Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763579 times)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2340 on: December 29, 2017, 06:57:51 pm »

Apparently there's an issue with multilevel and transparency in some cases, just saying that I'm aware of it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2341 on: December 31, 2017, 08:37:28 am »

I noticed something strange related to vermin and transparency. It sometimes works.

If the vermin is on top of a floor, it does not work.
If the vermin is on top of another item, it does work, but shows the floor instead of the item.

Example above has a worm on the same tile as a nestbox, and voilą, the vermin has transparency.

Maybe it helps you figuring out creature transparency.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2342 on: December 31, 2017, 07:57:52 pm »

Version 6.30 has unit and workshop transparency support. Thanks to Toady for exposing the required methods of the unit class.

Enabled with "twbt unit_transparency 1" and "twbt workshop_transparency 1" commands.

Happy New Year!

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: December 31, 2017, 09:45:17 pm »

Version 6.30 has unit and workshop transparency support. Thanks to Toady for exposing the required methods of the unit class.

Enabled with "twbt unit_transparency 1" and "twbt workshop_transparency 1" commands.

Happy New Year!

Oh, nice! Does version 6.30 use DFHack 0.44.03-beta1?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2344 on: December 31, 2017, 10:01:42 pm »

Happy New Year!

Oh, nice! Does version 6.30 use DFHack 0.44.03-beta1?

Yes.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2345 on: January 01, 2018, 04:32:13 pm »

Fantastic, I'll do some tests ride away. :)

Btw, is there any reason there are overrides for magma-smelters and magma-forges, but not for magma-kilns or magma-glass-furnaces?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: January 01, 2018, 05:06:48 pm »

Thank you for your outstanding work.
I still do not understand - for creatures need to have a file -bg or not? Because it works without it.

I noticed that creature on overridden tiles is not displayed exactly as expected. Below is an example where a dwarf passes through a bridge, but in the background a sprite of wall is displayed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: January 01, 2018, 05:30:44 pm »

Thank you for your outstanding work.
I still do not understand - for creatures need to have a file -bg or not? Because it works without it.

I noticed that creature on overridden tiles is not displayed exactly as expected. Below is an example where a dwarf passes through a bridge, but in the background a sprite of wall is displayed.

Mifki figured out how to interact with creatures in TWBT?? I thought it was impossible?

Edit: Oh, here's the release notes for it:

It's off by default, so I guess unit transparency has a similar drawback to transparency in workshop:
However as it is now, there are two layers only - terrain and an item/building/unit(soon). So currently it can't be terrain then a semi-transparent stockpile, then an item. Maybe at some point I'll rewrite it to support rendering any number of tiles one on top of another (or at least three).
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 05:36:00 pm by jecowa »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2348 on: January 01, 2018, 05:47:37 pm »

Vordak: Any tile using transparency, on top of another tile using an override, will lead to a display error for the override. Creatures on bridges, items carried, items on plants... small price to pay.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: January 01, 2018, 05:56:28 pm »

So if you have unit transparency enabled, when a dwarf walks over a tile while holding something, that tile will revert to the tile from the main graphics tilesheet. Is that right?

So if I don't override any ground tiles except for the bridge, then the only time unit transparency causes the background to revert is when the unit walks on a bridge?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2350 on: January 01, 2018, 06:13:19 pm »

There should not be problems related specifically to transparency and overrides. If you think there are, send me your save/config/etc.

However there's a limitation that only two layers are rendered - so for terrain - building - unit it will be either terrain - unit (6.30) or building - unit (6.31). Yes I uploaded version 6.31 to try and see the difference. Can't do anything about it until I implement rendering of all three layers. The same with items by the way.

Creatures don't require -bg because there's no easy way for me to implement loading of such files, so for now creatures just won't show bg colour. That's why unit transparency is disabled by default.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2351 on: January 01, 2018, 06:22:35 pm »

So if you have unit transparency enabled, when a dwarf walks over a tile while holding something, that tile will revert to the tile from the main graphics tilesheet. Is that right?

So if I don't override any ground tiles except for the bridge, then the only time unit transparency causes the background to revert is when the unit walks on a bridge?
Or if they walk over a plant. Or over an item. Or a corpse. Or a ramp. Walk around in a tree. Are in combat, on the same tile as another unit. Ride a minecart. etc.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2352 on: January 01, 2018, 06:28:25 pm »

Mifki, about the workshops... is there any chance to override their tiles based on x/y position instead of tile number?

The hardcoded workshops usually only offer 3-5 tiles to override, out of 9. The rest I can't touch with tile numbers. I did my best, and the results look like this:

Please look at the soap maker. It's the only one that allows replacing all 9 tiles. You see how large the difference is. It would make workshops so much clearer to spot and so much easier to design if all could be made like this.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: January 01, 2018, 06:41:31 pm »

DragonDePlatino was also wanting to have more control over workshop overrides:

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: January 01, 2018, 07:32:25 pm »

Vordak: Any tile using transparency, on top of another tile using an override, will lead to a display error for the override. Creatures on bridges, items carried, items on plants...
Or if they walk over a plant. Or over an item. Or a corpse. Or a ramp. Walk around in a tree. Are in combat, on the same tile as another unit. Ride a minecart. etc.
small price to pay.

Yeah, it doesn't seem that big of a deal if one of the items they are standing on becomes obscured. It's not going to be very visible anyway, and it's much better than the alternative of not having creature transparency at all.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 184