Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 185

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 775523 times)

Kryxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1065 on: September 26, 2014, 08:08:08 pm »

It's in the development builds on the first page/ post. It doesn't have any bugs so far that I've found.

I kind of disagree.   PeridexisErrant put 5.12 into his latest pack.

When I world gen with Phoebus graphics, the world gen screen is 100% vanilla.  It switches 2s after DF main screen loads.  I can easily watch how the previous (3.41, I think is what was in previous packs),  go from how it used to look to this.  The font changes also.   

If I set print mode to: TWBT_legacy  it will convert part of the screen to use graphics, and leave the other section.

I've done this about on about 10 different worlds. 

I like the other uses of TWBT but I don't want to view the world in the standard graphics.   So what is wrong here or could be in conflict?

Someone said that it shouldn't be doing this, but it is.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 08:10:05 pm by Kryxx »

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: September 26, 2014, 09:27:00 pm »

You want the graphics or you want the text? I didn't know about that stuff because what was wrote was different than that and I hadn't done any worlds gens since I got that version. I was to lenient when I said no bugs, I should have said no bugs that I hadn't already known about. Like the graphical issue and the text in the old gen version.

Which I thought the new gen version was suppose to be graphics now or have a map tileset but I guess that isn't a thing that is happening yet? The font in the old gen was known I think, I knew about it at least. I don't think it was suppose to be in there. For now you can download the 3.41 version and use that until you are done with world gen then after the game saves on startup or you'll have to save anyways to close dwarf fortress you can just put the 5.12 version in dfhack/plugins. Since the 3.41 has some issues I believes, I can't really remember since I haven't used it in awhile.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 09:31:29 pm by LeoCean »

Kryxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: September 26, 2014, 10:11:35 pm »

I want the graphics.   I'm using the latest version of PE's 40.13.R3 pack.

This included 5.12 of TWBT.  However it's displaying the world gen part as text, doesn't matter if you leave the print mode as TWBT or use TWBT_Legacy it's always text for the world gen/creation. 

It actually starts as graphics on load, for about 2s, then I watch it 'switch' to text.  This tells me something isn't handling it right and switching it.

What your proposing is actually harder, the simple way. Load my 40.13 version that has the 3.41 and generate worlds.  Then copy the saves over and apply the graphics/raws.

However if that doesn't solve the issue of why it's needed or what is failing/incorrectly setup etc.  I'm posting here because I don't know if it's a conflict setting with twbt?

This seems like it's a conflict somewhere or something isn't working right to display graphics. 

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1068 on: September 26, 2014, 10:47:02 pm »

That's how it works. If you want worldgen in graphics, use TWBT_LEGACY (uppercase).

Kryxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: September 26, 2014, 11:54:41 pm »

I did.. and it looks like this.

http://imgur.com/7GoMtAx

2nd world gen

http://imgur.com/ExOexN6

So when DF loads I hit full maximize and that is why it displays that way. No zoom in or out.

So if I zoom in a lot.... I can get it to be 50/50.

http://imgur.com/OJzKmia

I can get it to split the screen this way 50/50.  But the amount of wasted space... to view so little.   I have an average widescreen (1900x1080) for a reason.  To see more. 

Is there a reason the whole right side in legacy is displayed as text?  It wasn't this way in 3.41. 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 12:02:45 am by Kryxx »

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: September 27, 2014, 01:37:18 am »

What your proposing is actually harder, the simple way. Load my 40.13 version that has the 3.41 and generate worlds.  Then copy the saves over and apply the graphics/raws.

I was actually proposing just copying and pasting twbt 3.41 over 5.12 till after world gen. It'd work until 40.14, all that's needed is the twbt pluggin in Dwarf Fortress 0.40.13\hack\plugins and what I said about copying and pasting the 5.12 twbt pluggin over it after world gen (once your embark has been loaded and you see your dwarves) you'll have to restart the game (not the save) for it to take effect.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1072 on: September 27, 2014, 01:50:31 am »

I prefer to fix it rather than to encourage people to use different versions - harder to track when something goes wrong.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: September 27, 2014, 01:52:19 am »

Might that also cause issues with the TwbT-compatible resume, automaterial, and mousequery plugins?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1074 on: September 27, 2014, 02:08:54 am »

Might that also cause issues with the TwbT-compatible resume, automaterial, and mousequery plugins?

The problem we're talking about is that legacy mode is just sort of broken, so no, it has nothing to do with normal mode or the plugins.

Or you've got some problem reports about plugins?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: September 27, 2014, 02:26:44 am »

No problem with the problems or caused by them - I was just curious as to whether they might have problems if TwbT was removed or downgraded.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1076 on: September 27, 2014, 02:33:12 am »

No problem with the problems or caused by them - I was just curious as to whether they might have problems if TwbT was removed or downgraded.

Oh, you mean will these plugins work ok without twbt? Yes, they should.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1077 on: September 27, 2014, 03:31:02 am »

Version 5.13 should fix the problem with legacy mode in general, with embark screen in legacy mode, and also fixes mouse support in dwarf manipulator plugin (and maybe somewhere else if there are other plugins with mouse support).

muppet9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: September 27, 2014, 01:06:22 pm »

Crash on (z)ooming to migrant arrival from (a)nnouncement. Might not be TWBT related but here are two crashes if you want to lake a look. The initial automatic zoom hasn't caused a crash.

Win7 64bit, DFSP 40-11r3(TWBT 5.12)

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9802

edit: The auto zoom on event doesn't ever seem to get the right place though. Maybe because I have a 16x16 graphics set and a 10x15 text set?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 01:32:42 pm by muppet9876 »

Erendir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: September 28, 2014, 04:32:08 am »

Quote from: muppet9876
The auto zoom on event doesn't ever seem to get the right place though. Maybe because I have a 16x16 graphics set and a 10x15 text set?

I remember a problem with auto-moving map to center on something (zoom to location, follow a creature, maybe other) if tileset-size and TWBT-tileset-display-size were different (i.e. load game with any 16x16 tileset, use "twbt tilesize 32 32", follow a dwarf).
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 185