Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763403 times)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #180 on: June 20, 2014, 08:01:40 am »

If I render ramps as belonging to the bottom level (effectively not rendering downramps at all), it looks like this, but I don't like it much for some reason.
Yeah, I don't like it either. It looks wrong somehow. What if you render ramps as belonging to the top level (as seen in the original screenshots) but draw the shadow on top of the ramps?

I tried, shadows over ramps look even worse, at least with this tileset/ramp image.
Btw, it doesn't make sense - tile either belongs to the top level or has shadow on it:)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 20, 2014, 08:39:25 am »

If I render ramps as belonging to the bottom level (effectively not rendering downramps at all), it looks like this, but I don't like it much for some reason.
Yeah, I don't like it either. It looks wrong somehow. What if you render ramps as belonging to the top level (as seen in the original screenshots) but draw the shadow on top of the ramps?

I think it looks bad because the edges are fuzzy and noisy-looking.  I think displaying ramps as gradients is worth a try.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 20, 2014, 11:25:02 am »

Can you make a version of this for DFHack r5?
Will you be updating the current plugin for DFHack r5, or leaving that for the next release (or later)?
That said, what platform are you on? I can try building for OS X, although mifki will probably beat me to it. :)

No need to build anything, just update -r3 to -r5 with any hex editor ;)
But I'll upload a new package soon myself. Done.
And yes, I hate to have to build things for several different platforms...

Spoiler: Squee!! (click to show/hide)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #183 on: June 20, 2014, 03:42:06 pm »

I tested the newest update. The r4 works. :) I assume the multi-level viewing is not included yet?

I also noticed a display bug in the worldgenerator screen. Its nothing major, just wanted to let you know.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 20, 2014, 03:52:18 pm »

Also, on the create new world screen, half of the text is in one tileset, and half is in the other.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #185 on: June 20, 2014, 05:08:18 pm »

I did some tests with item subtypes. I got it working, and will post an item tileset probably tomorrow, if there is any interest.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 20, 2014, 05:09:19 pm »

I'm interested. Will this be for vanilla or Masterwork?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #187 on: June 20, 2014, 05:11:43 pm »

Masterwork. Which will automatically contain all items from vanilla anyway. (just the subtype numbers will have to be readjusted if people want to use it for vanilla)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #188 on: June 20, 2014, 05:55:18 pm »

I also noticed a display bug in the worldgenerator screen. Its nothing major, just wanted to let you know.

Thanks.

Also, on the create new world screen, half of the text is in one tileset, and half is in the other.

Yes, there was a problem to determine which stage of the world gen is currently being shown, will try again later.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #189 on: June 20, 2014, 05:57:48 pm »

I did some tests with item subtypes. I got it working, and will post an item tileset probably tomorrow, if there is any interest.

Next version, once finally released ;), will allow to add overrides based on tiletype and designation.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #190 on: June 20, 2014, 07:08:14 pm »

Hey, I do have a question, now that I finally started working on this.

I started on an overlay tileset for items. I started with a 24x24 pixel tileset, with 32x32 tiles. (768x768 pixels total). The 24x24 pixel  downscale to the usual 16x16 pixel tilesets beautifully, and if people use higher-res tilesets, the items look even better. But I have a problem. The 32x32 tiles tileset got staunched heavily... it seems it has to be a tileset thats 16x16 tiles. Is that correct? That would mean I only have 256 tiles for overlays, which is not enough for the 1000 or so items I have. Is it possible for you to enable tilesets that have more tiles, or can I already use multiple tilesets?

Like this?
Code: [Select]
[TILESET:Overrides - Weapons.png:Overrides - Weapons.png]

[OVERRIDE:210:I:WEAPON bla bla:::2:0]

[TILESET:Overrides - Armors.png:Overrides - Armors.png]

[OVERRIDE:210:I:ARMOR bla bla:::3:0]
I ask because I saw the # [OVERRIDE:Tile:Kind:Id:Type:Subtype:Tileset:NewTile] that has the "Tileset" as a second last argument, so I assume I can add multiple ones. If yes, how would that be done? How are they sorted? Alphabetically how they appear in the folder?

So "Overrides - A - Weapons.png" would be 2, and "Overrides - B - Armors.png" would be 3, and so on?

I hope I am not explaining this too badly.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #191 on: June 20, 2014, 07:34:46 pm »

I believe it's possible to load tilesets of any size but for now 16x16 is hardcoded for simplicity.
You can load as many tilesets as you want (there are some opengl texture size limitations though) with TILESET command, and yes, they will be 2, 3, etc. in order they appear in the config file (not alphabetically).

This could be better, I know.

I wonder how slow it will or will not be with 1000 overrides though :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #192 on: June 20, 2014, 07:48:09 pm »

Ok, thanks. This means it will work. :) I will continue finishing the weapons, and let you know if I can get it to work with multiple tilesets. I think it would be best to make one set per item type anyway. :)

1000 overrides as in: 1000 new tiles, or 1000 items that will be overwritten? Because the item number can be much, much higher than that. One siege with 100 units, 12 items on each body, thats already 1200 items on the map. Long lasting forts might have 100.000 items lying around.

My mod has 541 custom buildings, and 1446 items in total. At the moment. I havent even touched the overrides for buildings yet, I dont understand how that works on multi-tile workshops. The 190 weapons I have fit in one 256 set... but the tools will be difficult.

Anyway, this is awesome. Thank you so much, I wanted a functionality like this for a long time, even asked Toady directly if he could do that... ^^

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 20, 2014, 09:38:25 pm »

Anyway, this is awesome. Thank you so much, I wanted a functionality like this for a long time, even asked Toady directly if he could do that... ^^

What he'd say?  He seemed open to it a long time ago.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #194 on: June 20, 2014, 09:52:24 pm »

He said that the TILE tag from the tools could be used for other items, and that this might happen at some point in future. But with a 256 tileset that obviously wouldnt help all that much.

Here the MDF Mod melee weapon override tiles. Feedback appreciated. Most of them are from free to use fantasy tilesets I found with google, cropped, recolored and altered to fit. The '+' and '++' are from the mods upgrade system, 'superior' and 'legendary' versions of the same weapons. They are all 24x24 pixels, using tile #0-119.

There are a few weird ones, especially the gnomish high-tech weapons. Laser pistols and glue pistols, which are actually melee weapons, because their ranged attacks use itemsyndrome. They dont need quivers/ammo, so they are in this list.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 184