Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 769653 times)

Drengor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2010 on: July 31, 2016, 12:28:53 pm »

I've been having an issue with 43.03 and 42.06 twbt mode as distributed with Peridexis's starter pack.  If a window size is specified in the init, the graphics will fail after 30-50 seconds or so.  It switches into twbt mode fine, it's a delayed problem. 

When the graphics fail, it's basically just background colors.  A screenshot is at http://imgur.com/a/Oe3sy .

Fortunately, resizing the window fixes it, turning it from a breaking bug into a nuisance.  A screenshot after resizing is at http://imgur.com/a/fVNVe .

I can supply additional information as needed... Here is the basics...

Windows 7 SP1 x64
  16G
  SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 270X (2G)
  Radeon Software Version 16.7.3

Here's the graphics portion of the init...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: July 31, 2016, 01:11:44 pm »

That's interesting. What's your screen resolution?

Drengor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: July 31, 2016, 02:28:14 pm »

1920x1080

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: July 31, 2016, 03:08:11 pm »

I was thinking your screen might be too short for those settings, but 1600x960 should fit very easily in 1920x1080, even when accounting for ~64 vertical pixels taking by the Windows dock and the border of the Dwarf Fortress window. I guess I should have seen from the first screen shot that that wasn't the problem.

Russell.s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: August 13, 2016, 11:26:19 pm »

I really love TWBT but don't like having to wait for dfhack to update in order to use it. I don't use any of the other dfhack features. Is it possible to run TWBT without dfhack? Or run it in some way so that I don't need to wait for dfhack to update to the latest version?

Thanks very much for your help :).

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: August 14, 2016, 06:40:05 am »

I really love TWBT but don't like having to wait for dfhack to update in order to use it. I don't use any of the other dfhack features. Is it possible to run TWBT without dfhack? Or run it in some way so that I don't need to wait for dfhack to update to the latest version?

Thanks very much for your help :).

No.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: August 14, 2016, 07:11:57 am »

Although you could technically build DFHack and TwbT from source, if DFHack is too buggy to release, it's likely that TwbT will be unstable too.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Russell.s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: August 16, 2016, 12:00:12 am »

No.
Although you could technically build DFHack and TwbT from source, if DFHack is too buggy to release, it's likely that TwbT will be unstable too.

Okay, thanks you two. I'll just have to wait patiently for DFhack to reach the latest version before striking the earth!

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: August 16, 2016, 12:26:26 pm »

Is there any way to fix DFHack menus/sidebars/dialogs showing the map display area as black when they are open?
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: August 16, 2016, 01:41:37 pm »

Is there any way to fix DFHack menus/sidebars/dialogs showing the map display area as black when they are open?
Besides disabling TwbT, not yet. I'm working on a way to let TwbT avoid breaking those, but it's not done yet. I might be able to get to it today or tomorrow, though.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

figment

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: August 21, 2016, 01:43:06 pm »

I've gotten TWBT at least partially working with 0.43.05 and my current build on Win32 so I thought I'd share the key information to possibly save someone else time.  I added a dummy parameter for edx value on fastcall.  Haven't really tested the p_render_lower_levels patch yet but the rest of the code loads now without crashing so thats something.

Convert_magenta may be back but seems unused and possibly not a bool but int with value of 3 but since apparently unused it doesn't matter.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 11:58:05 pm by figment »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2022 on: September 28, 2016, 09:31:42 am »

A question/request: Would it be possible to split TWBT multilevel and TWBT overrides into two plugins?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: September 28, 2016, 12:11:00 pm »

A question/request: Would it be possible to split TWBT multilevel and TWBT overrides into two plugins?
Both plugins would need to hook into the same rendering steps.  I think that setting multilevel 0 effectively turns off that portion of the code.  One could also disable overrides by not having an overrides file, though I don't know if that "disables" the feature in the sense of avoiding crashes associated with the override engine.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2024 on: September 28, 2016, 04:22:48 pm »

Yeah, I was thinking of enabling multilevel, but disabling the override tiles.

I was looking at installing more tilesets for MasterworkDF and I'm trying to come up with a good way to swap tilesets using TWBT, but the override tiles make it difficult... I have some unique ones per tileset, some that are always on, and other that should probably be disabled if you play with ASCII or an ASCII-like tileset.

I was really hoping to get GemSet to work, but its rather difficult. Tilesets, overrides, TWBT font tileset, creature sprites, different size (32x)... but that is another topic.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 184