Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 770684 times)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1005 on: September 21, 2014, 08:44:35 am »

What am i doing wrong?
Assuming this is with Macnewbie: check df/data/init/init.txt to see if you have [FONT:Spacefox_16x16_text.png] defined there instead of duerer_ascii_15x15.png. If yes, then this is most likely a bug with Pylnp. I tried reproducing this error, but couldn't corrupt the init, so it may have to do with something you did. Can you explain what you did before you got this?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1006 on: September 21, 2014, 08:52:12 am »

What am i doing wrong?

What exact problem you're talking about?
On the second image I see some black artefacts, and on the third - last two columns of the world map use spacefox instead of duerer.
Or something else?

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 21, 2014, 08:57:38 am »

What am i doing wrong?
Assuming this is with Macnewbie: check df/data/init/init.txt to see if you have [FONT:Spacefox_16x16_text.png] defined there instead of duerer_ascii_15x15.png. If yes, then this is most likely a bug with Pylnp. I tried reproducing this error, but couldn't corrupt the init, so it may have to do with something you did.

That's not macnewbie, just plain dfhack. Though, same thing occurs in macnewbie too, but with two of my tilesets installed by default it was difficult to discover. The point is i was expecting text tileset to be used in worldgen/embark map. Fact that i found artefacts is coincidence :)

Can you explain what you did before you got this?

installed dfhack with twbt, created new world and realised that map drawn with graphic set. Installed space fox to double check.
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Duerer TWBT tileset v.0.6.A

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1008 on: September 21, 2014, 09:12:35 am »

installed dfhack with twbt, created new world and realised that map drawn with graphic set. Installed space fox to double check.

Why did you expect the map not to use graphics set?)

Indeed, there are two branches of twbt - main which draws world map with graphics font, and nextgen which draws all these screen with text font (but it's not available for 0.40.13 yet). This may be confusing if you weren't following twbt development, but it doesn't matter, I hope to finish what I'm doing tomorrow and there will be only one version (and with support for 0.40.13).

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 21, 2014, 09:17:59 am »

Indeed, there are two branches of twbt - main which draws world map with graphics font, and nextgen which draws all these screen with text font (but it's not available for 0.40.13 yet). This may be confusing if you weren't following twbt development, but it doesn't matter, I hope to finish what I'm doing tomorrow and there will be only one version (and with support for 0.40.13).

Ok, got it. awaiting next release  :)
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1010 on: September 21, 2014, 09:22:15 am »

But anyway, why do you not want graphics font there?
Half of people complained that it's in graphics in one branch, another half complains that it's in text in another branch...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1011 on: September 21, 2014, 09:27:28 am »

Half of people complained that it's in graphics in one branch, another half complains that it's in text in another branch...
I know that feeling oh so well. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 21, 2014, 09:50:55 am »

Sounds like a perfect bay12 motto. ;-)

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: September 21, 2014, 09:53:21 am »

But anyway, why do you not want graphics font there?

Haha that so familiar :)
I'm standing for text on embark screen, because:
1. I'll be able to modify graphic set more freely since it's used only on main game screen
2. That gives me opportunity to incorporate map-specific signs in my pack. For example μ (crown in game / ruins on map) may be drawn as actual ruined city. And ramps may be redrawn as mountains, looking like on this map
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

fbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 21, 2014, 10:28:53 am »

Then better make in an option if possible  ;)

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 21, 2014, 12:30:19 pm »

Well the easiest solution probably would be a separate tileset for the map, which is probably what mifki is thinking to.

Does that mean you are switching to the next gen as the only twbt? It's better than the old gen besides for the map, after I saw someone using the starter pack and having graphics on the embark map I was switching between old and next gen during embark and playing. The newest one (4.61) didn't have any crashes when I was playing it I think.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 21, 2014, 02:12:08 pm »

Quick question: does twbt support VBO print mode?

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 21, 2014, 02:15:26 pm »

Originally I wrote a small plugin because I was tired seeing coffins instead of zeroes and all that stuff. It has greately evolved since then. Requires OpenGL PRINT_MODE (STANDARD or VBO). Some functions may not work or have issues in Adventurer Mode. See readme for all details.

Yeah it's on the front page/first post of this thread.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 21, 2014, 02:35:54 pm »

Except the plugin does not seem to load in VBO print mode (says it must be STANDARD), so I'm wondering if this is intentional due to technical constraints or simply a typo.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: September 21, 2014, 03:23:14 pm »

I think it's a typo that it is VB0 instead of VBO. As VB0 works.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 184