Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763436 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2460 on: April 05, 2018, 09:45:51 am »

He knows. He usually follows DFHack development pretty closely.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: April 05, 2018, 09:20:36 pm »

Darn work. Don't employers know that there's Dwarf Fortress utilities to be made?
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

Lamandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Diagnostican
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: April 06, 2018, 12:19:43 am »

Darn work. Don't employers know that there's Dwarf Fortress utilities to be made?

Ikr? It is like deploying a legendary Fish Desector to the Army... uh...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: April 17, 2018, 03:34:40 am »

How do I build this?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: April 17, 2018, 08:27:27 am »

Do you need to? There are binaries at https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/releases
There is also a makefile and a visual studio project in the repository. Is something not working with those?

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: April 17, 2018, 08:31:49 am »

The visual studio project depends on a lot of environment variables to work. I think I got most of it figured out now.

As for why I need to build it, I want to add the ability to use raw tokens rather than indexes, so things don't break as soon as somebody adds a new workshop.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: April 17, 2018, 08:50:14 am »

Oh, your picture changed, and I didn't recognize who you were.
That sounds like a fun project. I've never built TWBT on Windows, though, so I'm afraid I can't help much there. The Makefile just needs paths to DF, DFHack source, and a DFHack version number (DF, DH, and DFHACKVER respectively) - maybe the Windows build system is similar?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: April 17, 2018, 10:24:54 am »

So some discussion in the meph tileset thread lead me to making this small change:

https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/pull/74

This should make things a bit easier for the overrides.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: April 20, 2018, 02:36:09 am »

<Removed, as it was complete garbage>
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 02:33:01 pm by PatrikLundell »

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: April 25, 2018, 12:34:19 pm »

Code: [Select]
RiverRampE, RiverRampN, RiverRampNE, RiverRampNW, RiverRampS, RiverRampSE, RiverRampSW, RiverRampWIs it possible to introduce such a distinction for all types of ground ramps?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: April 25, 2018, 12:36:46 pm »

Those tile types are implemented by DF, so TWBT cannot introduce new ones.

Would it be possible for TwbT to export a function for turning on text mode with a possible need to reset the text mode when done for usage by DFHack scripts to allow those to produce their output as "real" text?
My thought is that DFHack would export a function that did nothing if TwbT wasn't active, and would enable/reset text mode when TwbT was present. One usage of this would be to have the various DFHack widgets that produce text have their rendering functions enable text at the start and reset it at the end.
There's already a "map" parameter to DFHack drawing functions that TWBT can use to distinguish between drawing to the map and drawing text. The latter is the default. I'm not sure what issues you're thinking of here.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: April 25, 2018, 02:32:15 pm »

:
Would it be possible for TwbT to export a function for turning on text mode with a possible need to reset the text mode when done for usage by DFHack scripts to allow those to produce their output as "real" text?
My thought is that DFHack would export a function that did nothing if TwbT wasn't active, and would enable/reset text mode when TwbT was present. One usage of this would be to have the various DFHack widgets that produce text have their rendering functions enable text at the start and reset it at the end.
There's already a "map" parameter to DFHack drawing functions that TWBT can use to distinguish between drawing to the map and drawing text. The latter is the default. I'm not sure what issues you're thinking of here.
You're completely correct, and I'm barking up the wrong tree up the creek without a paddle.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: April 28, 2018, 12:08:57 am »

Just out of curiosity, how hard would it be to have multi-layer overrides for creatures, to support, for example, skin color, or per-caste graphics?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 12:10:54 am by Japa »
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 184