Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763521 times)

Lamandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Diagnostican
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2160 on: February 21, 2017, 01:10:57 am »

tested it up and down, didn't see any problems with it, working fine (Windows 64 bit)

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: March 02, 2017, 12:05:56 pm »

Has any progress been made on the 64-bit linux build of TWBT?  I tried following the instructions in PATCHES.md to find the offsets on my own, but I just can't seem to wrap my head around it.  It doesn't help that my main linux box won't run hopper and I'm forced into an underpowered VM to run it.

Sturmgeher

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: March 02, 2017, 06:27:34 pm »

Hi guys.

You got a nice plugin an to read about it is nice. But its not working and preventing me from using Df Masterwork.
I tried to solve the problem but failed.
The forum knows many threats about problems, they are dating far back.

I would like to know if there is a walk around.
DF crashes on starting the dwarf mode. dfhack gives an error on manually loading the plugin.
Log: Plugin twbt is broken - cannot be loaded

I tried other Versions od twbt but couldt get a hit.
I also found no option to simply put it off, but this maybe a problem for the masterwork-guys.

System is win 10 32bit, DF is 43.03 (Masterwork 1.23)

have a nice day
Sturmgeher

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: March 02, 2017, 06:38:08 pm »

Did you make sure you are using a 43.03 version of both DFHack and TWBT?  The latest versions are for 43.05 and won't work on 43.03.
Also, as a general Masterwork crashing thing, have you used Large Address Aware? That fixes a lot of crashing in Masterwork.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: March 04, 2017, 12:21:31 am »

Has any progress been made on the 64-bit linux build of TWBT?  I tried following the instructions in PATCHES.md to find the offsets on my own, but I just can't seem to wrap my head around it.  It doesn't help that my main linux box won't run hopper and I'm forced into an underpowered VM to run it.

I'm in a similar boat, the instructions are not step by step enough for someone who's never done it before.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: March 08, 2017, 12:58:50 pm »

anyone else know how to do this on linux that can explain it step by step?
I'd like to get the meph tileset working on 05, but even the main menu is unreadable without twbt

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: March 10, 2017, 11:46:58 am »

This was posted in the masterwork forum today.  I've never seen this before, but I've never reloaded dfhack from the console before.

Is this normal?
It should be the last version of the DFhack for 43.03 x32 versions.  the TWBT version in masterwork 1.23

I don't have experience in this, but I don't think the issue the player had was directly linked to this.  I personally just thought it was working as normal, I don't think it would be a good thing to shutdown TWBT in the middle of a running game, but apparently this is the same message the player received from the same command right after loading the game, when TWBT shutting down and restarting shouldn't be an issue.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 11:55:35 am by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2167 on: March 11, 2017, 05:07:05 am »

Linux binary is available on GitHub thanks to @hickop

This was posted in the masterwork forum today.  I've never seen this before, but I've never reloaded dfhack from the console before.

TWBT does not support unloading.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: March 14, 2017, 05:00:43 pm »

At first I was impressed.  Then I saw the top of a wall slightly overlap the dwarf behind it.  Now I am amazed.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: March 14, 2017, 05:20:09 pm »

At first I was impressed. Then I saw Rydel mention that the top of the wall slightly overlapped the dwarf behind it. After a quick double check I was amazed.

(good eye!)

This could be an interesting feature, depending on exactly how it works of course.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: March 14, 2017, 05:39:48 pm »

at first i was impressed, then i was unsure if i saw what i saw, then i read Rydel's comment and was amazed.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: March 15, 2017, 04:24:46 am »

Is that a mockup or functional?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: March 15, 2017, 06:15:40 am »

Is that a mockup or functional?

Functional, although not sure yet how much useful.
Stuff like this is usually not useful per. se. interesting/beautiful/pleasing etc...

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 184