Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 768580 times)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #810 on: September 01, 2014, 07:55:38 am »

Right clicking with mousequery used to move the game map in the direction you right clicked, it seems somewhat broken now with TWBT.  You can right click and go north or west, but east and south do not work.
Edit: Also, using Box select mode while placing walls and things seems to restrict the game to 16x16 tilesize.  I am playing on 24x24, and the cursor goes back to 16x16 while trying to place a wall.

What version of twbt are you using?

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #811 on: September 01, 2014, 07:57:01 am »

Right clicking with mousequery used to move the game map in the direction you right clicked, it seems somewhat broken now with TWBT.  You can right click and go north or west, but east and south do not work.
Edit: Also, using Box select mode while placing walls and things seems to restrict the game to 16x16 tilesize.  I am playing on 24x24, and the cursor goes back to 16x16 while trying to place a wall.

What version of twbt are you using?

4.48, I didn't update to 4.49 because of the problems i saw in the LNP thread.
Actually, I'm not 100% sure.. is there a way to check in game what version it is?  I downloaded the newest version but I can't 100% remember if I installed it or not.  I don't think I did.. but maybe?

Edit #2:  I tested it out by using the commands 'twbt tilesize more' and 'twbt tilsesize less', they did not work.  Since this was the major change listed from 4.48 to 4.49 I am almost certain I am using 4.48.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #812 on: September 01, 2014, 08:10:07 am »

Doesn't matter, so it's 4.xx.. Did you install provided mousequery.plug.dll as well?

BlueSteelAU

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: September 01, 2014, 08:12:39 am »

here's a minicrashdump file http://www.mediafire.com/download/ed43u7fc5mh33y9/Dwarf_Fortress.exe.11180.dmp

I really hope this helps

I know ... i know i said i was going to bed , but i'm too excited ;)

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #814 on: September 01, 2014, 08:14:48 am »

Doesn't matter, so it's 4.xx.. Did you install provided mousequery.plug.dll as well?

Yes, I installed all three of the plugins in the download, mousequery, twbt, and resume.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #815 on: September 01, 2014, 08:29:25 am »

here's a minicrashdump file http://www.mediafire.com/download/ed43u7fc5mh33y9/Dwarf_Fortress.exe.11180.dmp

I really hope this helps

Thank you! It's 1:30am here (guess where I am), so I also need to sleeep...)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #816 on: September 01, 2014, 08:30:42 am »

Yes, I installed all three of the plugins in the download, mousequery, twbt, and resume.

Ok, I'll check it, thanks.

BlueSteelAU

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: September 01, 2014, 08:52:13 am »

I really hope this helps

LOL I'm in Australia .. and your about 2 hours ahead of me( i think) so... i think you're in Fiji. or Kiribati - Gilbert Islands
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:02:44 am by BlueSteelAU »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #818 on: September 01, 2014, 08:59:32 am »

I really hope this helps

LOL I'm in Australia .. and your about 2 hours ahead of me( i think) so... i think you're in Fiji. Kiribati

Wow, these places came to your mind but not NZ?

Anyway, it's not clear what happened from your crash dump, I'll investigate it tomorrow.

BlueSteelAU

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: September 01, 2014, 09:04:00 am »

ok i cheated http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/gmt-plus-12/ strange it didn't mention NZ on that page.. i wonder why .. because http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/pacific/new-zealand/

« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:09:49 am by BlueSteelAU »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: September 01, 2014, 11:33:05 am »

Here's a link to a dropbox folder with some crash evidence and my entire game install as of the reproduced crash. It's all yours. Disabling and deleting the twtb plugin does not cause a crash upon loading.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9qdwpw8j2irhd78/AAC2emKKb2BGxpFLmuYLEe1sa?dl=0
My OS: Windows 7 x64

side note: the version of twbt for Masterwork mod worked quite well on my computer

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: September 01, 2014, 11:47:49 am »

the latest windows download 4.49, + starter pack 40.10r3. The twbt version seems to be 4.49 in that one but I overwrote it anyways.

The latest Starter Pack is 40_10 r4, which comes with TwbT 3.37 - it might be worth updating.

NEVERRRR, if I cared about not crashing I would though. I'm only doing tests for my graphics pack so it doesn't really matter if it crashes.

People who're getting crashes with TWBT 4.xx, read this.

Crash dumps are disabled by default on Windows, so if you're willing to help, download this file http://tmp.emsisoft.com/fw/crash_dump_settings_use_only_on_vista_and_later.zip
unpack and open enable_mini_crash_dumps.reg file. This will import settings into your registry to enable crash dumps.

Then, when DF crashes, go to C:\Users\Public\CrashDumps folder, find latest subfolder that have dwarf fortress in its name, and upload it for me. This will greatly help.

I know you won't see this for awhile but is there anyway to turn that off afterwards? I barely have room on my computer as it is, and I'd rather not have things taking up to much space :D. So I'd install this for now but want to get rid of it later.

BenLubar

• Bay Watcher
  • [BODY:HUMANOID_LEGLESS_6ARMS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: September 01, 2014, 02:54:39 pm »

With overrides.txt, am I still restricted to 512 unique tile images, or can I have a unique tile for each item type and building type?

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: September 01, 2014, 03:03:23 pm »

What ever is in the readme you can override, there's no max number of tiles you can override, you can use more than 10 tilesets withh 256 16x16 tiles in it for example. You can go over 256 tiles within a tileset with twbt from what I read so don't let that limit you.

BlueSteelAU

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: September 01, 2014, 03:20:20 pm »

there is a .reg file in there to turn off the dumps , create mini dumps, and create full dump , select the mini dump to activate it , then  the no dumps to deactivate it ;)
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 184