Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763438 times)

Earth Striker Lurin

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's Go to Work...
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2400 on: January 12, 2018, 09:12:08 pm »

I am nearly finished in updating my lazy newb pack for 44.04. (at least for the way I play, phoebus graphics, soundsense, and Therapist)  All that's missing is getting TWBT to run. Which may be why it hasn't updated yet.. As the latest only includes 0.44.03-beta1.

When I use that, it warns me that it wasn't built for this version.  Does that mean it will use it despite the error message?  Or does that mean it did not load the .dll's?

I normally don't care about such minor versions but this version solves some important bugs I was running into.
"So I looked to the left of me, looked to the right of me, raised the giant's severed arm above my head and said 'Let's go to work...'"   -- Lurin Diamondfist relating the time he had to mine without a pick axe.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: January 12, 2018, 09:34:02 pm »

That means it didn't load.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: January 13, 2018, 01:28:32 pm »

I discovered a weird behavior I cant really explain. When I move the view to the entrance of my fortress I see a line of statues 3 z levels down, with a transparent background so you can see the floor, picture below.

But when I move the view one step to the right using the arrow cursors of the keyboard the suddenly don't have a transparent background anymore

And when I enlarge the window X size, this effect happens earlier so it seems to have something to do with X window position of the tile
Y size change of the window doesn't affect it

Same issue, different scenario: two guys hauling, in this picture both are fine.

After pressing arrow down key only one is fine:

After pressing it again, both are not transparent anymore:

Note: the grey bars to the left and bottom indicate the window border
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 01:38:29 pm by Novaris »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: January 13, 2018, 03:45:22 pm »

I think that issue can be fixed with the "twbt redraw_all 1" command (without the quotes).

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: January 13, 2018, 05:35:57 pm »

Unfortunately not, i have this on by default

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2406 on: January 14, 2018, 05:35:55 am »

Transparency on lower levels is indeed may break when moving the view, I know, will fix once I have time. But I don't know what's happening to the hauling guys.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2407 on: January 14, 2018, 07:42:44 pm »

Does the redraw_all 1 mode cause some instability? I am getting reports about crashes when placing farm plots and custom workshops, which I can repeat. It's really strange since I did nothing to change them for many version (over a year)... but I noticed that I can't get the game to crash when I disable redraw_all. Thoughts?

Was on windows, dfhack beta for 44.03 with twbt 6.31.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: January 16, 2018, 02:53:56 pm »

Looking forward to next version of TWBT so I don't get stuck with random dudes hanging out at my next fort. I was looking around to try to get the values for patches.hpp myself but I can't find much using Cheat Engine to be able to tell.

endoftheline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: January 16, 2018, 03:11:10 pm »

Looking forward to next version of TWBT so I don't get stuck with random dudes hanging out at my next fort. I was looking around to try to get the values for patches.hpp myself but I can't find much using Cheat Engine to be able to tell.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13429

This has them, although you'll still need to edit them into the header and then compile TWBT yourself. I'll create a PR sometime tomorrow.

Note that I could only test the Linux patch, but the others look ok too.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: January 16, 2018, 03:23:04 pm »

This has them, although you'll still need to edit them into the header and then compile TWBT yourself. I'll create a PR sometime tomorrow.

Thanks! I was trying to see about possibly rendering upper levels with a sort of transparent screen effect (I was able to render upper levels but the rendering effect is beyond me at the moment and I came to the conclusion it would probably look bad regardless) so I happen to have it in a compilable state.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: January 17, 2018, 01:27:58 am »

I think redrawing is something that TWBT is doing anyway, and the "redraw all" command just makes it redraw more often than it normally does. Maybe the redraw all command isn't directly responsible for the crashes; maybe it just increases the chances for the crash condition to occur.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2412 on: January 17, 2018, 02:32:45 am »

I think redrawing is something that TWBT is doing anyway, and the "redraw all" command just makes it redraw more often than it normally does. Maybe the redraw all command isn't directly responsible for the crashes; maybe it just increases the chances for the crash condition to occur.

I've already explained somewhere here, redraw_all makes it redraw all the tiles and not just with changed tile numbers/colours. I don't know why it crashes for farm plots, but in general it does all the processing on another thread which isn't very good, but doesn't slow down simulation and wasn't causing problems before. Probably reprocessing ALL tiles makes it more likely to crash. Or maybe it's something completely different.

Anyway, I'll try looking into this crash but then I'll take a break and think about rewriting TWBT because there's a number of things that I can't fix without architecture changes (namely, support for multiple GPU textures to get rid of the tilesheet limit, support for overriding all building tiles, optimisations, and eliminating of the possibility of the said thread synchronisation issues). I don't mean the break will necessarily be long but rather that I'll not make fixes or add new features to the current implementation.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2413 on: January 17, 2018, 04:41:09 am »

Understood.

How likely is it that a new twbt would fix the "items being carried / items on items show no override" bug?

Enjoy your break. :)

Edit: 6.33 for 44.05 coming, or will you do that later too?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 08:48:52 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: January 17, 2018, 09:09:36 am »

TWBT has a 44.05 commit by endoftheline/pronvit already, it just needs a release build. I can confirm those values are working on windows.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 184