Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 770137 times)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2055 on: October 16, 2016, 05:34:13 pm »

It only happens when moving the viewport IIRC.

Das did a short video explaining the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDbuQ8CnGm0
i see the same problem with multilevel=0 in Phoebus.
It still occurs in the latest version.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2056 on: October 16, 2016, 05:49:07 pm »

Ok, I have found what's causing crashes.

TWBT processes overrides on a separate thread while the simulation is running. That's bad, but I expected it to cause problems only in rare case of some specific items/buildings being destroyed while TWBT is processing corresponding overrides. But now I saw this:

The game reallocates block_index array for some reason while TWBT is processing tiletype overrides, and that's causing TWBT to access wrong address and crash. There are several ways to deal with this, I think (I don't want to process overrides synchronously and slow down the simulation), I'll try them soon.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: October 16, 2016, 06:26:42 pm »

Ok, I have found what's causing crashes.

This is fantastic news!  Thanks for your perseverance - it's obvious that tracking this down was not easy.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

DAOWAce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: October 16, 2016, 07:50:54 pm »

This is fantastic news!  Thanks for your perseverance.
+1

If I knew any programming I'd offer to help, but all I can do is wish you good luck in fixing it!

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: October 20, 2016, 02:45:19 am »

Thanks for the update! To install this, I just drag all the files from the /twbt-5.66-osx/0.43.03-r1/ folder into the /df_osx/hack/plugins/ folder, right?

Do I need to also put /twbt-5.66-osx/realcolors.lua into the /df_osx/hack/lua/ folder?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2060 on: October 20, 2016, 03:35:40 am »

Thanks for the update! To install this, I just drag all the files from the /twbt-5.66-osx/0.43.03-r1/ folder into the /df_osx/hack/plugins/ folder, right?

Do I need to also put /twbt-5.66-osx/realcolors.lua into the /df_osx/hack/lua/ folder?

Yes.
You can copy realcolors and even try to use, but it's not related to the main twbt functionality.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: October 20, 2016, 04:39:14 am »

Thanks for the help. I found some instruction for realcolors.

It looks installing the realcolors lua doesn't change anything in existing packs unless they are specifically modified to make use of it.

To make an item use its real color, it just needs to have its foreground color in its object file set to "100", right? And then all the background colors get displayed as normal.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2062 on: October 20, 2016, 06:51:02 am »

It looks installing the realcolors lua doesn't change anything in existing packs unless they are specifically modified to make use of it.

To make an item use its real color, it just needs to have its foreground color in its object file set to "100", right? And then all the background colors get displayed as normal.

realcolors.lua is just a script (btw it should go to /scripts, not to /lua) that processes all materials and sets tile colours to be real material colours. Of course it doesn't change anything unless you run it.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: October 20, 2016, 06:52:59 am »

so how do i use it then? and where do i get it?
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2064 on: October 20, 2016, 07:58:19 am »

I've made some more crash fixes (hopefully) that need testing, both fortress mode and adventure mode are affected.

Build for 0.42.06 https://build.mifki.com/build/808
Build for 0.43.03 https://build.mifki.com/build/809

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2065 on: October 20, 2016, 08:36:58 am »

Thank you!
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: October 20, 2016, 03:08:27 pm »

I've made some more crash fixes (hopefully) that need testing, both fortress mode and adventure mode are affected.

Build for 0.42.06 https://build.mifki.com/build/808
Build for 0.43.03 https://build.mifki.com/build/809
The HTTPS-Auth is outdated. i cant open the links.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2067 on: October 20, 2016, 04:21:04 pm »

Thank you!

Please don't distribute these two builds until they've been tested for some time.

DAOWAce, if you could update and play for some time with redraw_all and multilevel.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2068 on: October 20, 2016, 05:28:12 pm »

Thank you!

Please don't distribute these two builds until they've been tested for some time.

DAOWAce, if you could update and play for some time with redraw_all and multilevel.
How else to test than to allow a lot of people to use them?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2069 on: October 20, 2016, 07:47:55 pm »

Thank you!

How else to test than to allow a lot of people to use them?

There were people who experienced crashes, I was hoping they could try.
But yeah, I don't mind, it's up to you.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 184