Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 762016 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2190 on: April 09, 2017, 04:24:02 am »

You should copy the .so files to "df_linux/dfhack/plugins/", and edit "df_linux/data/init/init.txt" so that print_mode is TWBT.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

vanatteveldt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: April 09, 2017, 04:42:04 am »

Awesome, that worked
(using hack/plugins instead of dfhack/plugins)!  I love the more detailed pictures of e.g. different parts of armour, although I have to say the { and ( are difficult to distinguish from each other now:

One other thing that seems weird is that sometimes rough floors are given a smoothed look, and then if I move over them they disappear. On workshops it seems that it wants to give them a polished look (probably to not look out of place, but sometimes doesn't properly do so until I mouse over them.

Spoiler: screenshots (click to show/hide)

Did I do something wrong?

vanatteveldt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: April 09, 2017, 07:39:43 am »

Yup, that fixed it. Thanks!

vanatteveldt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: April 09, 2017, 08:49:41 am »

One more glitch:

On the stocks screen and the dfhack manipulator (therapist) screen there are a bunch of dwarfs drawn in a strange position. For the stocks I am guessing they should be in the position of the ASCII smiley face dwarfs, and maybe for manipulator they should go with the columns? In the stocks screen its mostly harmless, but in the manipulator screen it's annoying as it makes one row difficult to read:

Spoiler: screenshots (click to show/hide)

I'm using a tiliing window manager (i3), and I also noted that after installing twbt df starts with a half-empty window until I resize, so maybe twbt has my resolution wrong?

I tried resizing, full screen, making the window floating, changing zoom level and scrolling in the manipulator, and toggling the redraw_all, but the dwarfs pictures stay in place.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2195 on: April 10, 2017, 04:03:45 am »

Edit: I figured it might be simpler to just include the graphics in the zip, so I went ahead and re-uploaded the file in case it helps. If that was unnecessary, feel free to ignore it.

Actually, maybe you can upload entire DF folder (without other saves to reduce size)? I quickly tried on couple computers and it didn't crash so far, just want to make sure everything is the same, like plugins, dfhack.init and so on.

Nobak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: April 10, 2017, 07:52:11 pm »

Actually, maybe you can upload entire DF folder (without other saves to reduce size)? I quickly tried on couple computers and it didn't crash so far, just want to make sure everything is the same, like plugins, dfhack.init and so on.

I've updated the file again.

At this point I think I'll also try and run it from work, to see first-hand how it behaves on a different machine.

Update: I'm getting a crash at work too. The two machines probably don't have much in common besides running Windows 10.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 09:12:44 pm by Nobak »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2197 on: April 11, 2017, 10:01:59 pm »

Update: I'm getting a crash at work too. The two machines probably don't have much in common besides running Windows 10.

Oh well.. I still can't get it to crash neither on win7 nor on win10, both running in VMs though, I need to find a physical windows pc to try. At which point of loading a save does it crash?

Nobak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: April 12, 2017, 08:15:21 pm »

Oh well.. I still can't get it to crash neither on win7 nor on win10, both running in VMs though, I need to find a physical windows pc to try. At which point of loading a save does it crash?

At the very end, when it transitions to the actual game. The music changes to the in-game music for maybe half a second before it crashes.

Abalieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: April 17, 2017, 06:38:15 pm »

So is it correct that all versions of TWBT work ONLY on 64bit for 43.05 Windows?

PLEASE MENTION IT SOMEWHERE.
 HRose / Abalieno
cesspit.net

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: April 17, 2017, 07:18:11 pm »

There are OSX and Linux versions on the releases page, though the current release doesn't appear to have a Linux version yet.
IIRC, Windows isn't even the primary development platform

Each release of TWBT supports one version of DF, which is listed on the release page.  To work on an older version of DF, you'll need to use an older version of both TWBT and DFHack.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2201 on: April 17, 2017, 07:38:48 pm »

Each release of TWBT supports one version of DF, which is listed on the release page.  To work on an older version of DF, you'll need to use an older version of both TWBT and DFHack.

He's talking about 32/64 bit support, not versions.

Abalieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: April 17, 2017, 07:39:56 pm »

Each release of TWBT supports one version of DF, which is listed on the release page.

No.

Support for DF/DFHack 0.43.05-beta1

It doesn't say it only supports the 64bit one, and one assumes it works on both.
 HRose / Abalieno
cesspit.net

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: April 28, 2017, 03:53:50 pm »

Subcolors don't work.
TWBTnext:

Normal:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 03:55:26 pm by waterphage13 »
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 184