Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763446 times)

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2580 on: November 09, 2018, 03:45:36 pm »

I'd like to report a bug. Whenever I'm playing in Adventure Mode and walking around in a densely-populated area, sometimes the overrides change back to the original tiles whenever you move or the screen scrolls. I figured it was a problem with my tileset, but the problem persisted when I removed all of the overrides. I figured my computer was running low on memory, but a beta tester has reported similar issues in less-populated areas on a much faster computer. My beta tester said that DFHack was displaying this error at the time:

Code: [Select]
E: NoMethodError: undefined method 'onstatechange' for DFHack:Module
  eval:1:in '<main>'

And this is what the bug looks like. There should be no visible ASCII on this screen:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2581 on: November 09, 2018, 06:58:30 pm »

Did you try to play with "twbt redraw_all 1" ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: November 10, 2018, 01:14:05 pm »

Yes, that's an option I appended to dfhack.init.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: November 15, 2018, 03:20:47 pm »

Here are some examples of what you can do with Japas changes, just so you know the ingame effect it can have:

Spoiler: animated water (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: animated soap maker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: varied bars/blocks (click to show/hide)

Suffice to say, I'd really love to see these additions being maintained for future updates. ;)
This is just wow. Didn't expect it to get this far :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: December 06, 2018, 11:24:34 am »

Is there a way to debug twbt while running DF? I experience random CTDs while using Mephs tileset and they don't seem to be related to anything I do. Interestingly they dont happen if I turn display mode to standard deactivating twbt and I did not experience one if I turn redraw_all to 0 (but this can be a coincidence). stderr.log and all other output files do not mention anything after crashing.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2585 on: December 06, 2018, 06:15:28 pm »

Is there a way to debug twbt while running DF? I experience random CTDs while using Mephs tileset and they don't seem to be related to anything I do. Interestingly they dont happen if I turn display mode to standard deactivating twbt and I did not experience one if I turn redraw_all to 0 (but this can be a coincidence). stderr.log and all other output files do not mention anything after crashing.

What OS are you using?

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: December 07, 2018, 01:42:06 am »

Windows 10 Pro
Version 1803
Build 17134.441

Game running on i7-7660U with 16GB and Intel IRIS Plus 640

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: December 13, 2018, 01:21:12 pm »

Faced a problem. Mechanism of floor coloration.

Introductory word.
For the desired result, I need, that floor tile to be completely drawn in -top.png file.
For example:
1) grass was always the same color(no shades depending on biome)
Post with grass illustrations
2) gold floor must took the color from -top.png, because even below string - happens unwanted colorization of gold color I have already drawn.
Code: [Select]
[OVERRIDE:43:T:ConstructedFloor:_MDF_overrides_7:109::::INORGANIC:GOLD]
Description of the problem.
If the floor tile is present in -top.png, then is not visible on him blood, vomit, mud or other pollution types.

Petition.
Is it possible to do something so that pollution coloration to be ignoring the file -top.png for floors? Would like command, like twbt vomit_ignore floor_top 1 or something like that.

Upd. For grass everything is decided through changing GRASS_COLORS in plant_grasses.txt. But for Tile Types - MineralPebbles, StonePebbles, StoneFloor and SoilFloor - need 50% transparent tile in -top.png for a smooth color transition, which again creates a display problem with mud and other.

Upd.2. Problem with wrong coloration of walls, floors and furniture turns out to be very easy to solve - need in overrides.txt specify foreground color 16, and then do not need to duplicate tiles in -top.png.
My mistake - it is not work - blood/vomit not seen with forcibly specified foreground color.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 09:26:24 pm by Vordak »

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: March 13, 2019, 12:12:13 pm »

Will TWBT continue to be developed after the release of the "new" version of DF?

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: March 13, 2019, 02:39:18 pm »

Is there a way to fix this nasty thing when it low FPS?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 02:43:27 pm by waterphage13 »

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #2591 on: March 13, 2019, 04:56:57 pm »

Will TWBT continue to be developed after the release of the "new" version of DF?

Depending on how much of TWBT functionality is included in the graphics update for the steam/itch.io release, and whether that graphics update makes it to standard DF or not, TWBT could either be rendered obsolete in its entirety, or still be just as needed for non-steam/itch.io graphics.
Then again, if you're interested in DF with graphics you might as well play the version with the inbuilt fancy tileset, so TWBT might take a hit either way.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2592 on: March 13, 2019, 09:32:34 pm »

If it will indeed not be continued, let me just say Thank you! at this point. It has been a blast to use it and experiment with it and brought me and many other people a lot of joy. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: March 14, 2019, 12:07:40 am »

I want to thank Mifki as well! Even if TWBT is depreciated by the Steam release, it still played an incredibly important part in DF's history. A lot of tilesets were spawned from this mod and all of the work people put into them can now be ported into the new release. I never would've gotten into DF modding without TWBT so I owe a ton to mifki and the years of work he put into this.

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: March 14, 2019, 12:16:12 am »

mifki's definitely allowed a whole period of creativity to flourish that would have been impossible without their work!

Now if we're REALLY lucky, they won't consider TWBT deprecated until there's an actual replacement!

*shudder*
Team Bug Fix!
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 184