Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763559 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2310 on: December 21, 2017, 10:33:10 am »

As ordered: Download on DFFD. I uploaded everything, game, save and dfhack/twbt.

I created a new save and replicated both bugs. It's DF 44.02 with the newest dfhack alpha and TWBT 6.26. When you open the save, you look right at it.

Here is a screenshot:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I would love to say that the "item on override tile" bug isn't really that bad, but... siege engines, machines and minecarts/tracks do look really odd due to it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2311 on: December 23, 2017, 06:13:41 pm »

Here is a screenshot:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've fixed 1. - want to do some optimisations and will release a new version then. However, why do you need to override up-ramps at all?

And spatters in 2. seem to change tile symbol, you can see that if you disable TWBT. But the spatters on the right don't change tile. Don't know why, but that's the reason overrides don't work for the wall.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2312 on: December 23, 2017, 08:49:34 pm »

Up ramps? the tile shares: "Head of Ballista arrow facing north" and "ramp".

It also frees up more space in the main tileset, which can then be used for things that can't use overrides, like vermin or creature tiles.

If you fixed 1., do items that are carried fixed too? It was kinda the same bug... I noticed first with eggs/boulders, which share a tile number. No matter what I did, either eggs in nestboxes looked like boulders, or boulders carried by dwarves looked like eggs. Or both like boulders, or both like eggs. ^^
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2313 on: December 24, 2017, 07:58:34 am »

If you fixed 1., do items that are carried fixed too? It was kinda the same bug... I noticed first with eggs/boulders, which share a tile number. No matter what I did, either eggs in nestboxes looked like boulders, or boulders carried by dwarves looked like eggs. Or both like boulders, or both like eggs. ^^

1. was about items on top of overridden terrain tiles. Carried items may be different, I need to check.

Evillee03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: December 25, 2017, 12:38:14 am »

Always crashes on me when travelling

Lamandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Diagnostican
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: December 26, 2017, 12:34:33 pm »

heads up, new DF-Hack version got released 20 min ago. An update would be superb.

endoftheline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: December 26, 2017, 12:39:57 pm »

heads up, new DF-Hack version got released 20 min ago. An update would be superb.

Updating TWBT takes some extra work. Anyway OSX patch is already upstream, I've made a PR for the linux patch, but no windows one yet AFAIK.

Lamandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Diagnostican
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: December 26, 2017, 01:03:48 pm »

Updating TWBT takes some extra work. Anyway OSX patch is already upstream, I've made a PR for the linux patch, but no windows one yet AFAIK.

no sweat. I love what you do for the project and for the community. I am a modder myself (other games), users like me can be tireing, I don't want to be ^^ I am only afraid the new update (of DF-H) may fall under the radar (which rarely occures).

My fort right now takes enough time to let all those 200 visitors out again... so this can happen in ascii.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2319 on: December 28, 2017, 06:13:51 pm »

On the 44.02 windows 6.26 twbt build the custom workshop overrides seem not to work. I know you did some work on the buildings because of the display case...

Anyway, it seems that they work for vanilla workshops, like
Code: [Select]
[OVERRIDE:236:B:WORKSHOP_KITCHEN:Workshop::_MDF_overrides_1:155:16] but they dont work for custom workshops, like
[OVERRIDE:164:B:WORKSHOP_CUSTOM:Workshop:GARDEN_SMALL_PLANT:_MDF_overrides_4:164]
Anything wrong in the syntax you could see? in this example, GARDEN_SMALL_PLANT is the workshop ID from the raws.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: December 28, 2017, 07:08:20 pm »

The subtype must be a number. But I don't think it is going to help you. I think all custom workshops have subtype 23 (Soap Maker and Screw Press have it). You can leave it empty but the override will apply to all custom workshop.

I guess you can work around that by changing the tiles in the raw with something not used by any other custom workshop.

Edit: Nevermind, there is a special case for custom workshop/furnace. I don't see what you did wrong then.
Edit2: Try running this dfhack script while selecting the custom workshop.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 07:35:17 pm by Clément »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: December 29, 2017, 03:01:24 am »

I was away for several days, version 6.27 is available now for 0.44.03-alpha1

Oh, nice!

4. "Transparency in workshops". Workshop transparency is currently disabled. I think the reason for this was that I tried playing with it enabled and it was very very difficult to notice workshops on the grass. Of course it depends on tileset used and workshop type, but I thought it would be better to not make changes to workshop rendering at all rather than make it worse. Also, I sort of would expect workshops in RL to not be just objects placed on the ground and to have if not flooring but at least something which would make workshop tiles in game in turn have their own background. So we need some decision here or a way for tileset authors to control this…

What's the disadvantage of letting tileset authors control this? I think it would be nice to have the option. You could make a carpentier's shop with a saw-dust-covered natural floor (light-brown pixels spread out over whatever floor is beneath it.) I think people want transparent backgrounds. In Doren's workshop overrides in Phoebus, for example, he used the normal Phoebus smooth floor tile as the background so it would blend in better with the floors it would probably be used with most. Even though it makes workshops harder too see, I think it'd be cool to be able to have workshop tiles sitting on the grass. Having a tile floor out in the grass seems kind of strange. A partially-transparent background for workshops might be a nice middle-ground to have them be a bit more visible, but still have them blend in pretty good.

…(and I guess for some other types of buildings too, stockpiles maybe).

I think stockpiles should definitely support multi-layered rendering. Someone was asking recently about a way to make stockpiles invisible. And it looks like TWBT even allows stuff to be only partially-transparent. A partially-transparent stockpile might be nice.

The limits question is more important. There's no fixed number, it depends on graphics card used. I think all currently used cards should support texture size 4096x4096 or at least 2048x2048. This gives 64 512x512 sheets or at least 16 sheets. It may seem ok then, but this also includes all creature graphics, so I really need to find a way to split tiles into several GPU textures and not worry about limits anymore.

As it is, my laptop can't run three graphics packs: Meph, Mayday, and (I think) DungeonSet. But if I delete the creature graphics, it fixes it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2323 on: December 29, 2017, 03:06:58 am »

What are the Building IDs and Building Types for the new Pedestal and Display Case buildings?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: December 29, 2017, 03:35:14 am »

What are the Building IDs and Building Types for the new Pedestal and Display Case buildings?

They both seem to use this:
[OVERRIDE:<old_tile>:B:DISPLAY_CASE:DisplayFurniture::<tileset>:<new_tile>]

Maybe a subtype will let you select a particular one.

Thanks to Clément for the spell.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 184