Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 769999 times)

BenLubar

• Bay Watcher
  • [BODY:HUMANOID_LEGLESS_6ARMS]
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #825 on: September 01, 2014, 04:15:08 pm »

What ever is in the readme you can override, there's no max number of tiles you can override, you can use more than 10 tilesets withh 256 16x16 tiles in it for example. You can go over 256 tiles within a tileset with twbt from what I read so don't let that limit you.

I must be going mad. I swear the readme file said "look at overrides.txt" and the overrides.txt file said "look at the readme" earlier today.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #826 on: September 01, 2014, 04:58:48 pm »

What ever is in the readme you can override, there's no max number of tiles you can override, you can use more than 10 tilesets withh 256 16x16 tiles in it for example. You can go over 256 tiles within a tileset with twbt from what I read so don't let that limit you.

I must be going mad. I swear the readme file said "look at overrides.txt" and the overrides.txt file said "look at the readme" earlier today.

It could be like that before, now I moved all documentation for 4.xx branch into readme file https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/blob/nextgen/README.md

As for limits, there's a limit on the number of tiles - they must fit into one OpenGL texture, but it's very large, I believe at least (2048*2048)/(16*16)=16384 tiles of 16x16 size.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #827 on: September 01, 2014, 05:03:38 pm »

Here's a link to a dropbox folder with some crash evidence and my entire game install as of the reproduced crash. It's all yours. Disabling and deleting the twtb plugin does not cause a crash upon loading.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9qdwpw8j2irhd78/AAC2emKKb2BGxpFLmuYLEe1sa?dl=0
My OS: Windows 7 x64

side note: the version of twbt for Masterwork mod worked quite well on my computer

Thanks, but you didn't enable (or didn't upload) crash dump as I instructed in this post:

People who're getting crashes with TWBT 4.xx, read this.

Crash dumps are disabled by default on Windows, so if you're willing to help, download this file http://tmp.emsisoft.com/fw/crash_dump_settings_use_only_on_vista_and_later.zip
unpack and open enable_mini_crash_dumps.reg file. This will import settings into your registry to enable crash dumps.

Then, when DF crashes, go to C:\Users\Public\CrashDumps folder, find latest subfolder that have dwarf fortress in its name, and upload it for me. This will greatly help.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: September 01, 2014, 06:37:59 pm »

It looks like I missed that post. No time left today to try it.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: September 01, 2014, 08:42:30 pm »

It could be like that before, now I moved all documentation for 4.xx branch into readme file https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/blob/nextgen/README.md

As for limits, there's a limit on the number of tiles - they must fit into one OpenGL texture, but it's very large, I believe at least (2048*2048)/(16*16)=16384 tiles of 16x16 size.

The documentation said unlimited ::). I can't reproduce any of these crashes, I tried both zooms and even saved and no crashes. I made new maps and all that still nothing. It's like it knows I enabled that mini crash dump, perhaps dfhack/twbt is the beginning of skynet.  :o

Weird I got rid of the twbt tilesize 16 16 (just for lols and also cause it is easier to change that way) and then saved that dfhack.init. Then loaded df, no crash. I added it back into the dfhack.init at twbt tilesize 18 18. (which I was using last night for a little while) and it crashed while loading the save game. Loading df after that produces no crash I'm gonna try this again to see if it's reproduce able. Well not by 100% certainly at least.... It didn't crash the next time I tried. I'll try a few more.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 01:10:59 am by LeoCean »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #830 on: September 01, 2014, 08:48:13 pm »

The documentation said unlimited ::). I can't reproduce any of these crashes, I tried both zooms and even saved and no crashes. I made new maps and all that still nothing. It's like it knows I enabled that mini crash dump, perhaps dfhack/twbt is the beginning of skynet.  :o

Ok I'll change it to "virtually unlimited":)

But did it crash before on your machine? I can't reproduce the crashes either, maybe it's related to video hardware or some software like antiviruses, I have no ideas atm.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 01, 2014, 08:50:04 pm »

Check the post again in like 1 minute, I'm not done writing it. But none the less the crash files there. Skynet won't let me reproduce it, it may have thought I gave up and didn't want me to, truly it waits till you aren't suspecting it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:05:20 pm by LeoCean »

BenLubar

• Bay Watcher
  • [BODY:HUMANOID_LEGLESS_6ARMS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: September 01, 2014, 09:20:48 pm »

When I follow a dwarf, they aren't anywhere near the middle of my screen. I have a 16x16 Phoebus graphics pack and the 10x12 font that comes with Dwarf Fortress if that helps with debugging.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: September 01, 2014, 09:23:09 pm »

That sounds like a problem that's hard to fix.

Capsicum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 01, 2014, 09:32:02 pm »

(...)I can't reproduce the crashes either, maybe it's related to video hardware or some software like antiviruses, I have no ideas atm.

A null result isn't much help, but I haven't experienced any crashes either. I have tried using tilesets from 16-64px and subjected them to a lot of rapid zooming with no crashes to show for it. Win8.1/i5/HD4000.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #835 on: September 01, 2014, 09:52:53 pm »

Mifki were you able to reproduce the box-select while building walls/floors/etc and follow-unit bugs?  Those are pretty easy to reproduce for me.  Also the mousequery right clicking south and east not working bug. 

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #836 on: September 01, 2014, 10:20:39 pm »

Ok, I see what's causing the crash in LeoCean's case, not sure if it's the same thing that's causing other crashes.

Later today I'll fix it, will look into Arumba's problem with mouse, and will likely fix problem with following a dwarf.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 01, 2014, 10:24:57 pm »

Right clicking with mousequery used to move the game map in the direction you right clicked, it seems somewhat broken now with TWBT.  You can right click and go north or west, but east and south do not work.
Edit: Also, using Box select mode while placing walls and things seems to restrict the game to 16x16 tilesize.  I am playing on 24x24, and the cursor goes back to 16x16 while trying to place a wall.
Interesting, I can reproduce the problem quite easily.  By toggling 'box select' on and off, it forcing the game cursor to treat the map like its 16x16, even if its not.  Even when you're not trying to build walls, while that setting is on it affects everything.  Suddenly trying to designate plants or trees has the same issue.  Go in and disable box select and the problem goes away.

I can go all directions with right click until I press tab and get rid of the right side menu. I can still go north/left when that menu is gone. It's probably something to do with my computer screen not being the right size for the 24x24 graphics so it doesn't recognize I am at the edge of the screen.  Interestingly enough I can't go right or down with 24x24 tilesize, if I left click it goes all directions.

The tiles don't minimize to 16x16 though when I turn on the mousequery box for digging or building walls/ chopping trees/ gathering plants. I did notice that following the dwarf was off a bit too.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #838 on: September 01, 2014, 10:32:12 pm »

Yep, some plugins need updating to be compatible with twbt 4.xx, I already fixed things I noticed in mousequery and resume, but I suspect there may be other issues with things/plugins that I don't use, so that's ok - they're mostly easy to fix.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #839 on: September 01, 2014, 10:43:48 pm »

Right clicking with mousequery used to move the game map in the direction you right clicked, it seems somewhat broken now with TWBT.  You can right click and go north or west, but east and south do not work.
Edit: Also, using Box select mode while placing walls and things seems to restrict the game to 16x16 tilesize.  I am playing on 24x24, and the cursor goes back to 16x16 while trying to place a wall.
Interesting, I can reproduce the problem quite easily.  By toggling 'box select' on and off, it forcing the game cursor to treat the map like its 16x16, even if its not.  Even when you're not trying to build walls, while that setting is on it affects everything.  Suddenly trying to designate plants or trees has the same issue.  Go in and disable box select and the problem goes away.

I can go all directions with right click until I press tab and get rid of the right side menu. I can still go north/left when that menu is gone. It's probably something to do with my computer screen not being the right size for the 24x24 graphics so it doesn't recognize I am at the edge of the screen.  Interestingly enough I can't go right or down with 24x24 tilesize, if I left click it goes all directions.

The tiles don't minimize to 16x16 though when I turn on the mousequery box for digging or building walls/ chopping trees/ gathering plants. I did notice that following the dwarf was off a bit too.

I think you misunderstood, the tiles themselves don't go down to 16x16 with box select mode on while designating walls.  The tiles stay 24x24, but the cursor itself is reduced to 16x16, and it shows a smaller X designation while still showing the 24 x 24 X designation.

Here's what I mean:
http://youtu.be/bxzoRUdDEzY
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 184