Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 770254 times)

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #706 on: August 30, 2014, 10:58:46 am »

Thanks, man!

Clownmite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 30, 2014, 12:22:29 pm »

Will anyone have a version of this + tilesets set up and ready to play?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #708 on: August 30, 2014, 12:38:24 pm »

I made a vanilla version with multizlevel, font tileset and tilesets for all items for 34.11, and MasterworkDF has it, also 34.11. But I think you wont have to wait long till PeridexisErrant has this for 40.x in his Starter Pack. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 30, 2014, 01:41:57 pm »

These are the currently working sets. Click on the name of the tileset and download zip on the next page.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #710 on: August 30, 2014, 06:39:24 pm »

I made a vanilla version with multizlevel, font tileset and tilesets for all items for 34.11, and MasterworkDF has it, also 34.11. But I think you wont have to wait long till PeridexisErrant has this for 40.x in his Starter Pack. :)

Hey Meph, I've seen you post multiple times in this thread about having 24x24 or more graphics, yet everywhere I look online I only find 16x16 texture packs.  Mind sharing where these higher res packs are located?

Also, not sure if I have just set something up improperly or not, but when I use Text will be Text, I cannot zoom in on the game interface.  Zooming in or out increases/decreases the font sizes on screens, but has no impact on the tilesets used for graphics.  Is this normal?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #711 on: August 30, 2014, 07:16:55 pm »

The ones I made are 24x24. They downscale automatically to 16x if your normal tileset is 16x. I picked 24x because they still look good when downscaled (16x) or upscaled (32x). If you want to see them in 24x, just make a 24x version of the tileset you use (phoebus, ironhand, whatever), thats it. I think there are even some 24x ascii sets on the wiki.

To be clear: The new item override tiles for armors, weapons and so on is the stuff I made. Nothing else. And some tests with buildings, but nothing released.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 30, 2014, 07:45:10 pm »

The ones I made are 24x24. They downscale automatically to 16x if your normal tileset is 16x. I picked 24x because they still look good when downscaled (16x) or upscaled (32x). If you want to see them in 24x, just make a 24x version of the tileset you use (phoebus, ironhand, whatever), thats it. I think there are even some 24x ascii sets on the wiki.

To be clear: The new item override tiles for armors, weapons and so on is the stuff I made. Nothing else. And some tests with buildings, but nothing released.

When you say 'just make a set that's 24x', is it as simple as opening the file and rescaling?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #713 on: August 30, 2014, 07:48:16 pm »

Yeah, kinda. If you know how to use photoshop/gimp and keep the transparency and use a rescaling algorithm that doesnt blur it. If you just want to have a try, here is an older MDF tileset that I made with 24x for testing. You also need 1920x resolution on your screen if I am not mistaken, otherwise it gives you nothing. ^^

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There also was a utility floating around for rescaling stuff... and I think thistleknot posted a link to another one somewhere (?) but I really cant remember where. Edit: Here it is: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=138935.0
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 07:50:22 pm by Meph »

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 30, 2014, 07:50:39 pm »

Yeah, kinda. If you know how to use photoshop/gimp and keep the transparency and use a rescaling algorithm that doesnt blur it. If you just want to have a try, here is an older MDF tileset that I made with 24x for testing. You also need 1920x resolution on your screen if I am not mistaken, otherwise it gives you nothing. ^^

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There also was a utility floating around for rescaling stuff... and I think thistleknot posted a link to another one somewhere (?) but I really cant remember where.

I'll give it a go, I'm sure I can figure out where to go next if I need to learn more about photoshop. 

Do you happen to have an answer on the rescaling graphics with zoom in/out with TWBT?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #715 on: August 30, 2014, 07:52:29 pm »

Dont know if you saw it, but I edited a link into the post above.

No idea about zoom. I think mifki did include/wants to include some way to show less than 80 tiles, so you can have small tiles for text and larger tiles for graphics, I saw it on a screenshot he posted, but havent seen it ingame myself.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 30, 2014, 08:06:43 pm »

I used that image resizer exe and it made out a brilliant conversion of the phoebus16x16 into 24x24, but when loading the game all tiles were the same size as before.  I must be going crazy, or there is a setting somewhere that I have checked off that is restricting the graphical output.  Still can't zoom in at all.  I'd prefer to have less shown on the map with higher detail than a birds eye view of 10000 indiscernible squares.   

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: August 30, 2014, 08:39:22 pm »

Try naming it Phoebus_24x24 and edit the init.txt to include that as the graphics_font + [GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:Phoebus_24x24.png]. You can check the hotkeys and if the main zoom in it doesn't work there should be a alternate key that you could try. You should probably be able to turn off multilayer since you aren't playing on a map with many levels on the surface if its on, that could be why it isn't zooming in. Idk if you can use 16x16 overrides with 24x24 graphics_font..  If you are using them.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 08:47:13 pm by LeoCean »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #718 on: August 30, 2014, 08:41:07 pm »

Did you do the font tileset as well? Check the init? And like I said, your native solution must be at least 1920 pixel wide. With 1280 you have enough for 80*16. But for a 24x tileset you need 80*24=1920.

Go from fullscreen to window mode, it should show full zoom instantly. (until you touch anything^^)

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 30, 2014, 08:49:33 pm »

Did you do the font tileset as well? Check the init? And like I said, your native solution must be at least 1920 pixel wide. With 1280 you have enough for 80*16. But for a 24x tileset you need 80*24=1920.

Go from fullscreen to window mode, it should show full zoom instantly. (until you touch anything^^)

I usually play the game windowed but fullscreen (at 1920x1080), so I suppose maybe that could be part of the issue.  It's not a huge deal, but before using TWBT I remember being able to zoom in and have both the game window as well as the text screens get bigger or smaller.  Was useful to check things out in more detail but a smaller area, and would be even better if zooming in just increased the graphics quality and didn't just stretch/fuzz the image. 
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 184