Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 769672 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #570 on: July 21, 2014, 01:38:48 pm »

It could fit on its own page - we have an entire namespace for utilities.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #571 on: July 21, 2014, 01:39:57 pm »

A question for mifki: Wouldnt that isometric view require a new tileset and new sprites for pretty much everything?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rip0k

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 21, 2014, 01:58:31 pm »

WOW     O_O    AMAZING! People that made it possible. Thank you! You're Awesome!
When this plugin matures, There will be no more excuses for ppl to avoid DF!
Toady should get a huge wave of new players - a tsunami of donations!
Rip0k cancels chillin, struck down by water pipe shot!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 21, 2014, 02:10:29 pm »

A question for mifki: Wouldnt that isometric view require a new tileset and new sprites for pretty much everything?
Good thing we already have that.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #574 on: July 21, 2014, 02:11:20 pm »

WOW     O_O    AMAZING! People that made it possible. Thank you! You're Awesome!
When this plugin matures, There will be no more excuses for ppl to avoid DF!
Toady should get a huge wave of new players - a tsunami of donations!
*cough Stonesense can be played with dfhack r5 as well. So the isometric ingame view is not that new. ;)

I am not saying that mifki isnt doing great work here, I am just stuck on this:
But....stonesense....

Edit: sniped by the very same. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #575 on: July 21, 2014, 05:33:53 pm »

So, about Stonesense and this.

I like Stonesense sprites. Having no limitations on tilesets, people made a lot of beautiful tile images. While DF tilesets are not that good (my personal opinion, no offence, tileset artists). I personally not interested much in isometric view and would be completely happy with 2d and better graphics. I hope we will get better tilesets as TWBT lifts some limitations, but in the meanwhile I thought why not just to try existing Stonesense sprites.

Stonesense is about beautiful view, but it's not very usable as the main interface to play DF for several reasons. So even if I decide to include isometric view in my plugin, it will be about simplicity and speed - definitely with less features and beauty than Stonesense, but completely playable and instantly switchable between 2d/iso. So it's not a direct competitor to Stonesense.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #576 on: July 21, 2014, 06:20:58 pm »

So, about Stonesense and this.

I like Stonesense sprites. Having no limitations on tilesets, people made a lot of beautiful tile images. While DF tilesets are not that good (my personal opinion, no offence, tileset artists). I personally not interested much in isometric view and would be completely happy with 2d and better graphics. I hope we will get better tilesets as TWBT lifts some limitations, but in the meanwhile I thought why not just to try existing Stonesense sprites.

Stonesense is about beautiful view, but it's not very usable as the main interface to play DF for several reasons. So even if I decide to include isometric view in my plugin, it will be about simplicity and speed - definitely with less features and beauty that Stonesense, but completely playable and instantly switchable between 2d/iso. So it's not a direct competitor to Stonesense.

Yes, I like this :)

Besides, there's a lot of benefit to be had from sharing sprites here: TwbT iso will be able to use stonesense sprites, and people using twbt might be more motivated to make iso sprites... which then can be used in Stonesense :p (Because we still need a LOT of creature sprites!)

I myself have never had much interest in making a native tileset for Dwarf Fortress, not just because it is very limited, but also because I kept having the feeling I would not be able to do any better than all the others making tilesets, and I don't like reinventing the wheel, rather prefering to improve upon it. So hence my focus on stonesense graphics :)

Dwarf Fortress is a very big game to a pixel artist, you will see, that once TwbT gets to a certain stage, it will too much for a single artist as well. So I say we try to find a way to bundle our efforts while keeping in mind the different aesthetical needs of everyone.

Other than that, because it's my first post in the thread: Impressive job! :p
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #577 on: July 24, 2014, 04:16:15 pm »

I've no idea how I messed this thing up. I doubt it's a bug, but well I dunno entirely. I'm posting this in both TwbT and MDF threads, since I don't know entirely what's responsible, therefore who can help. Most of the info below is MDF specific, since I messed around with options with its GUI, but I hope TwbT will be able to gleam enough info to determine what's at fault. If it's the MDF, then TwbT can just ignore this.

I'm on my second fort since coming back to DF for the third time. Sometime between the end of the last fort and the start of this one, multi-Z-Level rendering was disabled, and lighting was enabled. Also, I'm positive my last fort had full text and multi-Z-Level rendering, but no lighting. I had messed with graphical settings in the MDF GUI when I generated the world the new fort is in (Both printmode and the four tics underneath), but I didn't know entirely what I was doing at the time, and have since then tried to restore settings to Default on the MDF GUI via profiles (Only just a few minutes ago realized it didn't actually do it when I combed through MDF changelog and discovered Rendermax is the new default).

Aside from 'prospect all,' 'tweak fixmigrant,' and just now 'rendermax light,' I haven't issued any commands to dfhack since I downloaded it last. I'm the only person who uses this computer, so I know that's all that's been messed with.

To sum it all up...

-Last fort had full text and Multi-Z-Level rendering, no lighting
-New fort has lighting, no Multi-Z-Level rendering, no full text

-Messed with MDF GUI graphics settings when generating new forts world
-Since then have tried to restore defaults via MDF GUI profiles

-Didn't actually restore defaults, tried my best to do so myself but I don't know what defaults are.
-Read on MDF changelog that entering 'rendermax light' into dfhack enables "Item Graphics + Multi-z-Levels + Dynamic Lighting"

-Entered 'rendermax light' into dfhack, no change
-Hung my head in shame, posted this

Again, posting this on both MDF and TwbT threads since I have no idea what's at fault.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 24, 2014, 04:20:53 pm »

Disable rendermax, enable TWBT multi, I think that should work.

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #579 on: July 24, 2014, 04:32:09 pm »

Disable rendermax, enable TWBT multi, I think that should work.

EDIT: Fixed now! I assumed 'disable rendermax' also meant 'switch to 2D,' but that didn't make sense.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 05:41:33 pm by Linkeron »

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: INCREASE_FPS: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 25, 2014, 06:11:39 am »

I'm using the PeridexisErrant r66 pack, so I don't know if this has been fixed already, but stone blocks left on top of bridges are making those tiles display what's below them instead of the block and a destroyed bridge  has the same effect on the edge of adjacent bridges until I change levels and back. Also, there's an odd flickering on the left edge of the window.
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #582 on: July 25, 2014, 07:06:27 am »

Everybody else, I'm working on supporting more colours and making colour tokens in STATE_COLOR and POWDER_DYE be displayed with exact rgb values. I'm not sure I fully understand how STATE_COLOR works (should work) in relation to DISPLAY_COLOR/BUILD_COLOR. And also I don't have any savegame with dyed items at hand, can I create them from the console for testing?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 25, 2014, 07:50:52 am »

I can supply a savegame with dyed items, if you want.

It's huge, though.

I was using it to test dyed items in stonesense
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 184