Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763308 times)

BlueSteelAU

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #795 on: September 01, 2014, 01:24:00 am »

just about ready to give up here lol.

I just tried yours and on loading a game it crashes as son as i pres f1 or move on the screen.
I start a new game and I get the small tileset still. and when i try to move on the screen it crashes

just not my day :(

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: September 01, 2014, 01:25:23 am »

Did you try it again after it crashed and it crashed again?

I did get a crash when I used shift p or o to zoom all the way out and then back in really quick though. I didn't get a crash when I did it using the regular zoom function which zooms the texts to the right --->.

BlueSteelAU

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: September 01, 2014, 01:26:10 am »

and yes i know not on pre embark. its the left most section when actually playing
yes

BlueSteelAU

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 01, 2014, 01:27:47 am »

argh. just tried it again and it worked reloading the just newly generated world. its not very stable is it. lol

BlueSteelAU

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: September 01, 2014, 01:29:56 am »

i'm giving up at the moment its just crashed yet again :(
when i pressed f1 after scrolling around a bit

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: September 01, 2014, 01:30:45 am »

Which version of twbt are you using or the starter pack are you using? I'm using the latest windows download 4.49, + starter pack 40.10r3. The twbt version seems to be 4.49 in that one but I overwrote it anyways.

Well you may want to save if you do anything risky that may end up in a crash :D. Probably don't want to zoom in or out very fast either. Lol, I pressed f1 and let it run awhile and it didn't crash idk to say.

BlueSteelAU

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: September 01, 2014, 01:45:19 am »

same here "I'm using the latest windows download 4.49, + starter pack 40.10r3. The twbt version seems to be 4.49 in that one but I overwrote it anyways.
" , i've tried with phoebus and space fox (however they are spelled) and no diference either (apart from the looks that is. lol still crashing

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: September 01, 2014, 01:52:09 am »

Yeah mifki will probably work it out in no time, if it's only a twbt problem anyways. Which some of it seems to be. If you wanted a more stable build use the 3.xx branch for now, it does help when people use the next gen one to find out if there's problems that way they can be fixed. You may be able to use those commands on that version I've no idea, you may have to use that " " one on that one, maybe just incase since I'm going to bed.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: September 01, 2014, 01:53:50 am »

the latest windows download 4.49, + starter pack 40.10r3. The twbt version seems to be 4.49 in that one but I overwrote it anyways.

The latest Starter Pack is 40_10 r4, which comes with TwbT 3.37 - it might be worth updating.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #805 on: September 01, 2014, 06:30:16 am »

People who're getting crashes with TWBT 4.xx, read this.

Crash dumps are disabled by default on Windows, so if you're willing to help, download this file http://tmp.emsisoft.com/fw/crash_dump_settings_use_only_on_vista_and_later.zip
unpack and open enable_mini_crash_dumps.reg file. This will import settings into your registry to enable crash dumps.

Then, when DF crashes, go to C:\Users\Public\CrashDumps folder, find latest subfolder that have dwarf fortress in its name, and upload it for me. This will greatly help.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: September 01, 2014, 07:00:06 am »

What a coincidence, mine just collapsed while cleaning objects after saving, apparently due to a virtual address read/write error. But uh, this .dmp is about half a gigabyte in size. Can I help find anything specific before I start torrenting this lump of dump?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #807 on: September 01, 2014, 07:02:46 am »

What a coincidence, mine just collapsed while cleaning objects after saving, apparently due to a virtual address read/write error. But uh, this .dmp is about half a gigabyte in size. Can I help find anything specific before I start torrenting this lump of dump?

Oh then better to use enable_mini_crash_dumps.reg file :) and wait for the next crash.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #808 on: September 01, 2014, 07:49:53 am »

Right clicking with mousequery used to move the game map in the direction you right clicked, it seems somewhat broken now with TWBT.  You can right click and go north or west, but east and south do not work.
Edit: Also, using Box select mode while placing walls and things seems to restrict the game to 16x16 tilesize.  I am playing on 24x24, and the cursor goes back to 16x16 while trying to place a wall.
Interesting, I can reproduce the problem quite easily.  By toggling 'box select' on and off, it forcing the game cursor to treat the map like its 16x16, even if its not.  Even when you're not trying to build walls, while that setting is on it affects everything.  Suddenly trying to designate plants or trees has the same issue.  Go in and disable box select and the problem goes away.

BlueSteelAU

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 01, 2014, 07:51:08 am »

After taking a backward step to the previous release, All I can say is i can't wait for this release to be stable, Why ???
Because
1. able to resize text and tilesets separately
2. able to resize tileset larger without stretching vertically because you go past the 80 characters across the window
3. I seem to like the multiview feature (set to 5) at least in the earlier release
4. able to set a default tileset <tilewidth> <tileheight>

How the hell did i ever used to play without this???
well on the earlier release my window had to be 3132*1080 (yes i have 2 monitor setup) and had to flip the window size every time I had to read a full screen of info eg: unit screen, and then back up to 3132*1080 when playing normal game. The tilesets and whole game experience (apart from the current crashes in newest release) is massive emergence into the game. I can actually see the details in the graphics and shadows when i Zoom right in so that the play area takes up a full monitor screen and the commands section is on the other monitor.

BTW setting up the crash_dump stuff now, I'll get back to you tomorrow its 10:45pm here now and haven't had much sleep the last 48 hours
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 184