Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763390 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #240 on: June 23, 2014, 04:35:36 am »

Just as a resource for others that might try their hands on override tilesets, here a list of multi-used tiles that previously could not be changed, and would benefit greatly from some new graphics. They are certainly on my todo list. :)

Hardcoded tiles that could use new graphics:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 23, 2014, 04:44:47 am »

Is there an ETA for the new version with multi-Z view?

All other dfhack scripts and plugins need a line in the dfhack init to work. "Rendermax light" or "something enable" or just the scripts name. But TwbT loads all the time, as long as the .dll is active.

Could you add an on/off switch? When the .dll is added it doesnt automatically start, but needs a "TwbT enable" in the dfhack init or dfhack command window, and a "TwbT disable" would turn it off?
Seconded.  The conflict with the Stonesense overlay makes this particularly painful, as I'm committed to using isometric graphics to bring in new players.  Once TwbT can be toggled it's going in the Starter Pack, but until then I can't leave newbies to crash.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 23, 2014, 04:59:12 am »

a golden cookie for the first person to put out a fully icon-ized default/ASCII type variant tileset using this. I tried myself, but very quickly got overwhelmed / realized that I'm not actually a good pixel artist.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 23, 2014, 05:09:34 am »

a golden cookie for the first person to put out a fully icon-ized default/ASCII type variant tileset using this. I tried myself, but very quickly got overwhelmed / realized that I'm not actually a good pixel artist.

Milo's MLC tileset is quite a step in that direction.

All other dfhack scripts and plugins need a line in the dfhack init to work. "Rendermax light" or "something enable" or just the scripts name. But TwbT loads all the time, as long as the .dll is active.
Could you add an on/off switch? When the .dll is added it doesnt automatically start, but needs a "TwbT enable" in the dfhack init or dfhack command window, and a "TwbT disable" would turn it off?

Seconded, plus please add a check for the plugin, so it doesn't crash the game when it detects a non-opengl printmode. Until that I'm unable to include the plugin.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 23, 2014, 05:31:00 am »

I'm already working on it, though I won't have icons for every little thing. I want to keep it simple. I don't think the female sign and the amulet need separate icons, and '≈' is enough for all the things it currently represents, too.
But the worst offenders (punctuation/text, bins/u-d-stairs/cursor, status indicators) and some useful ones (weapon types, armor) will get their own symbols. Most is already done, I'm just waiting for the new version of twbt and DF. Probably will do something with the new trees, too.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #245 on: June 23, 2014, 05:59:55 am »

I'm now finishing setting up an automatic build server that will produce binaries for all platforms when I make changes. Spent several days on choosing the best software for this, but I really don't like the part of development process where I need to write change logs, make packages, upload them... And it was good to learn about all this software.

Once it's done, there will be packages available for the current version, and for multilevel rendering (ok for testing/playing, but without guarantee of not being broken sometimes). I possibly will fix some things in the current version, like error checks and a command to enable/disable the plugin while I'm making multilevel stuff ready for a release.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 23, 2014, 06:03:16 am »

I'm now finishing setting up an automatic build server that will produce binaries for all platforms when I make changes. Spent several days on choosing the best software for this, but I really don't like the part of development process where I need to write change logs, make packages, upload them... And it was good to learn about all this software.

Once it's done, there will be packages available for the current version, and for multilevel rendering (ok for testing/playing, but without guarantee of not being broken sometimes). I possibly will fix some things in the current version, like error checks and a command to enable/disable the plugin while I'm making multilevel stuff ready for a release.
Are you planning to add your code to dfhack repository?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 23, 2014, 06:29:28 am »

Please do this!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #248 on: June 23, 2014, 06:31:04 am »

I don't know. I'll make my repository public, and then it can be added to wherever you want, but I possibly prefer to work and mess with things in my own place.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 23, 2014, 06:40:16 am »

Well mostly i'm asking for the "planning" part. I think it would need changes e.g. currently it does not work if anything else overwrites renderer (afaik crashes with rendermax plugin).

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #250 on: June 23, 2014, 06:51:31 am »

Well mostly i'm asking for the "planning" part. I think it would need changes e.g. currently it does not work if anything else overwrites renderer (afaik crashes with rendermax plugin).

Btw, I wrote some time ago, it doesn't crash with rendermax trippy and other modes except light, so maybe it's not about overriding renderer. I'll try to investigate later.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 23, 2014, 07:06:00 am »

Btw, I wrote some time ago, it doesn't crash with rendermax trippy and other modes except light, so maybe it's not about overriding renderer. I'll try to investigate later.
Hmm that is strange. Sounds like it could be on rendermax's side...

Clownmite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 23, 2014, 08:27:30 am »

This thread contains some of the most exciting developments since I started playing DF. Amazing work, mifki.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 23, 2014, 08:30:55 am »

I don't know. I'll make my repository public, and then it can be added to wherever you want, but I possibly prefer to work and mess with things in my own place.

Just a note -- you could maintain a personal fork of the DFHack repo to work in, and use pull requests to submit your changes to DFHack.  This is a common collaboration pattern.

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 23, 2014, 08:41:14 am »

mifki, will this feature make it into the release?

...and thank you for your hard work, things that TWBT does already are simply amazing. MultiScroll plugin is awesome too!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 184