Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763533 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2715 on: April 04, 2021, 04:06:55 am »

The reason bone overrides don't work is that TWBT makes mat_info from item mat_type and index for item-material matching. The difference is also important for eggs, fish and raw fish, iirc. And remains, as pointed out.

You can see what materials it outputs for things with this line:
Code: [Select]
:lua ~dfhack.matinfo.decode(dfhack.gui.getSelectedItem():getMaterial(), dfhack.gui.getSelectedItem():getMaterialIndex())
Looks like linked Meph's overrides.txt only overrides fresh and rotten meat?

As for skulls, I was thinking of (sentient) dwarf/goblin skulls, not chicken skulls. The link should have taken to Line 47; the disabling bit is bad_item_flags.bits.dead_dwarf = true;
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 04:08:45 am by Fleeting Frames »

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: April 04, 2021, 06:29:06 am »

That's for that command - it should help a lot.

Interestingly, when checking corpseparts, it doesn't return anything, but also doesn't give an error. It just gives the new line back.  That would explain why the individual overrides aren't working and possibly why the BONE material flag isn't, but I'm not sure what to make of it being completely blank

EDIT:
Thought: Is there anything you can put in a material template raw to change the tile of that when used as a corpse part? I'm editing raws anyway, so that is on the table.

Also, is there anything I can put in the override file to suppress errors related to bad materials?  My override file currently contains overrides for forgotten beasts and night creatures, when, depending on your world, might not have the associated organs, causing an error, so I'd like to be able to suppress those error when releasing it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 06:27:00 pm by Rydel »

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: April 11, 2021, 09:59:12 pm »

I've ended up with another weird override giving me trouble I can't figure out.

I'm trying to override tracks, and due to weirdness with them displaying, I am trying to specify the color per material.  However, overrides like the following keeps giving me "TWBT: invalid new fg track", even though track is in the tileset position:
[OVERRIDE:30:T:MineralRampTrackEW:track:88:6:7::INORGANIC:PUDDINGSTONE]

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: April 12, 2021, 08:30:08 am »

Your override looks good to me. Are your rails still inverted in d_init? Maybe it doesn't like that?

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: April 12, 2021, 11:56:10 am »

Not only was that my issue, but removing the inverted colors fixed the initial issue I was trying to work around

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: April 19, 2021, 11:44:39 am »

This is probably a bit off a stretch, but is there any way to override the status effect icons, like ! for possessed vs ! for insane or for thirsty vs for unhappy?

To be clear, I'm not just referring to editing the normal tileset, I'd like to, for instance, use completely different images for moods vs insanity.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: April 19, 2021, 12:40:19 pm »

I'm guessing not, since Meph doesn't use overrides for them and uses valuable space on the main tilesheet for them. Also the tilesets wiki page doesn't indicate that they can be changed through non-TWBT means either.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: April 19, 2021, 01:27:50 pm »

Yeah, not possible. At best you could override the all instances of those tiles on walkable terrain - but that doesn't allow you to differ them. Plus it's hard to get any extra usable space from main tileset with measures like that.

You could distinguish stuff like thirsty vs unhappy via tilesets tricks, i.e. using red/blue/magneta colourcoding for setting pixels for thirst/unhappiness/both, but that doesn't work in general.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: April 19, 2021, 03:41:00 pm »

You could distinguish stuff like thirsty vs unhappy via tilesets tricks, i.e. using red/blue/magneta colourcoding for setting pixels for thirst/unhappiness/both, but that doesn't work in general.

Has someone ever achieved something like that? It seems much more difficult than the inverted tile trick. Too many colors are used, and the quality of the effect would depend on the palette. For the downward arrow, you have: brown (red+green) → hungry, blue → thirsty, gray (all colors) → drowsy, red → stressed, yellow (red+green again) → distracted. Exclamation mark is even worse with all the moods, breakdown, madness, …

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: April 21, 2021, 09:37:24 am »

As far as I'm aware, only with magma vs water (I and Vettlingr have tried it, I think Meph too?).

Even with just designation vs depot vs blood-coated wall tiles, I ran into the issue where it designations were brown (albeit green designations looked pretty neat too) so they'd pick up unacceptably much from shared colour. Ended up with a dithered magneta-green that translates roughly as off-white when white is used but darker than than white square with red.

It's pretty hard to make it work beyond three of red/green/blue.

bumm3r

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: June 06, 2021, 07:24:50 pm »

@treehugger @Manadras

I also found that unlimiting my GFPS (by setting it to 0 in LNP) caused the issue to go away entirely. :)

Zlove89

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: July 22, 2021, 09:19:06 pm »

Is there a way to get this to work with the newest DFhack? I really want to use the new features with Meph's tileset

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: August 08, 2021, 04:20:56 pm »

How to make vermins overrides?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 05:54:57 pm by waterphage13 »

Freak2121

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: August 09, 2021, 07:00:27 pm »

I have a bit of a noob question. I'm trying to adapt the Bitlands tileset to work with proper transparencies. It works well for the most part, except for these strange outlines with items stored in stockpiles or placed on smooth floors.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is this a known issue and is there a solution to it?

Edit 1: Silly me, some of the tiles in the font and map sets have outlines.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 07:57:59 pm by Freak2121 »
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184