Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763424 times)

petrov

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2014, 12:41:50 pm »

What happens if you have a ton of Z-levels (like the edge of a steep cliff)?  Do the lower levels get so dark that they effectively turn black?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2014, 06:08:41 pm »

What happens if you have a ton of Z-levels (like the edge of a steep cliff)?  Do the lower levels get so dark that they effectively turn black?

It depends on the maximum number of levels allowed and amount of darkening, both will be configurable.

sic8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2014, 11:27:01 pm »

Awesome stuff mifki. I love where this is going.  :)

Is there any way to have transparent sprites so we can see what's under things? Would make the game beautiful with a good texture pack.

Aydjile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 14, 2014, 07:05:58 am »

mifki, this is major stuff. toady will be jealous! thank you so much for your contribution!
Reality exists is only in our imagination.

Мой канал о жизни крепостей из Дварф Фортресс - https://www.youtube.com/user/Aydjile

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2014, 11:58:08 am »

Woah.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2014, 02:20:10 pm »

I have been looking at the readme:

# Kind is I for item or B for building
# Id see buildings_other_id.h or items_other_id.h
# Type see building_type.h or item_type.h, may be empty
# Subtype is some numberical value, don't know what values correspond to what

Could somebody point me towards the buildings_other_id.h and items_other_id.h ? And can I somehow specific a subtype, or specific tiles from buildings?

So not just WEAPON, but WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT, WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_LONG, etc.

As well as building tiles. A 3x3 workshop has 9 tiles, how do I specific which tile goes where?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2014, 02:33:36 pm »

Subtype numbers correspond to order of subtypes in the raws; in vanilla DF, for example, weapon 0 is ITEM_WEAPON_WHIP.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2014, 02:54:50 pm »

Could somebody point me towards the buildings_other_id.h and items_other_id.h ?

They're right in the root folder of the download. Open with any text editor.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2014, 06:24:36 pm »

Could somebody point me towards the buildings_other_id.h and items_other_id.h ?

They're right in the root folder of the download. Open with any text editor.
Argh, I did look in the Text will be Text download from Milo Christiansen, he just uploaded a version with 3 tilesets. But he did not include those files... my mistake. Simply looked in the wrong folder.

So all items are read the way they appear in menus/stockpiles... alphabetically from the raws. I will test this. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bodgingbrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 15, 2014, 10:46:14 am »

I realize this isn't adding to the discussion here but I had to share.

I had a dream last night of the most amazing fort that I need to build, but in my dream, I could see all the Z levels below the camera. My mountain/ocean based dream fort was all the more beautiful when I could see my whale trap from above, and my sprawling above ground crops on the mountains.

I think it's safe to say that I love you mifki.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 15, 2014, 07:35:53 pm »

alphabetically from the raws.
The raws aren't alphabetical. It sounds like it's just in order of listing in the subtype text files. For example, ITEM_WEAPON_WHIP comes alphabetically after ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_BATTLE, but is listed first.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 15, 2014, 07:41:44 pm »

Is anyone else waiting obsessively for some hint of a release for the multi-z-level view thing?  I jump to the thread as fast as I can anytime I see another post has been made.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #147 on: June 15, 2014, 10:46:47 pm »

alphabetically from the raws.
The raws aren't alphabetical. It sounds like it's just in order of listing in the subtype text files. For example, ITEM_WEAPON_WHIP comes alphabetically after ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_BATTLE, but is listed first.
The raws are alphabetical. The objects in the raws are not. But the raw files themselves are read out alphabetically from top to bottom. Sorry for the confusion.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #148 on: June 16, 2014, 06:29:02 pm »

Is anyone else waiting obsessively for some hint of a release for the multi-z-level view thing?  I jump to the thread as fast as I can anytime I see another post has been made.

Still several days to wait - need to do add more optimisations.

Any interesting savegames on dffd with multilevel landscapes/forts to test on and make beautiful screenshots? :)

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 17, 2014, 06:16:40 am »

If you're fixing to add more screenshots in the meantime, I for one would love to see what it looks like in default.

Don't know of any highly-z-level-utilizing cliff forts for you, though.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 184