Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184]

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763317 times)

noomen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2745 on: September 23, 2021, 09:13:17 am »

Sorry, I'm an idiot. I just realized I can just uninstall DFHack and just use the truetype feature that comes with vanilla or just F12 in game!! That easy! It's not perfect, but I don't have to deal with huge clipped text now in my game.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: September 23, 2021, 11:26:04 am »

I'd suggest changing the PRINT_MODE setting (either in data/init/init.txt or a launcher if you're using one) as a faster alternative to uninstalling DFHack, but glad to hear that bypassing TWBT works for you either way.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: January 23, 2022, 03:43:43 pm »

How to make bone, skin, clavs and other overrides? For some reason, using ANY just can't work.

thurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: January 28, 2022, 06:54:01 pm »

How to make bone, skin, clavs and other overrides? For some reason, using ANY just can't work.

ANY isn't a valid ID and TWBT will ignore it, otherwise crashes occur like what used to happen in Meph's tileset.

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: January 29, 2022, 06:26:22 am »

ANY isn't a valid ID and TWBT will ignore it, otherwise crashes occur like what used to happen in Meph's tileset.
Is there any way to get ID and type and material of any item in-game?

thurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: January 29, 2022, 01:53:23 pm »

there might be other ways, but check the dfhack 'probe' command.

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: January 29, 2022, 02:50:32 pm »

there might be other ways, but check the dfhack 'probe' command.
Did it.

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: April 08, 2022, 10:02:05 am »

Hi thurin, I notice you have some open PRs on your twbt fork (https://github.com/thurin/df-twbt/pulls) -- would you be willing to merge them?

thurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: April 09, 2022, 08:44:51 pm »

Hi thurin, I notice you have some open PRs on your twbt fork (https://github.com/thurin/df-twbt/pulls) -- would you be willing to merge them?

Thanks for the heads up.  Taking a look.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: April 27, 2022, 02:52:47 pm »

A quick sanity check, since I havent been on forums for a looong time.

It's still impossible to have different graphics for different castes, while assigning different ASCII symbols is totally fine, correct?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Clatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: July 02, 2023, 11:52:42 pm »

I remember reading about why this happened about five or so years ago. I can't remember why, though, and I can't find the post.

What causes this when TWBT is activated?

Clatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: July 03, 2023, 07:50:15 am »

What causes this when TWBT is activated?

Nevermind... I just referenced what was going on in Jecobus_10x16.png.

tnuhnivad

• Bay Watcher
  • <dorf> has been possessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: October 08, 2023, 08:25:23 pm »

The black screen bug on the main map with TWBT when exiting some menus such as Status (z) or Stockpile settings (s) seems to have been around for years, especially when calculation FPS dips down to or below graphics FPS.

This is the autohotkey script I use to deal with it. It basically sends "F12" a short time after you press ESC (1/10 of a sec), which forces a redraw of the main window just after the game exits the menu.

;---begin code---

#UseHook
#MaxHotkeysPerInterval 200

~Esc::
sleep, 100
Send {F12}
return

;---end code---

Has anyone found an updated way to handle this? This solution works but I'd rather not have to use a 3rd party program. I love my multi lvl ASCII 47.05 but this black screen issue is driving me nuts. Doesn't happn with TWBT_Legacy but, that cause some other issues for me.

blitz4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: December 11, 2023, 06:02:21 am »

From what I remember, GFPS actually can't drop below FPS, due to how they are synchronized (although the number displayed in the FPS counter is calculated differently and smoothed, so you might sometimes see cases where GFPS is 1 above FPS, for instance).

Anyway, it's good to know that low FPS could be a cause of this. I think a more robust fix would be to detect viewscreen changes with an onStateChange event handler (watching for SC_VIEWSCREEN_CHANGED), because it wouldn't require changing keybindings or using external utilities. Something like this might work, if I'm understanding the issue correctly (it assumes the issue occurs when switching back to the fortress mode screen):

Code: [Select]
dfhack.onStateChange.twbt_rerender = function(event)
    if event == SC_VIEWSCREEN_CHANGED and df.viewscreen_dwarfmodest:is_instance(dfhack.gui.getCurViewscreen()) then
        dfhack.timeout(5, 'frames', function()
            dfhack.screen.zoom(df.zoom_commands.zoom_resetgrid)
        end)
    end
end

@lethosor: It is not. I'd have to decide about git one way or another (mainly dithering which name I'd want people to see it under), but that's (basically) why. There's neat xkcd comic about this :)
I would honestly suggest making a fork of TWBT, then (if you haven't yet) making a new branch off of the right commit and applying your changes there. GitHub has decent support for working with changes from multiple forks, which would make it easier for it to be merged upstream eventually, if desired.

I don't know the status of TWBT
I do know this script works perfectly. Thank you lethosor

blitz4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: December 11, 2023, 06:15:04 am »

The black screen bug on the main map with TWBT when exiting some menus such as Status (z) or Stockpile settings (s) seems to have been around for years, especially when calculation FPS dips down to or below graphics FPS.

This is the autohotkey script I use to deal with it. It basically sends "F12" a short time after you press ESC (1/10 of a sec), which forces a redraw of the main window just after the game exits the menu.

;---begin code---

#UseHook
#MaxHotkeysPerInterval 200

~Esc::
sleep, 100
Send {F12}
return

;---end code---

Has anyone found an updated way to handle this? This solution works but I'd rather not have to use a 3rd party program. I love my multi lvl ASCII 47.05 but this black screen issue is driving me nuts. Doesn't happn with TWBT_Legacy but, that cause some other issues for me.

Copy the script lethosor wrote above into a lua file, I called it install-twbt-refresh.lua
Save to hack\scripts\install-twbt-refresh.lua
Open dfhack-config\init\onMapLoad.init
Add one line at the bottom
Code: [Select]
install-twbt-refresh
exit & save
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184]