Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182]

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 581322 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2715 on: April 04, 2021, 04:06:55 am »

The reason bone overrides don't work is that TWBT makes mat_info from item mat_type and index for item-material matching. The difference is also important for eggs, fish and raw fish, iirc. And remains, as pointed out.

You can see what materials it outputs for things with this line:
Code: [Select]
:lua ~dfhack.matinfo.decode(dfhack.gui.getSelectedItem():getMaterial(), dfhack.gui.getSelectedItem():getMaterialIndex())
Looks like linked Meph's overrides.txt only overrides fresh and rotten meat?

As for skulls, I was thinking of (sentient) dwarf/goblin skulls, not chicken skulls. The link should have taken to Line 47; the disabling bit is bad_item_flags.bits.dead_dwarf = true;
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 04:08:45 am by Fleeting Frames »

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2716 on: April 04, 2021, 06:29:06 am »

That's for that command - it should help a lot.

Interestingly, when checking corpseparts, it doesn't return anything, but also doesn't give an error. It just gives the new line back.  That would explain why the individual overrides aren't working and possibly why the BONE material flag isn't, but I'm not sure what to make of it being completely blank

EDIT:
Thought: Is there anything you can put in a material template raw to change the tile of that when used as a corpse part? I'm editing raws anyway, so that is on the table.

Also, is there anything I can put in the override file to suppress errors related to bad materials?  My override file currently contains overrides for forgotten beasts and night creatures, when, depending on your world, might not have the associated organs, causing an error, so I'd like to be able to suppress those error when releasing it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 06:27:00 pm by Rydel »
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182]