Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763328 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2130 on: November 27, 2016, 08:48:21 am »

Thanks for the detailed response. Unfortunately I mostly know how to use scripts/utilities, but cant code. The only major computer project I've done is DF modding, so I know the raws. I'm not sure how much of use I could be with a C++ plugin.

I can certainly provide tiles/sprites for everything, make a template for the other tileset authors, and test your builds, see if some tiles are missing. If there is anything I can do to help, you just have to tell me what.

From a players point of view, there are certainly some things that are more helpful than others. For example the tileset example above, with the grass/road that blends into each other... thats not very important. But distinguishing between male/female creatures at a glance, would be helpful. Or castes... like worker ants, soldiers ants and ant queen.

As a modder I often get requests by people that dont know modding, so the requests are about things either impossible or insanely difficult. I dont understand C++ much, so please excuse if my requests are a bit inane. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2131 on: November 27, 2016, 03:25:35 pm »

Meph,

I wasn't talking about coding, but rather tiles and checking that all the cases are handled correctly during rendering.

What exactly is missing from the existing creature graphics mechanism. Like, if there were another command supported in overrides file for creatures, [TILE:C:...], what the other parameters would be?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2132 on: November 27, 2016, 04:14:25 pm »

Oh, yeah, with testing and checking tiles I can help. :)

For creatures, the caste. Just like items have ITEM_TYPE:WEAPON and ITEM_SUBTYPE:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD, creatures would be CREATURE:DWARF and CASTE:MALE. Most creatures have MALE and FEMALE.

But now that I think about it, in vanilla DF, the settings for creatures are this:
Code: [Select]
[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:CAT]
[DEFAULT:DOMESTIC:1:0:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
[CHILD:DOMESTIC:6:0:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
[ANIMATED:DOMESTIC:11:0:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
[TRAINED_WAR:DOMESTIC:1:5:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
[TRAINED_HUNTER:DOMESTIC:6:5:AS_IS:DEFAULT]

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: November 27, 2016, 11:36:15 pm »

With the native vmethods way, if a tileset doesn't have overrides defined for the locked and unlocked doors, will it use the regular door tile from the main graphics tilesheet for both the locked and unlocked doors?

Also, will the native way get rid of the need to know the source ID numbers?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: November 27, 2016, 11:51:40 pm »

This is unrelated to TWT, but I just thought of a tool that reads through all the FB descriptions, and assigns appropriate sprites to them according to their base creature

It would just have to match against any of these:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If TWBT did creatures, this would be a way of doing it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2135 on: November 28, 2016, 07:57:33 am »

Perfect! I think Putnams script here http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161553.msg7272864#msg7272864 could be used for this. I'd make a pre-made png with all the possible sprites, and the scripts allocates the proper XY coordinates in the graphics.txt.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: November 29, 2016, 02:23:48 am »

Soon I'll start working on updating TWBT for 0.43.05. It will be 64bit only I think as I'm not keen to find offsets for and support twice more versions.

From my perspective, updates are more exciting than the alternative art systems - TwbT is the last component I need for a 43.05 pack (albeit with alpha DFHack).  Is there an expected timeline, beyond "maybe soonish"?  (I admit that this is my preferred schedule)

The other thing I was wondering about is DFHack changes so you don't need to modify other plugins - issue #981 and so on.  Is there any progress on this?  (Maybe @Lethosor can answer?)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: November 29, 2016, 02:30:02 am »

It looks like I got partly through that but got distracted by other DFHack tasks. I'll update that issue.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2138 on: November 29, 2016, 04:03:54 am »

Soon I'll start working on updating TWBT for 0.43.05. It will be 64bit only I think as I'm not keen to find offsets for and support twice more versions.

From my perspective, updates are more exciting than the alternative art systems - TwbT is the last component I need for a 43.05 pack (albeit with alpha DFHack).  Is there an expected timeline, beyond "maybe soonish"?  (I admit that this is my preferred schedule)

Honestly, I haven't looked at the 64bit binary yet. The VM I was using before for my build system was XP, so I just installed Win10 and VS2015 yesterday. I don't expect significant difficulties with finding offsets except for the multilevel rendering-related one - I don't fully remember how I found the function to patch for 32bit long time ago:( Theoretically, TWBT can support multilevel rendering even without that offset, but this haven't been done for a long time, not sure how well it works in this mode.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2139 on: December 19, 2016, 10:46:23 pm »

I've got TWBT working with 0.43.05 on OSX, even the multilevel rendering patch (which I don't remember how it works) worked as is. Probably Windows/Linux will require more work because of the new compilers.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: December 20, 2016, 05:13:48 am »

I've got TWBT working with 0.43.05 on OSX, even the multilevel rendering patch (which I don't remember how it works) worked as is. Probably Windows/Linux will require more work because of the new compilers.

That's great news nonetheless!  Thanks for all your hard work :)
 Donations here.

DanielCoffey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: December 20, 2016, 06:18:45 am »

That is great to hear, mifki. Thanks for the progress update.
Caselabs S8 : Intel i5-12600K / 64Gb DDR4 3600 / Asus 1080 Ti / Samsung 980PRO 1Tb / Dell U2715H 27" 2560x1440 / Corsair AX1200i / APC SMT1500I / Windows 11

Caselabs X2M NAS 24Tb : Intel i3-8300 / 32Gb DDR4 3000 / ASUS ROG Strix H370-I / 4x WD Red 8Tb, Samsung 960PRO 1Tb / Corsair AX860i / APC SMT1000I / unRAID Plus 6.11.5

gasznak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: December 20, 2016, 12:20:11 pm »

Awesome news! Twbt and DT are the only thing stoping me from playing the latest DF version. Waiting in excitement for any news about the windows version. :)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: December 30, 2016, 06:13:04 am »

There's a build on build.mifki.com for 0.43.05 Windows 64bit.

Fantastic!  Are you planning to do 32-bit versions as well?
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 184