Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 769630 times)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2115 on: November 23, 2016, 09:22:46 pm »

Soon I'll start working on updating TWBT for 0.43.05. It will be 64bit only I think as I'm not keen to find offsets for and support twice more versions.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: November 23, 2016, 09:28:45 pm »

Oh, I didn't remember that it didn't support 0.43.05 yet. Will update that thread.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: November 23, 2016, 10:14:56 pm »

Soon I'll start working on updating TWBT for 0.43.05. It will be 64bit only I think as I'm not keen to find offsets for and support twice more versions.
That's really good to know. Thanks for the info!

Oh, I didn't remember that it didn't support 0.43.05 yet. Will update that thread.
I'm still not completely sure that they aren't compatible. He sounds pretty confident that it works.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: November 23, 2016, 10:24:04 pm »

Here are the patches it uses for 0.43.03. It can't work with 0.43.05 without a 0.43.05 section (which isn't there).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: November 24, 2016, 08:28:59 am »

So this means i really need my new Hardware and win7 the sooner the better :(
i understand and respect your decision though.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: November 26, 2016, 07:27:04 am »

can anyone check/knows if this is right? for win64
Code: [Select]
<global-address name='twbt_render_map' value='0x1408170b0'/>
Edit: i was stupid...

Edit: it's correct btw :)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 11:12:32 am by Warmist »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2121 on: November 26, 2016, 09:50:24 am »

Hey,

Any chance for more override options, or is it limited by internal DF tile-types?

Like different sprites for walls/floors depending on material. Wood/Stone/Gem/Metal.

Or body-parts (CORPSEPIECES) or meat, depending on part, like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Or caste-specific creatures graphics, for male/female sprites?

Or vermins? They are creatures, but the way DF handles their graphics, they can only use tiles from the original tileset, not creature sprites like all the other creatures. That makes it really tricky to give a sprite to all of them.

There are also text-only things ingame, like the sneaking indicator, animal tracks, depot-accessability, or low/medium/high traffic zones. Things that are essentially part of the UI, but displayed on the map.

I ask because I'm working on this tileset and I'm stumbling upon more and more little things that could be improved, if TWBT would allow it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: November 26, 2016, 11:14:05 am »

Hey,
<...>
A few years later Meph: here's a 2gb of sprites to cover ALL possible things in DF :)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: November 26, 2016, 11:17:37 am »

It was inevitable.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2124 on: November 26, 2016, 11:25:01 am »

Nah... the 40.000 profession sprites for all animal-men just take ~36mb once they are done. :P

See, I have a template with all the weapons, armors, items, professions, and I just need to copy the animal-man sprite underneath. Here the kestrel man as example:

Edit: Oh, and another question... TWBT know the position of the tiles it has to override, does it? Could it check neighbouring tiles, so that something like this can be done?

or to be more precise: Like this:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 03:08:02 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Snafu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: November 26, 2016, 06:32:24 pm »

AAARRGH! My eyes!

Please change the background of that last from shocking pink!

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: November 26, 2016, 06:51:47 pm »

Transparent is pretty good. Most stuff looks good against the forum's grey-colored backgrounds.

Snafu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: November 26, 2016, 08:05:31 pm »

Transparent is pretty good. Most stuff looks good against the forum's grey-colored backgrounds.
Sry; can't find how to set that as default b/g in FFx 50.00.. I am in no way a webpage programmer/scripter

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: November 26, 2016, 10:45:51 pm »

"Shocking pink" is used as transparent mask color for applications where transparent images wouldn't work because nothing is ever that color. Was common in 90s game sprites, I think.

This shock image serves just as a tiling example, though. Both DF and FFx support transparency - the image backdrop actually is shocking pink. Thankfully, it is behind a spoiler, so you can just remain unspoiled.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2129 on: November 27, 2016, 03:36:21 am »

Meph,

Currently TWBT is limited by tiletypes present in DF. I'm not even sure what there is what is not, there are definitely different types for some floor/wall materials but you'd better look yourself. The same for other stuff - mostly for performance reasons. For example building overrides require to specify tile number, building ID and building type because I naturally have tile number, look up overrides for it, then check all matching buildings from world.buildings.other[id] (that's why I need ID so that I don't check ALL buildings), compare their types and then find the one located on the current tile. Of course I can also check materials, neighbour tiles and whatnot, but that would require accessing more data structures, which can be slow, especially for complex tilesets that require updating all tiles each frame ("twbt redraw_all" option).

However, if you missed it, some time ago I started to work on a new version in which I was going to implement building/item rendering "the native way" (by interposing their rendering vmethods). This is faster and should allow to implement any custom building-specific logic (e.g. different tiles for locked/unlocked doors), and also a support for animated building/item images was planned. However I suspended the development because while being a great idea, it was a difficult for me to implement - one of the problems is that if I replace the default building rendering vmethod, I need to replicate all the existing rendering logic (like different tiles for door materials, animated machines, building construction stages, etc.), and tileset authors will need to provide tiles for all the situations. I'm neither sure I'm aware of all the logic that needs to be re-implemented, nor able to get all the required tiles myself.

If you're willing/able to help with these two problems, I can continue to work on that version again.

(I think the "text-only" things you mentioned are hardcoded, so there's not much I can do.)
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 184