Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763589 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2265 on: November 24, 2017, 05:31:23 am »

Mifki, quick question - can you cut a release to support DFHack 43.05-r3, or will we have to wait for DFHack on 44.xx?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2266 on: November 24, 2017, 06:09:02 am »

Mifki, quick question - can you cut a release to support DFHack 43.05-r3, or will we have to wait for DFHack on 44.xx?

I need to fix my build system after OS update and all, and I'll make it.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: December 04, 2017, 12:15:25 am »

Multi-layer rendering looks pretty awesome. It looks like no changes are needed to the main tilesheet so TWBT-Next packs will still work fine without TWBT installed. Is it okay to use your example files as a base for updating SpaceFox with with TWBT-Next support?

What are these two files used for? Do I need to include them in packs or make any changes to them for anything?
  • transparent1px.png
  • white1px.png
Dumb question, but does bitness matter with the TWBT plugin? Does TWBT work with both 32-bit and 64-bit DFHack / DwarfFortress?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: December 04, 2017, 01:31:24 am »

Dumb question, but does bitness matter with the TWBT plugin? Does TWBT work with both 32-bit and 64-bit DFHack / DwarfFortress?
It has to match DFHack and DF (so do all plugins). Also, Mifki only provides 64-bit builds and support.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: December 04, 2017, 05:31:44 am »

Multi-layer rendering looks pretty awesome. It looks like no changes are needed to the main tilesheet so TWBT-Next packs will still work fine without TWBT installed. Is it okay to use your example files as a base for updating SpaceFox with with TWBT-Next support?

What are these two files used for? Do I need to include them in packs or make any changes to them for anything?
  • transparent1px.png
  • white1px.png

Jecowa - Spacefox-next version he put in there is way incomplete compared to the fulll spacefox pack... and it really only changes a handful of things (switches, boulders, and a few others as a technical display) I went back and buffered all the other stuff usually in a spacefox folder, into a version I have in LDF.  I meant to do the same for MMDF before I stopped production, just saying.  I also thought about going back and doing all the masks for the other items but never got to it.  Really I would love to see a spacefox-next that was complete.... but also a spacefox that didn't need so many overrides ( I know thats a lot to ask for ).
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2271 on: December 04, 2017, 03:07:53 pm »

• transparent1px.png
  • white1px.png

They're included in TWBT package. You shouldn't change them, consider them internal TWBT stuff.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: December 07, 2017, 07:02:02 pm »

Should I design tiles for Pedestals and Display Cases as if they would be visible below the items that they are displaying? (For the TWBT NExt / multi-layer rendering feature.)

Lamandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Diagnostican
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: December 08, 2017, 09:29:52 am »

Hi, is there an update for the new a dfhack alpha for 44.02 planned?

endoftheline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: December 08, 2017, 09:42:08 am »

Linux patch is already in git. TWBT seems to work fine, but I did notice a few bugs while running dfhack, so don't expect a perfect experience.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: December 08, 2017, 10:22:18 am »

Linux patch is already in git. TWBT seems to work fine, but I did notice a few bugs while running dfhack, so don't expect a perfect experience.
What bugs, exactly? Could you please report them in the DFHack thread or repo if they're DFHack-specific? (That's the reason that DFHack release was put up.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

endoftheline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: December 08, 2017, 10:32:59 am »

What bugs, exactly? Could you please report them in the DFHack thread or repo if they're DFHack-specific? (That's the reason that DFHack release was put up.)

Only one I've managed to isolate so far is getting divine metal as layer material in worldgen, but I've had 5 out of 100 worldgens crash somehow, which I haven't got around to reproduce yet. I'll submit the divine mat thing in a bit, I wasn't sure if develop was in good state enough yet to submit bugs for it.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2277 on: December 08, 2017, 05:51:50 pm »

Divine layer materials is most likely a result of duplicated raws, often caused by (tileset-related) patching programs that leave behind backup copies of the files they changed. If your "errorlog.txt" contains any "duplicate object" errors, check your raw/objects/ directory and make sure there are no such backup files present (and if there are, delete them before generating your next world).
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 05:53:23 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: December 09, 2017, 01:13:31 pm »

Just thought you'd like to know that Phoebus and Spacefox have very basic TwbT-Next support. They're not enabled by default since they're not extensively tested, though.
To use, you have to switch your GRAPHICS_FONT to to "Phoebus_16x16_Next.png" or "Spacefox_16x16_Next.png". "Phoebus_16x16_4K.png" and "Spacefox_16x16_4K.png" will also do it too (they're just 200% nearest-neighbor upscales for people with hi-res displays.)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2279 on: December 09, 2017, 07:47:27 pm »

Version 6.23 is available for 0.44.02-alpha1. I've also updated the patch instructions, they we old and didn't match the current 64bit code.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 184