Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763335 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2550 on: August 23, 2018, 01:57:12 am »

The question is, will we paint/design new sprites with the fitting size, or will twbt upscale the 32x32 sprites into new dimensions?  Because after all, the creature tiles are still in a square grid in their graphics files.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: August 23, 2018, 03:00:20 pm »

The question is, will we paint/design new sprites with the fitting size, or will twbt upscale the 32x32 sprites into new dimensions?  Because after all, the creature tiles are still in a square grid in their graphics files.
I hope that there will be separate .png files with each size category. It is understood that each creature will be processed in Photoshop separately with an individual scale - someone will be stretched to 120%, someone at 230%,  - simple twbt upscale command can not do here. First, there will be a rough scaling, then there may be a redrawn sprites in the light of a larger area to draw - for example, an elephant, I did not just stretch it.

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: September 02, 2018, 12:24:12 pm »

I know this has been asked before but where are the lists like df/items_otherid.h and df/item_type.h? I've searched through both the source code and releases of DFHack and TWBT but I can't find them anywhere. The lists in the README.md are outdated and missing some entries like DISPLAY_CASE which I can find in Meph's set but not listed on that page.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: September 02, 2018, 12:25:53 pm »

They are generated in the DFHack build process. You can't find them online, and that's a good thing, because any online copies are likely to be out of date (just like the list in the TWBT readme apparently is).

You can get a list with "@df.whatever_type" in the DFHack Lua interpreter (or just run lua with that expression as an argument, e.g. "lua @df.item_type").
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2554 on: September 03, 2018, 08:04:35 am »

DragondePlatino, if you find things ingame that are missing overrides and you can't find the tile-type, point at the tile and type "print-twbt-override" into dfhack. It identifies what you are looking for, writing the line excepted in the overrides.txt for it. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: September 03, 2018, 08:58:32 am »

print-twbt-override is not part of dfhack or twbt. Except if someone has made a better version of it, you can find my old script here (don't trust it too much, it does not always choose the best id).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2556 on: September 03, 2018, 09:16:51 am »

print-twbt-override is not part of dfhack or twbt. Except if someone has made a better version of it, you can find my old script here (don't trust it too much, it does not always choose the best id).
He should have it, if he uses my tileset to look up things.

Btw, could you make it print all ids on the tile?

For example when I check a corpse with items in the inventory, it says it looks at a weapon (because there is a weapon in the inventory). It would be more helpful if it outputs the ids for the corpse and all items individually.

Not super-relevant by now, but I wanted to mention it just in case it's an easy addition.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: September 03, 2018, 09:55:34 am »

It uses "dfhack.gui.getSelectedItem()" to get the item, make sure you selected the correct one. The item does not need to be actually displayed. You can even select it from the stocks screen.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: September 03, 2018, 10:28:39 am »

I often want to know what tile something (that may be a building or terrain) is as well, so it'd be neat addition if it could print those (for case of item/terrain overlap, ignoring selected item if it is hidden maybe).

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: September 03, 2018, 10:53:33 am »

I tried to get the tile number at the cursor position, but I would surprisingly get the cursor tile ('X'). You can write numbers in your tileset to make reading tiles easier.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: September 03, 2018, 12:04:51 pm »

Hahaha, well I should have expected that.

Yeah I did that when needed to (expect used letters and/or wiki instead).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2561 on: September 04, 2018, 07:12:32 am »

I'm more interested in the IDs, trying to find overrides for stuff like miasma or clouds of flies, or weird stuff in adv-mode. ^^

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: September 06, 2018, 01:06:44 pm »

i forgot how to fix mousequery... i think it was just a fixed dfhack .plug.so somewhere on github though.
copypastinging the mousequery.plug.so from the 44.09 just doesnt work - saying it were written for another version of dfhack.
the only thing that doesnt work is the scrolling on screenborder when not in any dmode or lmode or qmode.
i'll post this in dfhack and twbt support threads, because i remember something about twbt having its own version of mousequery.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: September 06, 2018, 04:22:31 pm »

DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: September 10, 2018, 12:42:37 pm »

"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 184