Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 762047 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2625 on: July 15, 2019, 02:40:33 pm »

Grates maybe should be as transparent as floor/wall bars (then again, maybe not to give choice between the two). I personally also enabled it for water wheels, windmills, paved roads and gem and glass windows.

Bridges, depots, wagons, civzones, constructions, farm plots, floodgates, nests, dirt roads, shops, stockpiles, shops and generic windows I left out.

Thing is, any tile using transparency, on top of another tile using an override, will lead to override for the latter not being used (with the exception of natural underlying construction-type tiles, thanks to the fix to items on stairs).

So, even if your tileset doesn't use building transparency for a given building, it will still change game display behaviour if it is enabled for a given building.

So, if you built a bridge over a chasm and arrow lands on top - the arrow will have black background instead of wall/floor tile background.

Or maybe it landed on the windmill you built on grass floor. In this case, it shows the grass floor underneath instead of wall tile.

Or maybe new plants came in on your farm plot. Which would you rather see when it blinks into view, the farm plot tile on your map sheet, or the floor tile underneath?

Or maybe nestboxes, or dirt roads, or etc. are too rare/take whole tile so you don't want to waste additional cycles on them.

Furthermore, glass/ice walls and floors, normally, being transparent is somewhat nonsensical: the transparency displays the tile underneath, but there is nothing underneath a floor or wall.

Also, I noticed for some reason when both transparency and multilevel were on, the empty air floating buildings had their background use chasm/zeroth tile instead of the tile below, such as can be seen on this POI on dfma. Doesn't happen with multilevel off, though, so...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 02:52:31 pm by Fleeting Frames »

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: September 17, 2019, 11:14:26 am »

Hello

Me and several others have had a problem whilst using my tileset with the latest TWBT for dfhack 44.12-r2 (twbt 6.61)

Scrolling left and right does not preserve transparency, scrolling while up and down does.

I did not have this problem with the later (latest?) version for Dfhack 44.12-r1 (twbt 6.55?)

I use redraw, workshop and unit transparency 1 for all versions

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2627 on: September 17, 2019, 11:56:32 am »

I noticed that too since using 6.61, but "twbt redraw_all 1" does fix it in my case.

Edit: redraw_all still causes crashes. ^^
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 01:52:16 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

tatooine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: January 21, 2020, 02:23:13 pm »

Now that we have a great new dfhack update, looks like twbt is unhappy again. Any chance of a twbt update? or being so close to the next DF version, are we just going to wait it out? or is there a hack to get it to play nicely with r3?

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: January 26, 2020, 06:46:45 am »

well, hacking it is not the issue
if it works, a different story
if you want to test it, open the twbt.plug.dll in the plugins folder of dfhack in any text editor (I used Notepad++)
- search for the two occurances of 0.44.12-r2 and alter them to 0.44.12-r3
note: the second occurance has a hash behind it that seems to be related to the dfhack commit version
- fresh install should say 0.44.12-r2-0-g315852a2
- alter this to 0.44.12-r3-0-g82f082d7 (for windows x64, if you use a different version, start up the game with the old TWBT plugin and new DFHACK, type die once the game started and you saw the error in the logfile and then check the file stderr.log in the dwarf fortress folder. the first line should look like this: DFHack build: 0.44.12-r3-0-g82f082d7. This is what you need to paste in the TWBT plugin)
then DF starts without complaining and TWBT is enabled
my fort runs since a while now with the new dfhack

Proof:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
@mifki: I hope you have time for a proper release soon and I also hope you don't mind this intermediate approach
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 07:01:15 am by Novaris »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: January 26, 2020, 12:06:00 pm »

note: the second occurance has a hash behind it that seems to be related to the dfhack commit version
- fresh install should say 0.44.12-r2-0-g315852a2
- alter this to 0.44.12-r3-0-g82f082d7 (for windows x64, if you use a different version, start up the game with the old TWBT plugin and new DFHACK, type die once the game started and you saw the error in the logfile and then check the file stderr.log in the dwarf fortress folder. the first line should look like this: DFHack build: 0.44.12-r3-0-g82f082d7. This is what you need to paste in the TWBT plugin)
Yeah, it's the commit hash. It's the same for all builds of DFHack 0.44.12-r3, so you don't need to check stderr.log on other platforms. You don't really need to change this, though - only the first one is necessary for DFHack to load the plugin (the second will trigger a warning only).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: January 26, 2020, 02:51:51 pm »

Thanks for clearing this up. I had seen that the inner part of the number is the commit hash but the first letter I did not find on the dfhack github commit history so I wasn't sure if this is just always 'g', some kind of a CRC or the platform specific stuff or I just did not look closely enough.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: January 26, 2020, 03:29:25 pm »

Yeah, it's not part of the commit hash - it stands for "git": https://git-scm.com/docs/git-describe#_examples

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

leemcd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: January 26, 2020, 04:56:32 pm »

Does anyone have any suggestions on a way to hack this to work on mac?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: January 26, 2020, 11:06:38 pm »

Does anyone have any suggestions on a way to hack this to work on mac?
It already supports macOS (and I've used it there): https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/releases
If you mean how to make it work with DFHack 0.44.12-r3 on macOS, Novaris's instructions would work there too, although you may have to use a different editor (I'd recommend a hex editor, personally, to avoid any issues that text editors may cause).

leemcd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: January 27, 2020, 01:01:11 am »

Cheers. Yeah R3. I'll try a hex editor. Text editors just give gobbelydook

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: January 31, 2020, 05:17:45 am »

Any idea if TWBT will be able to use overrides for the new Altar and Dice item_tools?

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: January 31, 2020, 06:20:45 am »

Any idea if TWBT will be able to use overrides for the new Altar and Dice item_tools?
Altars are implemented essentially the same way as bookshelves no? In that case they should.
Don't know how dice are used, but custom tools can already be overridden.

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: January 31, 2020, 06:24:43 am »

As I understand, you can add graphic to any new your own item.
In short, altar and dice are already working.

P.S. I was write too long, in substance it is duplicate of vettlingr's answer.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 06:42:21 am by Vordak »

NikoKun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: January 31, 2020, 10:37:11 pm »

Now that we have a great new dfhack update, looks like twbt is unhappy again. Any chance of a twbt update? or being so close to the next DF version, are we just going to wait it out? or is there a hack to get it to play nicely with r3?
I hope so.. It'd be sad if r3 was sorta a lost version, without twbt..

Edit: I think I found one that works..
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 01:20:03 am by NikoKun »
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 184