Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763458 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2685 on: December 27, 2020, 12:45:27 pm »

Could you upload your stderr.log file from a run of DFHack that triggered this error? I'm not sure if any additional details will be in it, but they would be more likely to be printed there than to the console.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: December 27, 2020, 04:05:40 pm »

Could you upload your stderr.log file from a run of DFHack that triggered this error? I'm not sure if any additional details will be in it, but they would be more likely to be printed there than to the console.

Certainly!  Here's the link:  https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15362
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: December 27, 2020, 08:56:42 pm »

Unfortunately that doesn't give any more details (looks like Windows is particularly unhelpful here compared to other platforms):
Code: [Select]
loading plugin twbt
Can't load plugin twbt

The only other possibility I could think of is that you have 32-bit DF and DFHack, but stderr.log also indicates that you have 64-bit DF (and therefore must have 64-bit DFHack too):
Code: [Select]
Version: v0.47.04 SDL win64

If redownloading TWBT as Clément suggested doesn't help, uploading a copy of hack/plugins/twbt.plug.dll might be useful. Do you have any antivirus software that could be quarantining this file? If not, my only other guess is that the plugin was simply built incorrectly somehow, but I don't understand how nobody else would have run into that issue. You are using an older version of DFHack, though - any reason you can't upgrade? I know there's a build of TWBT from the same source for 0.47.04-r3 currently (not r4 yet): https://github.com/thurin/df-twbt/releases/
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 09:03:29 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: December 27, 2020, 09:12:17 pm »

Thanks for taking the time to help, lethosor, Clément, and Erendir.
I do have 64-bit DF and everything else.
And it's no surprise Windoze is particularly unhelpful.

I'll start with a fresh install for my next fort anyway, so not the end of the world... or maybe do a fresh install, and if I get it working, then copy over my current fort to that.
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob

thurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: December 28, 2020, 04:29:18 pm »

I've updated the twbt release for r4 (for windows and linux - mac coming soon).

https://github.com/thurin/df-twbt/releases/tag/0.47.04-r4

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: December 28, 2020, 07:12:07 pm »

This plugin improves various aspects the game interface.

2. Multi-level rendering.
[/color]
The above quote is from the O.P. in this thread.

Does Multi-level rendering happen automatically, or does it need to be turned on separately somehow?

(I successfully installed DFHack 0.47.04-r4   and   twbt-6.xx-win64-0.47.04-r4, which appeared to load correctly.  I set PRINT_MODE to TWBT as advised in init.txt)  Then, upon creating a new world and embarking I'm not seeing the multi-level rendering.  Using DF 0.47.04 game version with no mods and ASCII tileset.  Sorry to be a pest, but I'm sure I followed all the instructions and such.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: December 28, 2020, 07:22:57 pm »

Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: December 28, 2020, 07:25:55 pm »

This plugin improves various aspects the game interface.

2. Multi-level rendering.
[/color]
The above quote is from the O.P. in this thread.

Does Multi-level rendering happen automatically, or does it need to be turned on separately somehow?

(I successfully installed DFHack 0.47.04-r4   and   twbt-6.xx-win64-0.47.04-r4, which appeared to load correctly.  I set PRINT_MODE to TWBT as advised in init.txt)  Then, upon creating a new world and embarking I'm not seeing the multi-level rendering.  Using DF 0.47.04 game version with no mods and ASCII tileset.  Sorry to be a pest, but I'm sure I followed all the instructions and such.

You can choose the depth of multilevel with the DFhack terminal command `multilevel #` where # is a number from  0 to 15. Generally people will place such a command in dfhack.init.
Team Bug Fix!

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: December 28, 2020, 07:36:19 pm »

OMG I'm so happy!

Thanks guys, and if I had been more observant I would have found that github/mifki page right in the O.P.
*duh*

alef

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: January 02, 2021, 01:50:37 pm »

... Suddenly every time I pressed escape to exit menus, especially the Z menu, I get a black screen. The game is not frozen but the playing window turns pitch black. I can still see the rest of the game like the menu on the right, and the borders and such. And the game is running.

Same issue here, all the time. It doesn't happen if I set [PRINT_MODE:TWBT_LEGACY].

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: January 06, 2021, 02:52:01 am »

Does anybody have 32 bit sources/libs for windows?
I guess I'd better setup a 64 bit virtual machine, but I want to try my luck first.  :P

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: January 06, 2021, 03:27:10 am »

There's a large amount of work that needs to be done for each architecture, so there's no 32bit work done, since every modern CPU is 64 bit.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: February 01, 2021, 02:11:23 pm »

Here's an update to this post back in 2018 july.

Spoiler: Feature tweaks (8) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bugfixes (5) (click to show/hide)

Known issues:
Vermin altties (purring maggots in vanilla) aren't handled.
Overrides for items in trade depot and wagon (outside of center tile) aren't handled.

Packaged together with Dragonmaster's tileset and dfhack/DF, available for DL here

E: Fixed -bg layer being included in main set in IBSHEET
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 03:49:29 am by Fleeting Frames »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: February 18, 2021, 06:50:36 am »

Here's an update to this post back in 2018 july.

Nice!  Would you consider
  • Hosting the download at https://dffd.bay12games.com/ ?  It's dedicated hosting for DF, with no signup barriers and likely to outlast anything else the community uses  ;)
  • Are you interested in helping to port TwbT into the main DFHack repo?  With Mifki inactive, it would make maintainence and packaging a lot easier to have it all built and tested together.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

thurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: February 18, 2021, 08:27:00 pm »

• Are you interested in helping to port TwbT into the main DFHack repo?  With Mifki inactive, it would make maintainence and packaging a lot easier to have it all built and tested together.

i've started working on this with dfhack folks.

open to any fixes that are needed of course.
    Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 184