Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763428 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2520 on: July 15, 2018, 07:46:19 pm »

Adding CXXFLAGS += "-D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0" after CFLAGS into makefile for twbt.plug.so results in another twbt.plug.so that doesn't work and is 8% too small.
The size is entirely arbitrary and can depend on many factors - there isn't a "right" size. Why doesn't it work? Anything in stderr.log?

Adding it to plugins' makefile does result in it appearing in output...of failure (note that it didn't appear in the output for main twbt5.7 make inst):

That's a linker command, where -D arguments will do nothing. Can you paste the full make output? Alternatively, you should see the -D argument in the same command that's compiling .hpp/.cpp files.

Also question: I'm not sure what other angle I can answer from it if my last edit to previous post didn't answer it. Being sieged by undead is major part of the fort, and .04 combat changes change their nature?
I missed that part of your last post, sorry. I wasn't aware of combat changes in 0.43.04. Is that a reported bug or something?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: July 15, 2018, 08:01:24 pm »

Well, /home/username/DF/dfhack_compile/4303/DF4303/df_linux/hack/plugins/twbt.plug.so: undefined symbol: _ZN6DFHack12findEnumItemERKNSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEEiPKPKc is exactly same as on last page.

Good to know size isn't determinator even for two compiles of exact same code. I've been trying 'em all anyway since 'maybe it'll work this time'.

I tried make inst -D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0 in twbt5.7/plugins folder, but it exited with "invalid option" and listing of non-invalid flags. Not sure where else you mean to place it?

The above in spoiler is the full make output in console; unlike with dfhack there's no CMakeOutput.log or the like that I can see in the twbt folder.

Not a bug but a feature. (Well, weapon trap crashes were fixed in 44.01 though but I don't plan on using any.)
Though some consider twisting to be too strong/other things too fragile and use mods like Sver's combat rework to weaken its effect.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: July 15, 2018, 08:08:11 pm »

Hm, I was wrong about CFLAGS not being used. But depending on where you put your CFLAGS line, it could have been overwritten later, like in https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/blob/6168d1f3caa76c8a36c78e63d456746d4fe789be/Makefile#L28 (the current version). Can you add the -D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0 option to the first CFLAGS definition (https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/blob/v5.70/Makefile#L28), and make sure that it shows up in every line of the make output that contains "g++"?

To clarify, by "commands", I meant the commands printed by make, not the command you're running. Make prints every command that it runs (usually starting with g++), and each of those lines should contain -D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0. If you run into further issues, can you please post all of those lines, not just the last one?

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: July 16, 2018, 06:51:19 am »

Resultant is slightly larger but not as much as release, ...And it loads and works!

Alright, now to try for the altered next and dfhack...And it works too!

||

=D

(Though (whoops?) multilevel displays weirdly. Ah well, I guess I might convert latest twbt to 43.03 when the meantime fixed bugs annoy me/it crashes/I want unit transparency support/etc).

Now to load my 43.03 fort and dragonmaster's at the same time. Raw, data, init, save, scripts...

||

Going through things, everything in dfhack.init works...Ah, it seems my edited stamper.lua for 43.03 has blackspace for text. Well, can refactor it. All other tested guis seem to work, and at least some of the added changes such as dfhack.gui.getSelectedPlant, dfhack.units.getUnitsInBox or dfhack.buildings.getCageOccupants also seem to work. No crashes at least, which is definitely unexpected.

Alright. I didn't manage to make it crash so far, so I guess I can leave this here for others, if anybody else wants it:

linux: dfhack-43-03-r1 with twbt.plug.so from next branch

Note that it doesn't include next's mousequery, but the default one (just like with 5.7, I couldn't get the plugin to compile. The changes are pretty substantial between the code of the two, so guess there will be bugs related to that as well).

Overall, thanks a lot lethosor, couldn't have done this without you.

E: Figured I could just compile twbt's mousequery alongside dfhack if I toss in renderer_twbt.h, so here's it as an experiment: above+mousequery(+some name changes)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:20:26 pm by Fleeting Frames »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: July 16, 2018, 08:12:40 am »

gui/stamper draws to the map, and those types of scripts weren't fixed until more recently (which is also when the three plugins were removed from TWBT, except mousequery, but that was only because mousequery also had extra features). If you try gui/siege-engine, you'll probably see the same issue.

MrSirLogan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: July 21, 2018, 08:11:14 pm »

Does anyone know why the multilevel wont work? I know TWBT is installed because the dfhack console informs me that its running version 6.53, but it doesnt do anything. I'm tearing my hair out over here, I followed the steps made sure everything is on proper order but I dont know what I'm missing. Is there something in the init or overrides I need to change? Please guys any help would be great.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: July 21, 2018, 08:36:27 pm »

What settings did you set in init.txt? I don't think overrides make a difference.

MrSirLogan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: July 21, 2018, 08:47:55 pm »

What settings did you set in init.txt? I don't think overrides make a difference.

I set the printmode to TWBT, and turned on the graphics and changed the resolution.

MrSirLogan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: July 21, 2018, 10:39:57 pm »

I found the fix, I needed to edit the dfhack.init. Thanks for putting up with my shit, have a good sunday fellas.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: July 21, 2018, 11:33:05 pm »

What exactly did you add, for future reference? Were you forgetting to actually run the "multilevel" command, or was it something else? (If that was it, you don't have to put it in dfhack.init - you can also run it in the DFHack console at any time, although putting it in dfhack.init will run it whenever DF starts.)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: July 26, 2018, 03:53:42 am »

It seems that whenever I try to embark with LNP 0.44.12-r01 with TWBT and Phoebus, DF crashes (i.e. the window just disappears, as DF crashes tend to result in when DFHack is used). Changing Print Mode to STANDARD seems to allow embarking. Curiously, I've had no issues with continuing fortresses (my old one, as well as a few DFFD bug investigation ones). I haven't yet tried to embark with STANDARD, save, and then try to play with TWBT.

Since it seems to be consistent, is there any investigation I can do to try to track down the issue? I've tried looking in the various log files in the DF directory without seeing anything I find suspicious.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2531 on: July 26, 2018, 08:42:44 am »

It seems that whenever I try to embark with LNP 0.44.12-r01 with TWBT and Phoebus, DF crashes (i.e. the window just disappears, as DF crashes tend to result in when DFHack is used). Changing Print Mode to STANDARD seems to allow embarking. Curiously, I've had no issues with continuing fortresses (my old one, as well as a few DFFD bug investigation ones). I haven't yet tried to embark with STANDARD, save, and then try to play with TWBT.

Since it seems to be consistent, is there any investigation I can do to try to track down the issue? I've tried looking in the various log files in the DF directory without seeing anything I find suspicious.

You can post LNP settings screenshots or init.txt for me to reproduce the issue. Btw, the latest PE's LNP is r02, are you using old one or is it another LNP?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: July 26, 2018, 09:34:33 am »

The only difference between LNP r01 and r02 is a working DT (accidentally 32 bit version in r01), and I've updated DT manually (although I mostly haven't had DT running when embarking, and not during the testing below).

OK, your answer made me look at what I've done to init.txt, and I tried reducing the window size from 125*95 which I used, to first 110 * 95 (still crashing) and 80 * 25 (which I think is default), which worked.
125 * 25 worked.
125 * 80 crashed.
125 * 70 crashed.
125 * 60 worked.
125 * 65 worked.
125 * 68 crashed.
125 * 67 worked.

Thus, it seems to be something with a large vertical screen size it doesn't like.
init.txt as it looks after the successful 67 test (I've used the LNP UI to change the values, not text editing):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On the off chance that it isn't reproducible on your end (with 68 and above as the vertical screen size), I'm happy to test things you suggest.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2533 on: July 26, 2018, 11:28:54 pm »

On the off chance that it isn't reproducible on your end (with 68 and above as the vertical screen size), I'm happy to test things you suggest.

It doesn't crash so far, I'll test more. But why do you need to specify the exact size in init.txt? What if you just leave the default zeroes and resize the window as you want it afterwards?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: July 27, 2018, 02:46:04 am »

It doesn't crash so far, I'll test more. But why do you need to specify the exact size in init.txt? What if you just leave the default zeroes and resize the window as you want it afterwards?
125*95 happens to be a size I'm happy with. I grew tired of resizing the window every time I started DF, and since the functionality is there to get the window to have the desired size from the start I decided to use it. I can use resizing as a work around, of course, in particular if it only is for the embark.

It's annoying the issue isn't readily reproducible. The world I've used most of the time is a standard world gen pocket with 5 years of history (I've used it as a sand box for DFHack investigations, so I don't particularly care about its details). If I remember correctly, that world doesn't have any raw changes. If I remember incorrectly, it contains the ones I've made for my "real" world, which still shouldn't be important:
- Made banana yield wood (as it doesn't show up on embarks otherwise)
- Made goblins start on glaciers exclusively (to get them to spawn where I want them)
- Lowered (semi)megabeast attack triggers
- All civ siege triggers set to 1.

I made another attempt at a "real" embark with 125*67, and it crashed, so the next time I'll try default values for that.

Edit: I just tried starting with size (0, 0) and then resizing the window to about my desired size, and then embark in my pocket world, and it crashed. The purpose was to see if the initial size had anything to do with it, or if it's a matter of the screen size at embark, and as expected, it's the screen size at the time of embark that matters.

Edit 2: I've made my "proper" embark with a (0, 0) window size, saved, restarted DF with my desired size, and it works. Still, it would be good if the cause of the crashes can be identified.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 03:51:26 am by PatrikLundell »
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 184