Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 768776 times)

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #841 on: September 01, 2014, 11:09:02 pm »

That's pretty interesting. In 16x16 mode you only have that one x but in 24x24 you have both and it uses that small x not the resized 24x24 one you'd think it would which is weird.

I tested it on 40.08 r3 and it doesn't show that box in the non twbt version. (printmode:2D really the only change there, the files still exist within dfhack)

It does turn on when twbt is active. It's still the double x's when you have a 24x24 zoom with the dfhack.init twbt tilesize 24x24 thing. Works normally without twbt active in standard mode. In 40.08, I think that's relevant at least we know it isn't dfhack but the twbt pluggin.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #842 on: September 01, 2014, 11:16:48 pm »

That's pretty interesting. In 16x16 mode you only have that one x but in 24x24 you have both and it uses that small x not the resized 24x24 one you'd think it would which is weird.

I tested it on 40.08 r3 and it doesn't show that box in the non twbt version. (printmode:2D really the only change there, the files still exist within dfhack)

It does turn on when twbt is active. It's still the double x's when you have a 24x24 zoom with the dfhack.init twbt tilesize 24x24 thing. Works normally without twbt active in standard mode. In 40.08, I think that's relevant at least we know it isn't dfhack but the twbt pluggin.

Well thanks for the investigation... But as I said, these are expected issues - twbt 4.xx uses a separate screen buffer and separate variables to store tile size. So plugins not updated to be compatible with twbt will draw things ("X" in this case) in wrong places, with wrong size, etc. leading to various weird effects that I'm actually not interested in because I'll just fix them once I know what plugins need fixing and once I have time.

Grumalg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: September 02, 2014, 04:18:46 am »

Getting an instant crash with TwbT 4.49 on attempt to change levels ('<').  The minidump reports:

Unhandled exception at 0x60BE32A6 (twbt.plug.dll) in Dwarf Fortress.exe.12392.dmp: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x376E0040.

Sounds like it might be useful to have a temp debug version with error handlers in all your functions that report in stderr.log who had the problem till you figure out what's happening.

I also note that map zoom (using shift O and P as discussed in this thread) seems to take a lot of keypresses to make much difference in zoom level.  Having a 'stepsize' setting to adjust how much each keypress changes map zoom level could be useful.

Grumalg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 02, 2014, 04:42:27 am »

Don't have a place to send it...  If you want to give me an email in PM that can take sizeable files I'll be happy to send it to you.  The dump is about 18 Mb.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #846 on: September 02, 2014, 06:39:31 am »

Don't have a place to send it...
http://dffd.wimbli.com/ or www.dropbox.com are good places.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Grumalg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 02, 2014, 06:41:58 am »

Don't have a place to send it...
http://dffd.wimbli.com/ or www.dropbox.com are good places.

Already handled via email...

Grumalg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 02, 2014, 07:55:58 am »

Sorry about that...  My ISP has been kinda flaky tonight and I lost connection a couple times - maintenance or something...

zipped it up smaller and resent it, looked like it went fine this time.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: September 02, 2014, 11:30:19 am »

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #851 on: September 02, 2014, 08:59:41 pm »

Minor 'bug', or perhaps just a rare situation that was overlooked:  When using Multilevel, and trying to place floor using the dfhack 'open placement' option, you cannot actually place things openly with the mouse because it clicks through to the lower levels.  You can still do it with the keyboard, but I wonder if its possible to suppress clicking through layers only while placing floors/walls with open placement on?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #852 on: September 02, 2014, 09:37:25 pm »

Minor 'bug', or perhaps just a rare situation that was overlooked:  When using Multilevel, and trying to place floor using the dfhack 'open placement' option, you cannot actually place things openly with the mouse because it clicks through to the lower levels.  You can still do it with the keyboard, but I wonder if its possible to suppress clicking through layers only while placing floors/walls with open placement on?

Good point, thanks.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 03, 2014, 06:00:30 am »

One thing I'd suggest, is to move FONT and FULLFONT definitions to the overrides.txt from the init.txt. That'd make it easier to fall back to non-twbt rendering.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: September 03, 2014, 08:00:05 am »

One thing I'd suggest, is to move FONT and FULLFONT definitions to the overrides.txt from the init.txt. That'd make it easier to fall back to non-twbt rendering.
Seconding this.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 184