Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 769647 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #615 on: August 01, 2014, 11:21:31 am »

Thank you mifki, I will have a try. :)

yawa: Have a look here as well: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139579.0 Its still for 34.11, but has all items. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 01, 2014, 05:54:34 pm »

Spoiler: never mind (click to show/hide)

Edit: I had problems, a restart fixed them somehow.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 06:05:28 pm by Vattic »
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #617 on: August 02, 2014, 11:02:17 am »

Is it possible for you to make overrides for walls based on materials?

I was thinking about making a set for stone, wood, metal and glass walls, with the stone looking like the walls do currently, wooden ones look like pallisades, metal ones are solid sheets and glass one are thin, more like windows.

I know that doors look differently when you make them from these materials, so maybe there is some way to use the same mechanism for Twbt. (?)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 02, 2014, 02:39:16 pm »

I have a suggestion/request/inquiry. I'm not sure if it is even possible, but there is the syndrome effect CE_DISPLAY_TILE, it would be very awesome if we could find a way to override the creature with that tile to a different creature sprite. So if you have a syndrome that "freezes" the target it could change into a block of ice or something. Similarly, different caste sprites would be amazing as well if it were possible.

Lastly, it has been awhile since I last looked at TWBT since I have been working on porting DFHack scripts, but has background color for items been talked about at all? Is it something that is possible?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #619 on: August 02, 2014, 02:43:32 pm »

Background color has not been worked at.

Creature overrides cannot be done atm. Only items and buildings. I would assume that is might be possible if people play without creature sprites, instead using tiles.

I would like to second the idea that caste-specific creature graphics would be amazing.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #621 on: August 03, 2014, 04:08:01 am »

I think that Twbt doesnt recognize transparency correctly on the tiles. Every transparent bit on a png is usually filled with the background color, the more transparent, the more vivid the color. TwbT tiles are always solid foreground, no background. This means that multi-colored items cant be done... and that the floor around the item will always take on the color of the item (or has to be made solid black, which doesnt fit so well ingame)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #622 on: August 03, 2014, 08:08:35 am »

I understand what you're talking about, but I did some tests and can't see the problem. I even tried on Windows.. Can you provide savegame and other required files to reproduce the problem?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #623 on: August 05, 2014, 04:54:43 pm »

Hey guys, I'm still waiting for some help with colour tokens and for an example of incorrectly rendered tile background, if you want them to be improved/fixed.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 05, 2014, 08:28:02 pm »

I don't have an example save, but Meph first mentioned it here, so I'm guessing he has some sort of working example.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #625 on: August 06, 2014, 03:51:58 am »

Oh, I forgot I already did that... I wanted to do the same thing again today. I used the workshop draw utility I test all my tiles with it. So what more do you need, a save with items showing these properties?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #626 on: August 06, 2014, 05:11:28 am »

What I see so far is that it's a limitation of DF itself, it's just not supported for all objects. See - on the left are barrels that I set to use the same tile as buckets on the right.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 06, 2014, 04:43:48 pm »

Interesting. So some objects just ignore the transparency of a tile? I wonder what determines if an object will read the transparency. It's too bad too, because the items on the right look a lot better than the items on the left
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #628 on: August 06, 2014, 05:11:04 pm »

Well, objects don't know anything about tiles, so I think background is just set to black for some objects regardless actual material colour.
In wiki it says "The color of objects made of this material which use both the foreground and background color: doors, floodgates, hatch covers, bins, barrels, and cages.", but I don't know whether this list is complete or just an example of such objects.

Anyway it's quite disappointing and I don't see any reason for it. There's a very small chance that this can be fixed with binpatching, I'll take a look later.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #629 on: August 06, 2014, 05:28:55 pm »

Thanks for looking into it. Its not that big a deal, it only stops multi-colored items or showing contaminants on items. I still havent found the time to test your new version for building tiles, but it looked like you got that fixed handidly. Nor found the time to make all tool graphics.

Next stop for Twbt: Caste-specific creature sprites (?) ;D
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 184