Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 767168 times)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #360 on: July 01, 2014, 01:32:36 am »

I'm going to implement nice map zooming that now won't affect text tiles.
In the meantime, I checked the r5, 3.12 version and it crashes to desktop just like 3.11 did.   :'(

Crashes.. when?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 01, 2014, 01:48:16 am »

Immediately on startup.  stderr.txt shows "can't load plugin <path>"; the error message is "The procedure entry point <blah> could not be located in SDL.dll".   Wild guessing:  it could be related to the way dfhack loads on windows, through a fake SDL.dll - on OSX and Linux it's through a script. 

Spoiler: details (click to show/hide)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #362 on: July 01, 2014, 01:54:14 am »

"The procedure entry point <blah> could not be located in SDL.dll"

Oh, this.. Yes, I have the same problem, and it's not fixed in 3.12 because I don't know how, it's weird message.
But it doesn't crash for me, just plugin isn't loaded.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 01, 2014, 11:57:41 am »

As recommended by GavJ, I'd like to suggest that you work on tile swapping features in play. This would work on the lines of having a general tile for trees which can then be swapped for a more descriptive tree tile. We thought it could be useful for braille keyboards and seemingly other applications.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 01, 2014, 04:01:02 pm »

Creature graphics vanish when viewed from 2+ z levels. This only happens inside the fort, but not outside. Couldn't test caverns for now. multilevel 3.12 osx
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 01, 2014, 04:19:23 pm »

This happens for me in arena mode too.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #366 on: July 01, 2014, 05:56:43 pm »

As recommended by GavJ, I'd like to suggest that you work on tile swapping features in play. This would work on the lines of having a general tile for trees which can then be swapped for a more descriptive tree tile. We thought it could be useful for braille keyboards and seemingly other applications.

Not sure I understand what exactly you want.

Quarterblue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 01, 2014, 06:34:00 pm »

Any hope for a Linux build (or building instructions)?

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 01, 2014, 07:08:05 pm »

Not sure I understand what exactly you want.

A feature to hit a hotkey and have it switch in game to a different group of overrides.  The suggested use was so that people on a braille keyboard could have, for instance, all creatures be one tile icon, and then hit a key and have them all now represent the individual creature types so that you can hierarchically zoom in so to speak to different levels of detail as needed only.

But it would be useful presumably for all sorts of cool things other than blind player accommodation.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 01, 2014, 08:57:37 pm »

Creature graphics vanish when viewed from 2+ z levels. This only happens inside the fort, but not outside. Couldn't test caverns for now. multilevel 3.12 osx

I'm getting that outside as well.  Specifically, everything looks dead from 2 levels up. 

Multi-level liquids is also only showing the bottom level, instead of the top, so you can't really tell how deep the top level is.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #370 on: July 01, 2014, 09:12:33 pm »

I'm getting that outside as well.  Specifically, everything looks dead from 2 levels up. 

Multi-level liquids is also only showing the bottom level, instead of the top, so you can't really tell how deep the top level is.

Can you post an example screenshot (for the issue with liquids)?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #371 on: July 02, 2014, 05:24:39 am »

Any hope for a Linux build (or building instructions)?

Try 2.23 from http://build.mifki.com (it's the current stable version, without multilevel rendering).

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 02, 2014, 09:26:38 am »

twbt-nextgen-4.13-osx binary from buildserver doesn't work for me.

It won't load for dhhack-r5
Code: [Select]
dfhack: attempting to hook in
Loading bindings from data/init/interface.txt
Resetting textures
Can't load plugin /Users/user/Desktop/Dwarf fortress/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/hack/plugins/twbt.plug.so
Looks like you are using r4 libraries instead of r5. This is from the binary
/Users/vit/Downloads/dfhack-r4/build/library/libdfhack.1.0.0.dylib

For dfhack-r3 it loads, but works like twbt-multilevel-3.12-osx - non-square tileset from distribution archive (ShizzleClean.png, 256 × 320) is rendered as square 16x16, and this part
In your init.txt set FONT and FULLFONT to the font you want to use for map tiles, and GRAPHICS_FONT and GRAPHICS_FULLFONT to the font for text. This will change to the other way round in future.
is not respected, it takes text tile set from FONT variable like the old one did.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 09:33:07 am by falcn »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 03, 2014, 04:30:13 am »

twbt-nextgen-4.14 osx-r5
dlopen(/Users/fricy/Applications/Macnewbie_8.6a/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/hack/plugins/twbt.plug.so, 2): Symbol not found: __ZN2df6global16cursor_unit_listE
  Referenced from: /Users/fricy/Applications/Macnewbie_8.6a/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/hack/plugins/twbt.plug.so
  Expected in: /Users/fricy/Applications/Macnewbie_8.6a/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/hack/libdfhack.1.0.0.dylib
 in /Users/fricy/Applications/Macnewbie_8.6a/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/hack/plugins/twbt.plug.so
Can't load plugin /Users/fricy/Applications/Macnewbie_8.6a/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/hack/plugins/twbt.plug.so

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #374 on: July 03, 2014, 04:50:27 am »

twbt-nextgen-4.14 osx-r5
dlopen(/Users/fricy/Applications/Macnewbie_8.6a/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/hack/plugins/twbt.plug.so, 2): Symbol not found: __ZN2df6global16cursor_unit_listE
  Referenced from: /Users/fricy/Applications/Macnewbie_8.6a/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/hack/plugins/twbt.plug.so
  Expected in: /Users/fricy/Applications/Macnewbie_8.6a/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/hack/libdfhack.1.0.0.dylib
 in /Users/fricy/Applications/Macnewbie_8.6a/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/hack/plugins/twbt.plug.so
Can't load plugin /Users/fricy/Applications/Macnewbie_8.6a/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/hack/plugins/twbt.plug.so

Yep, they renamed this field in r5, next build will be ok. Can you try with r3 or r4 in the meanwhile? I'm puzzled with the previous message from falcn that this version does nothing :)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 184