Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763364 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2235 on: August 05, 2017, 07:11:19 pm »

Is there anything logged to the DFHack console on startup?

You might not have set your print mode setting to TWBT (that should be in the launcher). TWBT should log something on startup if that's the case, but there could be another issue.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: August 05, 2017, 07:20:43 pm »

Print mode is set to TWBT in the init.txt, yes. The only thing logged in the console is what you can see in the screenshot- just a generic error about an onLoad.init-example, which I assume is unrelated.

I will say that the tileset I am using is very old (JollyBastion) and not supported for this version of DF, but my understanding of TWBT is that it shouldn't matter, since the whole point of it is to fix this problem with tilesets replacing their letters with graphics.

My settings in the raw:

[FONT:jolly9x12.png]
[FULLFONT:jolly9x12.png]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:curses_square_16x16.png]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:curses_square_16x16.png]

Does this look correct?

--------

Just coming back to say I figured out the problem, I think. So because the Jolly Bastion tileset has no seperate text-only version, that's why it can't find certain letters/punctuation that aren't graphical tiles. In order to fix that I would somehow need to create a seperate file that only has the Jolly Bastion alphabet. I tracked down the font (SMW2: Yoshi's Island) and tried using the Font Generator Tool, but I couldn't figure out how to get it to use the Yoshi font that I had downloaded and installed onto my system. Maybe I need to reboot before it works, so I'll try it again tomorrow.

Anyway, all that is to say TWBT is working properly, I think? Problem appears to be user error. Sorry to trouble you. :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 10:28:47 pm by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2237 on: August 06, 2017, 04:43:07 am »

It should be the other way round - FONT is set to text font (curses), and GRAPHICS_FONT set to tileset you like. Unless that was intentional and you want to use JollyBastion as the text font.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: August 06, 2017, 05:29:03 pm »

e: nvm, didn't read up on posts on this page.

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #2239 on: August 06, 2017, 06:04:03 pm »

When AdvFort is activated while using TWBT, everything becomes black, however movement is still a thing and is registered, it's just that there's no tiles.
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: August 06, 2017, 09:21:48 pm »

It should be the other way round - FONT is set to text font (curses), and GRAPHICS_FONT set to tileset you like. Unless that was intentional and you want to use JollyBastion as the text font.

Yes I wanted to use JollyBastion's font and graphics, but also wanted to avoid the common "fullstop = box" etc issues that graphical tilesets often have. But I misunderstood what the tool was capable of and didn't realise what I was trying to do was impossible.

--

Ok, so I'm in a real confusion about how this works. Let's say I'm using Phoebus 16x16 for the graphics_font and Curses 16x16 for the font. I'm testing with Phoebus right now because it's a default that came with the pack and is presumably tested and should work.

So If I do that (graphics = Phoebus, font = Curses) all the graphics look like basic ASCII and the ground looks like periods.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But if I use Curses for the graphics_font and Phoebus for the font, I get the tileset graphics, but the alphabet suffers from square-box syndrome.

So... I'm sorry if I'm doing something very stupid, but I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong here. Could some kind soul please guide me on how to get the nice graphics of Phoebus, including the smooth non-period floors because they hurt my eyes, but have a full set of working letters/punctuation for the text?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 11:26:22 pm by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2241 on: August 06, 2017, 11:36:21 pm »

Ok, so I'm in a real confusion about how this works. Let's say I'm using Phoebus 16x16 for the graphics_font and Curses 16x16 for the font. I'm testing with Phoebus right now because it's a default that came with the pack and is presumably tested and should work.

Can you post your full init.txt and copy or screenshot of dfhack console?

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: August 07, 2017, 03:03:02 pm »

Certainly. I'll show how they look in both configurations. I'm using the PyLNP launcher to make these adjustments btw, if that helps at all with the troubleshooting.

So here is font = curses, graphics = phoebus:
Spoiler: screenshot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: init.txt (click to show/hide)

And this one is font = phoebus and graphics = curses:
Spoiler: screenshot (click to show/hide)

Thank you for taking a look :)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2243 on: August 07, 2017, 05:21:05 pm »

Certainly. I'll show how they look in both configurations. I'm using the PyLNP launcher to make these adjustments btw, if that helps at all with the troubleshooting.

GRAPHICS should be set to YES. It may be unclear (although logical - GRAPHICS_FONT is used only when GRAPHICS is YES), and in the next version (that is, Next, you can as well try it http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=163298.0) it is not required.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: August 07, 2017, 06:18:02 pm »

Omg. I didn't even realise it wasn't set to 'yes' already, I guess I just assumed PyLNP would have done that automatically when changing the graphics settings. But you know what they say about assumptions. :)

Thanks for the help, mifki. That solved the problem and now everything looks lovely. You're the best!

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: August 11, 2017, 09:47:16 pm »

When AdvFort is activated while using TWBT, everything becomes black, however movement is still a thing and is registered, it's just that there's no tiles.
This is my view (I kid you not, that is in fact a name in the generated language)

« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 09:53:42 pm by Jerry The Hellbound »
Jerry.
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2246 on: August 12, 2017, 05:40:58 am »

This is my view (I kid you not, that is in fact a name in the generated language)

Sorry, all I can say now is that advfort isn't supported. I'll take a look once I have time.

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: August 12, 2017, 07:20:35 pm »

Thank you.
Jerry.

kotler

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: September 19, 2017, 07:28:55 pm »

Hello!

should I make bugreports about 5.x version, if 6.x version fixes problem ?

Black screen with dfhack plugins:
(1) gui/mechanisms: [q] on lever, then type `gui/mechanisms` in console (or [ctrl]+[m] by default in PyLNP)
(2) devel/unit-path: [v] on creature, then type `devel/unit-path` in console

problem actual for TWBT v.5.86. In TWBT.NEXT v6.20 all works fine
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 07:43:48 pm by kotler »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: September 19, 2017, 09:26:18 pm »

That's how those tools always worked with TWBT pre-6.x, from what I understand. It would require extra effort to fix in TWBT 5.x too.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 184