Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763523 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #315 on: June 28, 2014, 11:33:34 am »

Ok.

Just wanted to let you know, I tested it again with the tile numbers you quoted and it works. Looks absolutely amazing, thank you. And Rendermax doesnt crash, either. It only displays the light on the currently active z level, but even so it looks good.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #316 on: June 28, 2014, 11:38:11 am »

Aaaaaand my idea worked!

And "camping at night in a forest" with rendermax also looks very nice indeed)

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 28, 2014, 11:41:13 am »

Hooray! I got it working too.

I also figured out how I accidentally killed it. If you don't "wake up" TWBT by using two different tilesets (either windowed or fullscreen mode), it doesn't activate the Z-level rendering either.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #318 on: June 28, 2014, 11:41:28 am »

That looks like a heavily zoomed version with less than 80 tiles width! And tiny text. :)

The overlay shadow is a bit heavy on the blue I think. Neutral grey would fit better (?)
Edit: Without Rendermax is looks great on the surface, the misty blueish... but in the caverns its a bit off. The screenshots below are so dark because of Rendermax, your overlay shadow looks fine and very clear without Rendermax.

The second cavern is supposed to be very blue, but 1 is green, 3 is gray and slade is black...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 11:44:22 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #319 on: June 28, 2014, 11:50:42 am »

That looks like a heavily zoomed version with less than 80 tiles width! And tiny text. :)

It's independent rendering of map and everything else, so two different tile sizes can be set. I just set map tiles to be bigger to better show difference.

Shadows and fog will be configurable (shadow image, size, fog colour and density).
I didn't understand the problem with caverns though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #320 on: June 28, 2014, 11:56:50 am »

Its the logical reason for the blue coloration. It comes from humidity and the wavelength of sunlight, bla blub. It makes sense in hills and forests. But it makes no sense in caves.

I just set map tiles to be bigger to better show difference.
But you show less than 80 tiles, which is amazing, because  df usually has a hardcoded limit. People with low resolutions can not display bigger tiles. With this, it seems that they can. People could now easily make 32x or 64x tilesets.

You know, this kind of detail:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Obviously unplayable if you zoom in that far, but for screenshots its pretty neat to have 64x tiles. 32x would be reasonable for both graphics and play I would assume.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 28, 2014, 12:05:57 pm »

Color me impressed. Doubly so for the news about independent tile sizes.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 28, 2014, 01:01:31 pm »

The game already supports having differently-sized creature graphics (Fortbent's ASCII release uses 64x64 graphics for a few creatures with the vanilla 16x16 curses file for everything else).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #323 on: June 28, 2014, 01:51:00 pm »

The game already supports having differently-sized creature graphics (Fortbent's ASCII release uses 64x64 graphics for a few creatures with the vanilla 16x16 curses file for everything else).
Yes, but lets say your netbook/laptop can only have a resolution of 1024. Thats 12.8 pixels per tile. Because DF displays 80 tiles width minimum. If you want to see a fully zoomed in 64x64 tile, you would need a resultion of 5120 pixels. Or you window and cut off part of the game, which you can never scroll to. Mifkis screenshot looks like he could display less than 80 tiles, making larger tiles possible for people with smaller resolutions.

And the text of course. Which is super neat. :)

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 28, 2014, 03:41:36 pm »

Aaaaaand my idea worked!

Hooray for the KING!

You are awesome.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 03:47:34 pm by falcn »

Actinide

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 28, 2014, 03:52:45 pm »

It's independent rendering of map and everything else, so two different tile sizes can be set. I just set map tiles to be bigger to better show difference.

Shadows and fog will be configurable (shadow image, size, fog colour and density).
I didn't understand the problem with caverns though.

So I'm kind of dumb on this - is the fog/shadow per z-level or per tile?  I'm wondering if it's possible to replace the 1..7 numbers for liquid depth with a flat color with variable lightness/alpha based on the number that would be rendered.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #326 on: June 28, 2014, 04:27:52 pm »

Thats already possible. Use a text tileset for the number 1-7, and make differently shaded water tiles on the graphical tileset in their places. :)

Actinide

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 28, 2014, 04:34:36 pm »

Thats already possible. Use a text tileset for the number 1-7, and make differently shaded water tiles on the graphical tileset in their places. :)

Oh, awesome.  Thanks!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #328 on: June 28, 2014, 05:03:38 pm »

Oh, awesome.  Thanks!
I plan to do this myself, so I did check ;)

Moridin920

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 28, 2014, 09:11:32 pm »

Downloaded the latest MW (thanks Meph), tried out the multi level rendering on an existing fort. Looks great, my fps went from ~40-45 to a steady 13 though.

Still, looks really good.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 184