Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763361 times)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2385 on: January 10, 2018, 03:18:09 am »

Yeah eventually I'll also update TWBT to use shaders so that more effects and maybe even a plugin architecture are possible.

As for rendering levels above, it should be easy to do, well, just modify twbt to render levels above as well and give them some transparency. However I'm not sure it will work well in general case - trees look fine but what about everything else?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2386 on: January 10, 2018, 03:24:40 am »

Would be really hard to do, considering that most tiles above a fort are solid, unrevealed rock.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: January 10, 2018, 04:34:34 am »

Would be really hard to do, considering that most tiles above a fort are solid, unrevealed rock.

That is easy: don't draw unrevealed tiles. The hard part is e.g. if it's dug out space. What then? You could make area around the cursor transparent but again...

Imho it needs some visual effect to make it useful.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2388 on: January 10, 2018, 05:22:29 am »

If you need any special sprites for it, just let me know.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

point08

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: January 10, 2018, 12:19:47 pm »

Hopefully this is the right place to mention this, but I'm having issues while using TWBT on the newest DF version (using the Alpha of DF Hack).  When I set my game to play in a window and use TWBT, it cuts some off of the top and bottom of the window....it looks like about the size of the window title bar.  I noticed this because the FPS counter gets blocked out.

If I change to TWBT Classic, 2D, etc then the screen fits in the window fine.  TWBT works fine in full screen as well, it's only cut off in the windowed mode.  I've attempted changing the init.txt to different values for the windowed mode and it doesn't correct the issue.  Any ideas on what's going on?  I can provide screenshots if you like.

A screenshot would help if possible.

I waited till the new starter pack just to be sure I wasn't messing anything up.  Here are two screenshots in windowed mode (I couldn't get a screenshot using alt-prntscrn in full screen, but there is no problem in fullscreen).

I did these in spoiler tags since they're large images.  This first one shows the 2D "control" shot with the FPS counter showing and no text being cropped out.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is the TWBT windowed screenshot showing the top and bottom cropped.  The bottom you can see the version number is cut, and on the top you can see the "Slaves to Armok" title and everything above it cropped.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hopefully I did it the right way, I'm going to tell the post to alert me to replies this time. :-)

point08

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: January 10, 2018, 12:34:49 pm »

Hopefully I did it the right way, I'm going to tell the post to alert me to replies this time. :-)

I ended up having to zoom my browser to see the entire screenshot, the forum was cropping the right side of each (which was masking the missing words at the bottom right of the screenie)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2391 on: January 10, 2018, 01:01:43 pm »

point08: Try this: Right-click on the dwarffortress.exe; Properties; Open the Compability tab; tick the box that says something about "dpi scaling".

For more reading: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3025083/windows-scaling-issues-for-high-dpi-devices

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: January 10, 2018, 01:05:00 pm »

Did you change your "Font" tilesheet to Curses, or did it come that way? For some reason Meph also had its Font tilesheet changed to Curses in the latest starter pack. It looks like you're using Phoebus. Go into the "Customize" sub-tab of the "Graphics" tan and change your "Font" tilesheet to Jecobus_12x16.png (or something like that). That might fix the cropping issue.

point08

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: January 10, 2018, 01:16:03 pm »

Did you change your "Font" tilesheet to Curses, or did it come that way? For some reason Meph also had its Font tilesheet changed to Curses in the latest starter pack. It looks like you're using Phoebus. Go into the "Customize" sub-tab of the "Graphics" tan and change your "Font" tilesheet to Jecobus_12x16.png (or something like that). That might fix the cropping issue.

I didn't have that specific Font tilesheet, but I tried all of the other ones that come with LNP by default, and some were better about the cropping, but it existed in all of them.

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: January 11, 2018, 08:44:45 am »

Warmist, now all we need is rendermax in twbt for fancy lighting. Do it! :P
I've tried to understand why it did not work, and what needed to be done to work and failed :|
is there a problem with taking twbt-rendered output and slapping calculated separately output of rendermax light engine on it as semitransparent mask of proper color (essentialy, just another tile override)?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: January 11, 2018, 09:10:12 am »

Warmist, now all we need is rendermax in twbt for fancy lighting. Do it! :P
I've tried to understand why it did not work, and what needed to be done to work and failed :|
is there a problem with taking twbt-rendered output and slapping calculated separately output of rendermax light engine on it as semitransparent mask of proper color (essentialy, just another tile override)?
Not really, just a problem of it's two very separate plugins. I've already done some work so that rendermax could be moved to a module and used by any other plugin (probably it would only be useful for twbt though). Also i've started redoing the lighting engine calculations so not sure in what state i left it :?

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: January 12, 2018, 12:53:46 am »

Bugreport
i got a problem with twbt's mousequery:
the "edge" feature only works on the left and the upper border, not on the right and lower border.
So the feature isn't fully broken, but maybe it now only works on 16:9 screens, but i use a 5:4 screen with 1280x1024 desktop and 1280x960 window.

Thanks for looking into this.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2397 on: January 12, 2018, 12:24:25 pm »

Mifki, did you ever add a command to disable twbt? Or is removing the twbt.dll from the plugins folder still the only way?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: January 12, 2018, 12:27:44 pm »

TWBT won't activate if the PRINT_MODE setting isn't TWBT (or TWBT_LEGACY).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2399 on: January 12, 2018, 12:30:35 pm »

Ah, perfect, thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 184