Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763313 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2014, 10:58:39 am »

So I can't seem to figure out how to use this. I put the plug.dll into the dfhack plugins folder, but DFHack doesnt want to see it apparently?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2014, 11:08:06 am »

So I can't seem to figure out how to use this. I put the plug.dll into the dfhack plugins folder, but DFHack doesnt want to see it apparently?

Did you set up the init properly? You have to set PRINT_MODE to Standard, add a secondary tileset and set GRAPHICS to YES to see the changes. And make sure that you have dfhack-r3, AFAIK that's the only version it works with for now.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2014, 11:10:38 am »

Oh now I understand the font/graphics font thing, I'll mess around thanks.

Edit: So I guess one thing to note is that by using this it seems to not use the graphic raws, for example spacefox's different dwarves. It seems to just show them all as if you weren't using the graphics and only the tileset which means they all look like dead dwarves.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 12:11:01 pm by Vherid »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2014, 12:38:24 pm »

Can the plugin do alt-tiles as well? I am thinking about animations, similar to the moving grass of the Obsidian Tileset, or the maggots vermin and eyeballs grass in vanilla DF.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2014, 01:05:30 pm »

Oh now I understand the font/graphics font thing, I'll mess around thanks.

Edit: So I guess one thing to note is that by using this it seems to not use the graphic raws, for example spacefox's different dwarves. It seems to just show them all as if you weren't using the graphics and only the tileset which means they all look like dead dwarves.

I'll double check on Windows, but sounds strange, haven't seen anything like that. There are some bugs, but so far what I've seen is that it either shows the graphics tileset completely OR the text tiles.

EDIT: Double checked, I can see all profession sprites correctly. Would you mind posting a screenshot in case I misunderstand what to look for?
Spoiler: spacefox screenshot (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:28:24 pm by fricy »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2014, 02:06:27 pm »

Hmm mine wont work for some reason. Either way its something wrong with me and not this plugin so never mind, I just tried testing it without the plugin and it's still doing it.

Edit: After messing with it for quite a bit, this is a really really cool thing and is definitely, possibly, the start of a bigger thing in the future when it comes to aesthetics.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 06:48:30 pm by Vherid »

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2014, 03:10:43 pm »

Oh man oh man oh man. This is exciting. I'd already be happy with 3 separate tilesets for the game, the text and the map. Though I guess extra graphics for plants would be nice too.

EDIT:
So I tried to play around with it a little, but I can't seem to get the overriding to work.
The text/map separation works great and that's really nice.
But I tried to give up-down stairs a separate tile from bins, so I took the GRAPHICS_FONT/FULLFONT tileset and replaced tile #87 ('W') with a new graphic for bins.
Then added this line to data/init.txt:
[OVERRIDE:88:I:BIN:::0:87]

In game Bins still use tile #88 ('X', same as stairs).
I also tried 'BIN:BIN' as well as [OVERRIDE:88:0:87], neither of which work.
Any ideas?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 05:04:15 pm by CLA »
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2014, 05:43:11 pm »

I'll be able to check it with bins later.

Can you try something else in the meanwhile? Doors definitely worked, just remember that doors can be both Items and Buildings.

[OVERRIDE:197:I:DOOR:::0:87]
[OVERRIDE:197:B:DOOR:::0:87]

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2014, 06:05:50 pm »

Just saying that I am watching this with interest. :)

Does it still clash with Rendermax?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2014, 06:09:34 pm »

I wrote this small plugin for myself because I was tired seeing coffins instead of zeroes and all that stuff. It allows to specify separate fonts for map tiles and for text. GRAPHICS_FONT/GRAPHICS_FULLFONT will continue to be used for map area(s), and FONT/FULLFONT will be used for everything else. Requires OpenGL PRINT_MODE (STANDARD, VBO and so on). Adventurer mode and possibly some other screens need some more work.

Also it allows to override tile numbers for buildings and items, see overrides.txt for details.

Supports OS X, Windows.

At DFFD http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8575

thank you!

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2014, 06:16:00 pm »

Just saying that I am watching this with interest. :)

Does it still clash with Rendermax?

It crashes when used with rendermax light but works with other rendermax modes. So it's not a simple incompatibility of rendering hooks. I'm yet to investigate this.

Also, what's the current situation with dfhack versions? Should I add a windows binary for r4 to the package as well (as I understand, plugins have dfhack version hardcoded so it won't load with r4 now, right?)?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2014, 07:34:53 pm »

If it recognizes it's not running on r3, it takes its ball and goes home. And I know I use r4 these days.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2014, 08:12:53 pm »

Ok I'll make a binary for r4 soon.

Would be greatly appreciated.

xeranes

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2014, 08:13:42 pm »

I'm sorry, could we have some installation instructions for those of us with minimal tileset and init knowledge?  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 184