Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763388 times)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2295 on: December 15, 2017, 04:15:23 pm »

Hopefully this is the right place to mention this, but I'm having issues while using TWBT on the newest DF version (using the Alpha of DF Hack).  When I set my game to play in a window and use TWBT, it cuts some off of the top and bottom of the window....it looks like about the size of the window title bar.  I noticed this because the FPS counter gets blocked out.

If I change to TWBT Classic, 2D, etc then the screen fits in the window fine.  TWBT works fine in full screen as well, it's only cut off in the windowed mode.  I've attempted changing the init.txt to different values for the windowed mode and it doesn't correct the issue.  Any ideas on what's going on?  I can provide screenshots if you like.

A screenshot would help if possible.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2296 on: December 16, 2017, 12:59:33 am »

Just to get this back to your attention:
Hi there again!
Have posted this problem a while ago, but looks like it's still here:

Humanoid (animal persons, dwarfs, humans etc) corpse overrides doesn't work in DF 0.42.06. Other corpses override fine. Problem exists at least from 0.42.05, but everything worked fine in 0.40.24. Tested it on mine Set, SpaceFox and GemSet using manual installation and LNP. These overrides didn't change since 0.40.24.

PS: removing [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON] from animal person "fixes" the problem.

It's still true with the current version. I tested it on pets, works. Tested on civ-member, does not work.

I also tested TWBT-Next on vermin and pets. Sadly it doesn't work... no transparency, instead I get the usual black background. It would be fantastic if it would work on vermin, since they are tiny and move a lot... which makes the black background stand out the most.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: December 16, 2017, 09:03:04 am »

The one consolation about vermin being unable to use creature graphics is that hopefully it will allow them to utilize multi-layer rendering on the main tilesheet.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2298 on: December 16, 2017, 04:39:39 pm »

Just to get this back to your attention:
Hi there again!
Have posted this problem a while ago, but looks like it's still here:

Humanoid (animal persons, dwarfs, humans etc) corpse overrides doesn't work in DF 0.42.06. Other corpses override fine. Problem exists at least from 0.42.05, but everything worked fine in 0.40.24. Tested it on mine Set, SpaceFox and GemSet using manual installation and LNP. These overrides didn't change since 0.40.24.

PS: removing [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON] from animal person "fixes" the problem.

It's still true with the current version. I tested it on pets, works. Tested on civ-member, does not work.

I also tested TWBT-Next on vermin and pets. Sadly it doesn't work... no transparency, instead I get the usual black background. It would be fantastic if it would work on vermin, since they are tiny and move a lot... which makes the black background stand out the most.

I'm not sure about corpses, need to investigate how it works at all. But vermin and pets should work, they're definitely among the classes I override rendering of to implement transparency. I'll check them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2299 on: December 20, 2017, 10:22:53 am »

Any news on the 44.02 update? :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: December 20, 2017, 11:06:25 am »

DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2301 on: December 20, 2017, 11:31:28 am »

https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/releases
That one doesn't fully work. Workshop overrides don't function, because the new display-case workshop messes things up. It breaks all workshop overrides, including custom workshops and the embark wagon.

AikonCWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: December 20, 2017, 12:07:17 pm »

https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/releases
That one doesn't fully work. Workshop overrides don't function, because the new display-case workshop messes things up. It breaks all workshop overrides, including custom workshops and the embark wagon.
It's a dfhack's fault, not twbt. We need to wait for a new dfhack update.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: December 20, 2017, 01:35:01 pm »

Right, but both DFHack and TWBT will need to be compiled (because TWBT included the inaccurate building_other_id's as well). Were you asking if there was a fix for that issue yet? I thought you were just asking if a build for 0.44.02 existed, which it does.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2304 on: December 20, 2017, 02:12:23 pm »

Sorry if I was unclear. I'm looking for a fix for that issue.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2306 on: December 20, 2017, 03:49:38 pm »

Fantastic. Thank you so much! It works perfectly.

Edit: Tested it thoroughly, there are a few minor bugs, especially when several overrides happen on the same tile. I identified 5 sources, besides the "doesn't work on vermin/creatures":

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not sure if any of them can be fixed. They are not a big issue, I'm very happy with how most thing look ingame now. The only one that I see often ingame is when you make a stockpile over a plant... the stockpile sprite disappears and shows the plant instead, which looks a bit odd. But still works perfectly well as stockpile and reverts back once an item is put on the tile.

I once asked you about an upper limit on tilesets in data/art. Could you elaborate on that? How many sets it too many? I have 10 sets at 512*512px at the moment. I could easily get to 15, if I continue making things transparent.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 11:27:22 pm by Meph »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2307 on: December 21, 2017, 08:58:43 am »

That's great that you provided examples but makes difficult to quote:)

1. "Transparency on top of terrain features". I didn't quite understand what this means, sorry.

2. "Multilevel breaks transparency". This should definitely work, I'll check.

3. "Contaminants cancel overrides". Do contaminants change tile symbol? I thought they just changed colour, in which case I'm not sure why it breaks overrides.

4. "Transparency in workshops". Workshop transparency is currently disabled. I think the reason for this was that I tried playing with it enabled and it was very very difficult to notice workshops on the grass. Of course it depends on tileset used and workshop type, but I thought it would be better to not make changes to workshop rendering at all rather than make it worse. Also, I sort of would expect workshops in RL to not be just objects placed on the ground and to have if not flooring but at least something which would make workshop tiles in game in turn have their own background. So we need some decision here or a way for tileset authors to control this (and I guess for some other types of buildings too, stockpiles maybe).

5. "Items on slopes". This is strange, I'll check it.

Can you upload the save you used to make these screenshots, including raw folder and art/init folders?

The limits question is more important. There's no fixed number, it depends on graphics card used. I think all currently used cards should support texture size 4096x4096 or at least 2048x2048. This gives 64 512x512 sheets or at least 16 sheets. It may seem ok then, but this also includes all creature graphics, so I really need to find a way to split tiles into several GPU textures and not worry about limits anymore.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2308 on: December 21, 2017, 09:18:10 am »

That's great that you provided examples but makes difficult to quote:)

1. "Transparency on top of terrain features". I didn't quite understand what this means, sorry.
If an item that uses transparency, lets say a "spear" is on top of a floor tile that already shows an override, lets say a naturally grown "pig tail", then the pig tail does not show it's override tile, but the tile from the original DF tileset. It looks as if it was never overridden at all.

2. "Multilevel breaks transparency". This should definitely work, I'll check.
It might be that transparency works, but shows the background color of the open-space (which is solid black) on the current level, instead of the background of the tile below.

3. "Contaminants cancel overrides". Do contaminants change tile symbol? I thought they just changed colour, in which case I'm not sure why it breaks overrides.
They should only change color. I'm confused by this as well. I first saw it happen in trees, after leaves fell in autumn. Later I noticed the walls in a cavern, and the only difference with "a splatter of blood". Cleaning it resets it. No idea if all contaminants do this, or if it's only for specific tiles.

4. "Transparency in workshops". Workshop transparency is currently disabled. I think the reason for this was that I tried playing with it enabled and it was very very difficult to notice workshops on the grass. Of course it depends on tileset used and workshop type, but I thought it would be better to not make changes to workshop rendering at all rather than make it worse. Also, I sort of would expect workshops in RL to not be just objects placed on the ground and to have if not flooring but at least something which would make workshop tiles in game in turn have their own background. So we need some decision here or a way for tileset authors to control (and I guess for some other types of buildings too, stockpiles maybe).
Ok, and no problem at all. I think the best case would be to not make workshop tiles transparent.
A. I can simply make tiles for them with a nice background,
B. they look more distinct/clearer if they are set apart from the background color, and
C. DF already has a fully transparent tile for workshops, if people really want to it; for example for magma/water access underneath.

5. "Items on slopes". This is strange, I'll check it.
Tested it again, it falls under category 1. The item is on top of the slope. The slope already uses an override. Since an item using transparency is on top of an tile with an override, the override doesn't work anymore and shows the original tile in the background. Same case as in 1.

Can you upload the save you used to make these screenshots, including raw folder and art/init folders?
I used several different saves. Which cases do you want to look at? All five?

The limits question is more important. There's no fixed number, it depends on graphics card used. I think all currently used cards should support texture size 4096x4096 or at least 2048x2048. This gives 64 512x512 sheets or at least 16 sheets. It may seem ok then, but this also includes all creature graphics, so I really need to find a way to split tiles into several GPU textures and not worry about limits anymore.
WOW, the creature graphics too? For references: I have 5 civ-sheets which are almost the same size as a tileset, and 38 files with creature sprites for animals. So, 15-25 tilesets, 5 civ-sheets, 28 animal sheets. Just within the limit, especially considering the animal sheets are usually smaller than 512x512.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 184