Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763315 times)

bodgingbrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2014, 11:26:04 pm »

Mifki, do you have a bitcoin address I can send some donations to? This is amazing.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2014, 12:31:53 am »

I'm sorry, could we have some installation instructions for those of us with minimal tileset and init knowledge?  ;D

Assuming you're already using some graphical tileset, have dfhack r3 installed and all is working fine, then to have separate tilesets for the map and text:
1. Copy appropriate plugin binary (.so on OS X or .dll on Windows) to hack/plugins folder.
2. Copy supplied ShizzleClean.png file to data/art folder.
3. Edit data/init/init.txt and make sure PRINT_MODE is set to STANDARD (or VBO), and change FONT and FULLFONT to ShizzleClean.png.
4. Enjoy.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2014, 12:35:53 am »

Mifki, do you have a bitcoin address I can send some donations to? This is amazing.

So far it was too easy to start accepting donations, especially compared to the great work of dfhack developers who made all this possible :)
No I don't have.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2014, 01:59:29 am »

I'll be able to check it with bins later.

Can you try something else in the meanwhile? Doors definitely worked, just remember that doors can be both Items and Buildings.

[OVERRIDE:197:I:DOOR:::0:87]
[OVERRIDE:197:B:DOOR:::0:87]

Can't get that to work either. Downloaded fresh version of df 0.34.11 for windows, downloaded dfhack r3, extracted. dropped twbt.dll (v2.0) in plugin folder. Added the two lines above to init.txt, changed the print mode to STANDARD (also tried VBO).
Started game, generated world, embarked, construct stone door.
Still uses tile 197.
placed (built) stone door somewhere, uses tile 197 as well.

text uses separate tileset without problems.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2014, 02:11:03 am »

Added the two lines above to init.txt, changed the print mode to STANDARD (also tried VBO).

Stop. You put overrides.txt to data/init folder, not adding lines from it to init.txt

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2014, 02:30:31 am »

For the starter pack - is there some way I can have the plugin active for some graphics packs but not others? 

While great for Spacefox, there are people who might be annoyed if it changes the pure ASCII they love...
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2014, 02:42:13 am »

For the starter pack - is there some way I can have the plugin active for some graphics packs but not others? 

While great for Spacefox, there are people who might be annoyed if it changes the pure ASCII they love...

Well, it acts according to the configuration (FONT/FULLFONT for text and GRAPHICS_FONT/GRAPHICS_FULLFONT for the map) - if they are set to the same tileset, it won't do anything (and won't load itself).

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2014, 02:52:56 am »

Added the two lines above to init.txt, changed the print mode to STANDARD (also tried VBO).

Stop. You put overrides.txt to data/init folder, not adding lines from it to init.txt

Oh duh, I'm such a fucking retard, I can't believe it. Thanks all working now.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2014, 03:03:20 am »

Well, it acts according to the configuration (FONT/FULLFONT for text and GRAPHICS_FONT/GRAPHICS_FULLFONT for the map) - if they are set to the same tileset, it won't do anything (and won't load itself).

Cool, thanks.  That's easy enough to check... I'll have a play around over the weekend after my exam tomorrow.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2014, 03:50:59 pm »

This... This is awsome! The only reason I use a "Mostly ASCII" tileset is the fact that TTF is so buggy and I hate weird text, this will fix that and so much more!
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2014, 08:15:23 pm »

I'm sorry, could we have some installation instructions for those of us with minimal tileset and init knowledge?  ;D

Assuming you're already using some graphical tileset, have dfhack r3 installed and all is working fine, then to have separate tilesets for the map and text:
1. Copy appropriate plugin binary (.so on OS X or .dll on Windows) to hack/plugins folder.
2. Copy supplied ShizzleClean.png file to data/art folder.
3. Edit data/init/init.txt and make sure PRINT_MODE is set to STANDARD (or VBO), and change FONT and FULLFONT to ShizzleClean.png.
4. Enjoy.

THANK YOU!

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2014, 08:36:59 pm »

Esc key causes ascii to appear (When using a tileset)

Activating Alt-W (workflow) causes the tileset to be unloaded.  alt-tab out of the game and back in or hitting some directional keys gets the tileset to reload.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 08:40:35 pm by thistleknot »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2014, 09:49:48 pm »

Activating Alt-W (workflow) causes the tileset to be unloaded.  alt-tab out of the game and back in or hitting some directional keys gets the tileset to reload.

It appears only momentarily (blinks), right?

I'll check Alt-W, thanks.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2014, 12:17:08 am »

It appears only momentarily (blinks), right?

I'll check Alt-W, thanks.

to your question, yes
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 184