, but only after you pointed out, I noticed that there is a multi-tile furniture)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 05:54:56 pm by Vordak »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2548 on: August 22, 2018, 04:24:27 pm »

I think they shouldn't extend downwards, like the 3x3 demon. Rather have the actual creature tile be the center-tile at its feet.

That way he still fits corridors, while looming over the Wall above him.

Same for hydra, cyclops and ettin.

This feature would also fit perfectly for items/bodyparts that are a bit larger...  Like pikes or spears, Horns and tails.

And for giant-versions of animals. And it would give Players more info in one view = the creatures size. :-)

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: August 22, 2018, 04:47:25 pm »

I think they shouldn't extend downwards, like the 3x3 demon. Rather have the actual creature tile be the center-tile at its feet.

That way he still fits corridors, while looming over the Wall above him.

Same for hydra, cyclops and ettin.

This feature would also fit perfectly for items/bodyparts that are a bit larger...  Like pikes or spears, Horns and tails.

And for giant-versions of animals. And it would give Players more info in one view = the creatures size. :-)

This is generally conceived, for the fact that there was a plausible ratio of the sizes of dwarves and common creatures that often occur.
I.e it is assumed that the common lion will occupy 2x2 or 3x2, without taking up the entire area - the giant lion will occupy 3x2, but occupying more space\pixels.

3x3 is needed size - only when drawing on trying to minimize the use of 3 lower tiles.

Upd. left pic. - common lion, right pic. - giant lion

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 05:56:33 pm by Vordak »
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 184