Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 768800 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #690 on: August 28, 2014, 10:46:21 pm »

An advise for the future for LeoCean: If you post screenshots that have a large fort, but only 2-3 tiles of it are important to what you are saying (the cages), please either crop the picture to only show those, or make them more visible, as easy as drawing a nice, big red circle around them in paint. In the pictures you posted, people have to look quite a while till they find what you are talking about. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #691 on: August 29, 2014, 03:59:49 am »

Then recently I was trying to do one interesting thing that I'll show soon

Here it is, spot the difference) some colours are off, I know.

--

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: August 29, 2014, 04:11:22 am »

MUCH better! Cool.
I see the background of the animal sprites changed too, but not yet to the underlying texture/color. Is that not finished yet, or...?
(One thing I don't understand is why (in vanilla) does the profession sprites have transparent background, while the animal sprites doesn't. Doesn't the game use the same logic to draw them?)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #693 on: August 29, 2014, 04:15:18 am »

The three people in the center turned into 'x's ? :P

Just kidding, looks like transparent tiles that still display the tile underneath. :) Which makes barrels see-through, because for reasons unknown Toady made them use the background color as foreground, its actually an inverted tile, but I guess that can be fixed by using a custom override tiles with Twbt for barrels. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #694 on: August 29, 2014, 05:15:55 am »

Yep, this was my first idea after the text font. Finally we can have better graphics with object that blend into the environment. Objects on tracks look so nice (as an example: ). Creatures are just not done yet.

However there are some issues with colours and in general it requires more binary hacking (with quite much of it in twbt already), so I'm not yet sure that the result worth all the effort.

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 29, 2014, 06:59:42 am »

Omg, that's so awesome. A million internets for you.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #696 on: August 29, 2014, 10:34:26 am »

DFHack for 40_10r1 is released!  I tried downloading it manually and applying it to a LNP of 40_10r1, ported over my primary folder's settings/saves, and then followed the process to get TWBT working, but DFHack spits out this error:

http://imgur.com/wE1yfuA

If I knew how to modify .dll files I would just try to update whatever line it says it is for and see if it still works, but I imagine it might be more complicated than that (And I don't know how to modify .dll )

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 29, 2014, 10:45:28 am »

DFHack for 40_10r1 is released!  I tried downloading it manually and applying it to a LNP of 40_10r1, ported over my primary folder's settings/saves, and then followed the process to get TWBT working, but DFHack spits out this error:

If I knew how to modify .dll files I would just try to update whatever line it says it is for and see if it still works, but I imagine it might be more complicated than that (And I don't know how to modify .dll )

I'm pretty sure that as a binary plugin, TWBT needs to be re-compiled for this version of DFHack.  A script will work that way, but not a binary plugin.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #698 on: August 29, 2014, 10:47:26 am »

I'm pretty sure that as a binary plugin, TWBT needs to be re-compiled for this version of DFHack.  A script will work that way, but not a binary plugin.

Well here's to hoping it can be recompiled soon >.<  I cannot play without TWBT anymore.  I really want to start using 40_10 due to the few improvements it makes over 40_08, but again, without TWBT... its just not going to happen >.<

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 29, 2014, 04:12:15 pm »

Can plants be overridden with twbt? So instead of 1-2-3 different tiles used for plants you could use 20-30 or so.

I don't know why I couldn't notice those changes you made without looking at peoples posts. Looks very nice though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #700 on: August 29, 2014, 04:19:02 pm »

Is it possible for you to make the transparency an optional feature, by using commands to enable/disable it? Similar to how Multilevel 0 disables the z level view. I just ask because the tilesets would need to be optimised to be used with it. The items all need transparent background around them now, but many of the current tilesets (Ironhand, Phoebus, Obsidian, MDF) already have some generic background or floor underneath each item.

That way people that use tilesets that work well with it can use the new transparency, but people using tilesets that are not optimised for it can still use the other features of TwbT without the transparency looking odd.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #701 on: August 29, 2014, 08:52:51 pm »

I'll update TWBT with support for 0.40.10 later today.

Is it possible for you to make the transparency an optional feature, by using commands to enable/disable it?

Wow, not so fast! It's not yet finished, there are problems with colours, I don't know yet how to implement required binpatches on Windows, and you're already asking to make it optional :)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 29, 2014, 11:56:21 pm »

I often look at this thread and shake my head thinking you didn't know how much excitement you were going to generate.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

JoshuaRaven

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 30, 2014, 08:39:49 am »

Looking forward to a 0.40.10-r1 release :-)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #704 on: August 30, 2014, 09:12:34 am »

Is it possible for you to make the transparency an optional feature, by using commands to enable/disable it?

Wow, not so fast! It's not yet finished, there are problems with colours, I don't know yet how to implement required binpatches on Windows, and you're already asking to make it optional :)
Oh, I thought that was finished. ^^ Ignore me then. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 184